Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Do you "win" an MMO?

2»

Comments

• loulakiloulaki PatrasPosts: 918Member

well for me the reason i play an MMO is that daily i log in the game aand i found some frindly guys and we do some content and have fun

if we dont have anything to do, or i dont find these friendly guys, then the game is over for me ...

• You win an MMO by having fun playing it. Otherwise you lose.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    The closest Ive come to winning an MMO was when I didnt purchase darkfall

El Psy Congroo

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,913Member Uncommon

Nice mount + decent level cap gear = WIN.  Even better if I've maxed out my crafting too.

Completing content ranks somewhere around "who cares".

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,391Member Uncommon

Both, so can't really vote just one or the other :)

You do "win" it, when you get tired of it and no longer have the will to login, that's when i consider an MMO "beat".

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

• GreyfaceGreyface Detroit, MIPosts: 390Member

Find, defeat the Secret Cow Level.

All MMOs have one.

• CalkrowCalkrow WokinghamPosts: 79Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Axxar
    You win an MMO by having fun playing it. Otherwise you lose.

Agreed totally, and even better if you're so busy having fun that you don't think in terms of winning or losing.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by G.I.T.M
    Originally posted by Axxar
    You win an MMO by having fun playing it. Otherwise you lose.

Agreed totally, and even better if you're so busy having fun that you don't think in terms of winning or losing.

How about the notion of "competion" and "closure"? Do you want to see the end of the lich king? To see how a storyline is finished?

That provide a sense of completion, and i think it is totally valid to have that in MMOs.

2»