Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: En Masse Promotes Chris Lee

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment's top tier executives have been altered with the promotion of former VP of Publishing, Chris Lee, to the company's CEO. In addition, former Nexon America exec Soo Min Park has been hired as COO and former Microsoft exec Bryan Koski has been named as EME's Director of Marketing.

Lee is a respected games industry veteran of more than 14 years who successfully managed the marketing for blockbuster franchises including Halo, Age of Empires, Need for Speed, and Aionat Microsoft, Electronic Arts and NCsoft respectively, before joining En Masse Entertainment in 2009 as its first publishing VP. Lee worked with his team along with global partners to launch TERA in the Western market. The recipient of multiple industry honors and accolades, including “Best PC Game” and “Best MMO” at E3, TERA gives players the best of both worlds: the depth of a traditional MMO alongside the visceral gratification of an action game.

Source: Email Press Release

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

Put it f2p we don't care about your staff managment

I'll surely get banned again, so see ya in 3 days :)

Banned for : 

Trolling, nope i just say what i think ..

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

"Today, we had to let go of some of the great talent at En Masse Entertainment. While a tough decision, it was necessary as we prepare for the next chapter of our business."

so that's wht they meant then.

• OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    And why does anyone care?
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Because its interesting to know. And maybe trying to make people appriciate that alot of effort goes in to these games wether individuals like them or not.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

"Special Bulletin!!!!!! EU version taken off Gameforge and given to En Masse.......!!!"

YES!!!...........what?.........Bobby Ewing has just walked out of the shower room?.......

Damn, it was just a dream....oh well we live in hope.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

"Special Bulletin!!!!!! EU version taken off Gameforge and given to En Masse.......!!!"

YES!!!...........what?.........Bobby Ewing has just walked out of the shower room?.......

oh if only..wont play it in the EU while gameforge have it..if it goes f2p in the US i will go there..to hell with gameforge.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

oh if only..wont play it in the EU while gameforge have it..if it goes f2p in the US i will go there..to hell with gameforge.

I had the same idea and downloaded the En Masse discovery edition to check the fps and ping from across the Atlantic - had to give up after a while, was unplayable in built up areas. Didn't want to imagine what Nexus would've been like.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

They are either hiring in preparation for TERA to go F2P or hiring to pick up another title... like Archeage for example.

"The additions to our management team are all about building the foundation for a strong future in 2013 and beyond," said Lee. "Publishing games in today's marketplace requires a group of leaders with diverse backgrounds in order to succeed. Now, En Masse is in an even better position to bring fun and innovative games to players."

^ NCSoft has AA in the bag.
  • FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80
    TERA doesn't need to go F2P. There's already a decent free trial available, the game itself is already cheap, and there are Chronoscrolls. People asking for TERA are just way too cheap or otherwise not seeing the bigger picture. If the worse case scenario comes in which TERA goes F2P, then I can only hope the game doesn't get treated the same way as SWTOR with stupid restrictions imposed.
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Does anyone here like Brian Knox? I remember when he used to promote Aion then of course Tera, as soon as I see his face I know it's just propaganda coming out and know to take whatever information he provides with a pinch of salt.
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

What TERA needs is new ideas, faster implementation of ktera patches, and OTHER THINGS TO DO BESIDES GRIND.

Oh cool they promoted this guy. Unless he's the 2nd coming of Yoshi (a-la ffxiv) I don't think this is going to change the fact that this game is crashing, fast.

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    Does anyone here like Brian Knox? I remember when he used to promote Aion then of course Tera, as soon as I see his face I know it's just propaganda coming out and know to take whatever information he provides with a pinch of salt.

well just like wiht AION, now that someone else is in charge of the game TERA might actually be finished soon and realize its potential.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    But the guy they promoted was already 2nd in command any way and they also promoted that troll Brian Knox. It's not like they've brought in fresh ideas.