Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you "win" an MMO?

2»

Comments

• You win an MMO by having fun playing it. Otherwise you lose.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    The closest Ive come to winning an MMO was when I didnt purchase darkfall
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Nice mount + decent level cap gear = WIN.  Even better if I've maxed out my crafting too.

Completing content ranks somewhere around "who cares".

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Both, so can't really vote just one or the other :)

You do "win" it, when you get tired of it and no longer have the will to login, that's when i consider an MMO "beat".

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

Find, defeat the Secret Cow Level.

All MMOs have one.

• CalkrowCalkrow Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Axxar
    You win an MMO by having fun playing it. Otherwise you lose.

Agreed totally, and even better if you're so busy having fun that you don't think in terms of winning or losing.

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by G.I.T.M
    Originally posted by Axxar
    You win an MMO by having fun playing it. Otherwise you lose.

Agreed totally, and even better if you're so busy having fun that you don't think in terms of winning or losing.

How about the notion of "competion" and "closure"? Do you want to see the end of the lich king? To see how a storyline is finished?

That provide a sense of completion, and i think it is totally valid to have that in MMOs.