Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a mess! (impressions of a new player to the secret world)

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Mardukk

OP you should have read up about the game first.  As many of your issues are not issues to others (I couldn't care less about "events" or PvP or pretty character customization).  I find the setting, interesting quests and freedom to make my own class much more important than a pretty character or seasonal events.  To bad you didn't read up about the game first or you would have realized that PvP was going to be REALLY difficult to balance with this type of skill wheel setup and likely that PvP would suffer.  Luckily you didn't spend much on it and can move on without much thought.

Your system issues definitely are not something I've experienced.

yeah he should have read more about the game to see its one you like.  ooooook lol.  or did you mean read to see funcom failed to add and fix pvp?  or both lol.  and of course because mardukk claims no performance issues experienced then the game has none...heh

Do I have type it in caps that PvP isn't a strength of the game?  Maybe if you lived in a cave you would not have heard that PvP isn't this game's strength and you shouldn't purchase the game for PvP reasons only.  For the love of god people look around and do the smallest bit of research before purchasing a game.  I'm trying really hard to find some sympathy for OP but I just can't muster it.

OP why do you care if someone exploits an event?  Does this game have viable PvP or open world PvP....no.  So why the hell would you let that ruin your entire game experience?  

Because you are having issues doesn't make this game a complete fail as you are in the extreme minority with lag/system issues.

• OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    just like on their forums now, with more players comes more of the complaints that sunk the game in the first place. basically they don't have a really solid title.

They have a soild title. They just don't have a solid and more aggressive team to back up their title. A good game is nothing without good support.

As you stated, a good game is nothing without support. However good support for a bad game doesn't work either. TSW is just simply a bad game, not much at this point can fix that.

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    2 I like. I like that its not steadily camping mobs and there's hard stuff you have to avoid. Also sounds like you picked up that cursed talisman from the cave, yeah that zombie will keep following you until you fry it on the church doors. But imo hard is good.

5 sounds like a pc or internet provider issue, game ran smooth for me on my mid range pc, never had a crash, the servers were really good no lag problems. You do need a better pc than for the likes of eq2 and wow, tsw is a much more technically advanced game. I'm suprised you had worse performance than swtor though, that runs terrible for me with more than 10 people on screen.

2 I agree with, 4 also to a degree, although you do get a lot of options in how you dress your character as you play.

I never said anything about hardware performance issue but i was talking about latency and server disconnects and freezes caused by high latency. I get constant FPS of 40 in game which is quite good.

If i was alone suffering from this problem i woudl call my internet provider asap  but when after 5 to 6 seconds of freeze suddenyl the general chat looks like this..

Player 1; LAGGGGGGG

Player 2; Omgaddd lagggggggg..

Player 3; Did everyone freeze? for f*** sake FC get your shit together..

Player 4 ; Arggghhh i died to lagg again......

You know you are not alone.

Also the zombie i am talking about is specificaly related to End Of Days event and not the one related to cursed talisman. it stops spawnig once you kill it and pick up it remains but problem is that it is red to new players.

I really felt that i was being trolled by FC when that red zombies killed me in 4 hits as soon as i got in Kingsmouth feeling all tough and  cocky with biceps flexing out of my sleevless top.

So becuase YOU get lag and lots of DC's that means we ALL get them, is that correct?

I have suffered 2 disconnects in the months of playing TSW, lag has been non existant, I'm not denying ppl suffer from Disconnects or lag but members from my multi gaming guild complain about the exact same issues in WoW which this week suffered a 12hr issue that prevented nearly all of the EU from entering the game, and there was some pretty pissed off ppl I can tell you.

As for exploits well you gotta be some kind of idiot to think a forum won't delete any thread that mentions them, wether to explain how they work or that they exist, your advertising the fact there is an exploit out there to those that are eager to abuse the game, you report the game in-game via the ticket system if you come across a problem, you don't go and tell the whole world on the open forums.

No you are not correct. What i wrote in OP is my own personal experince and  what i read and saw in general chat as well as the game experince of those with whom i have been running dungeons. Nowhere even once i mentioned that 'all' get them. Your own words not mine. But did i see a lot of players talking about it and suffering from lag, disconnects? yes.

Also i don't see any reason of hostility. You calling me an idiot..even though i never posted any  thing about exploit on forums however i did see them disappearing very fast. Good players trying to bring up the issue so that it gets fixed nothing more. Only idiots are those who are exploiting the event.

I suggest read my OP again properly so that we are atleast on same page for further discussion.

So, you'll have no compunction in changing the title of your thread from the melodramatic one that it is to something like "this game appears to be a mess" or "in my opinion, this game is a mess"?

I find this useful when trying to write opinion pieces: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Prime

Some scholars advocate using E-Prime as a device to clarify thinking and strengthen writing. For example, the sentence "the film was good" could translate into E-Prime as "I liked the film" or as "the film made me laugh". The E-Prime versions communicate the speaker's experience rather than judgment, making it harder for the writer or reader to confuse opinion with fact.

Emphasis, mine.

As for the exploit, yes, I agree, it's rife. I petitioned a GM and their response was "we're aware of it, we're looking into it and I can't comment on whether it is considered an exploit at this time, though if you are consider participating in this actibity I would recommend erring on the side of caution" - good enough for me. I hope they come down hard on those using it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    2 I like. I like that its not steadily camping mobs and there's hard stuff you have to avoid. Also sounds like you picked up that cursed talisman from the cave, yeah that zombie will keep following you until you fry it on the church doors. But imo hard is good.

5 sounds like a pc or internet provider issue, game ran smooth for me on my mid range pc, never had a crash, the servers were really good no lag problems. You do need a better pc than for the likes of eq2 and wow, tsw is a much more technically advanced game. I'm suprised you had worse performance than swtor though, that runs terrible for me with more than 10 people on screen.

2 I agree with, 4 also to a degree, although you do get a lot of options in how you dress your character as you play.

I never said anything about hardware performance issue but i was talking about latency and server disconnects and freezes caused by high latency. I get constant FPS of 40 in game which is quite good.

If i was alone suffering from this problem i woudl call my internet provider asap  but when after 5 to 6 seconds of freeze suddenyl the general chat looks like this..

Player 1; LAGGGGGGG

Also the zombie i am talking about is specificaly related to End Of Days event and not the one related to cursed talisman. it stops spawnig once you kill it and pick up it remains but problem is that it is red to new players.

I really felt that i was being trolled by FC when that red zombies killed me in 4 hits as soon as i got in Kingsmouth feeling all tough and  cocky with biceps flexing out of my sleevless top.

So becuase YOU get lag and lots of DC's that means we ALL get them, is that correct?

I have suffered 2 disconnects in the months of playing TSW, lag has been non existant, I'm not denying ppl suffer from Disconnects or lag but members from my multi gaming guild complain about the exact same issues in WoW which this week suffered a 12hr issue that prevented nearly all of the EU from entering the game, and there was some pretty pissed off ppl I can tell you.

As for exploits well you gotta be some kind of idiot to think a forum won't delete any thread that mentions them, wether to explain how they work or that they exist, your advertising the fact there is an exploit out there to those that are eager to abuse the game, you report the game in-game via the ticket system if you come across a problem, you don't go and tell the whole world on the open forums.

My whole guild dropped this game because the lag has become unbearable since the last patch (that was before the B2P influx). Lets not pretend it doesnt exist.  Before the patch, ran smoothly at max settings. After the patch, runs like an old film at minimum settings with massive lag spikes every minute or so. The only way I can play is by speccing as a tank and hoping the lag isnt long enough to kill me. Dungeons became impossible.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I wouldn't say it's a mess, but it still is an unpolished game, which is why it failed. Not because it's so smart and hardcore. My opinion of TSW is a bit more positive, but I still agree with your criticism.

Putting those Mayan mobs in Kingsmouth was a really stupid decision. It's surprisingly unprofessional.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Basically the OP has no clue and should stick to WOW, there I said it.

Summing up a whole game on a one time event and one of the three pvp games is just bad.

If you really did your research before playing like you said, would have known TSW's strong area was the story arc and PVE mission.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Mulli
    So, you'll have no compunction in changing the title of your thread from the melodramatic one that it is to something like "this game appears to be a mess" or "in my opinion, this game is a mess"?

I find this useful when trying to write opinion pieces: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Prime

Some scholars advocate using E-Prime as a device to clarify thinking and strengthen writing. For example, the sentence "the film was good" could translate into E-Prime as "I liked the film" or as "the film made me laugh". The E-Prime versions communicate the speaker's experience rather than judgment, making it harder for the writer or reader to confuse opinion with fact.

Emphasis, mine.

As for the exploit, yes, I agree, it's rife. I petitioned a GM and their response was "we're aware of it, we're looking into it and I can't comment on whether it is considered an exploit at this time, though if you are consider participating in this actibity I would recommend erring on the side of caution" - good enough for me. I hope they come down hard on those using it.

I was under impression that whatever you write as a review, preview or first impression on these forums is nothing more than your opinions based on your own personal experince in the game? do i really have to insert IMO everywhere? honest question.

Also i think to be melodramatic i would have to come up with a review like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Player 1; LAGGGGGGG

No you are not correct. What i wrote in OP is my own personal experince and  what i read and saw in general chat as well as the game experince of those with whom i have been running dungeons. Nowhere even once i mentioned that 'all' get them. Your own words not mine. But did i see a lot of players talking about it and suffering from lag, disconnects? yes.

Also i don't see any reason of hostility. You calling me an idiot..even though i never posted any  thing about exploit on forums however i did see them disappearing very fast. Good players trying to bring up the issue so that it gets fixed nothing more. Only idiots are those who are exploiting the event.

I suggest read my OP again properly so that we are atleast on same page for further discussion.

Emphasis, mine.

so the OF A NEW PLAYER bit wasnt enough to specify it was one opinion, his?  lol....................

Player 1; LAGGGGGGG

Emphasis, mine.

I was under impression that whatever you write as a review, preview or first impression on these forums is nothing more than your opinions based on your own personal experince in the game? do i really have to insert IMO everywhere? honest question.

Also i think to be melodramatic i would have to come up with a review like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA

Fair point and my honest answer is; I'd love it if that were the case, but the number of opinion pieces stated as fact on these forums is beyond the pale. It never hurts to emphasise that one is being purely subjective and in no way stating opinion as hard fact. Your link is the perfect example (if you take the original "review" in this context).

-snip-

so the OF A NEW PLAYER bit wasnt enough to specify it was one opinion, his?  lol....................

Not when started with a thread title that cites opinion as fact ("This game is a mess!"), no.

edit: to clarify, I play the game, I enjoy the game and for the most part, I agree with most of the OPs points. If my comment comes across as an attack, it isn't. I just find it frustrating on these forums to see so many threads for so many games with mediapathic titles that, deliberately or not (and I'm pretty sure in this case, it wasn't deliberate) cast an overly negative or positive light on a game by their tone.

OP you should have read up about the game first.  As many of your issues are not issues to others (I couldn't care less about "events" or PvP or pretty character customization).  I find the setting, interesting quests and freedom to make my own class much more important than a pretty character or seasonal events.  To bad you didn't read up about the game first or you would have realized that PvP was going to be REALLY difficult to balance with this type of skill wheel setup and likely that PvP would suffer.  Luckily you didn't spend much on it and can move on without much thought.

Your system issues definitely are not something I've experienced.

yeah he should have read more about the game to see its one you like.  ooooook lol.  or did you mean read to see funcom failed to add and fix pvp?  or both lol.  and of course because mardukk claims no performance issues experienced then the game has none...heh

Do I have type it in caps that PvP isn't a strength of the game?  Maybe if you lived in a cave you would not have heard that PvP isn't this game's strength and you shouldn't purchase the game for PvP reasons only.  For the love of god people look around and do the smallest bit of research before purchasing a game.  I'm trying really hard to find some sympathy for OP but I just can't muster it.

OP why do you care if someone exploits an event?  Does this game have viable PvP or open world PvP....no.  So why the hell would you let that ruin your entire game experience?  

Because you are having issues doesn't make this game a complete fail as you are in the extreme minority with lag/system issues.

That is an odd question. Maybe because i don't like game exploits and it is deterrent and discouraging for those who want to win this compeition in a legit way? if you read my OP this one was just one of the many issues and not the only one which hampered my game experince. I can only imagine how all the MMOS would turn out to be if the player base stops caring about exploits.

However, i never said game is a complete failure. You are doing it again...trying to put words in my mouth. What i said was that i realised why TSW failed (past tense) as a P2P model. And i even said that in order to be a long lasting success this time FC needs to be lot more aggressive in their approach.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

-snip-

Not when started with a thread title that cites opinion as fact ("This game is a mess!"), no.

or that was in fact his impression? 

-snip-

In which case, my first post still stands. There should be no issue with it being changed to "in my experience, this game is a mess"? Yes? No?

Fair point and my honest answer is; I'd love it if that were the case, but the number of opinion pieces stated as fact on these forums is beyond the pale. It never hurts to emphasise that one is being purely subjective and in no way stating opinion as hard fact. Your link is the perfect example (if you take the original "review" in this context).

Well my apologies that i am not too faimlar with the status quo of these forums when it comes to giving a review or first impression.  Because  by default such articles are suppossed to be a personal opinion unless it claims to speak on behalf of entire playerbase.

So nope no where i stated  that 'game is a mess' as a fact but you and others are free to interpret title in any manner you like. It is a free world after all.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

No apology needed. As I edited above, for the most part I agree with your points (and again, I hope the exploiters burn...) - I'm sorry your experience of the game wasn't as you'd hoped. In fact, my apologies for derailling your thread slightly.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Well my apologies that i am not too faimlar with the status quo of these forums when it comes to giving a review or first impression.  Because  by default such articles are suppossed to be a personal opinion unless it claims to speak on behalf of entire playerbase.

So nope no where i stated  that 'game is a mess' as a fact but you and others are free to interpret title in any manner you like. It is a free world after all.

The only thing I would say is that if your goal is to communicate, the clarity of your message, whatever it is, is very important. If what you are stating is an opinion, or an impression, the wording you use should convey that message throughout your article. Otherwise many of the responses will be what we've seen in this thread. Stating "the game is a mess" is not the same as stating "the game feels like a mess".

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

-snip-

In which case, my first post still stands. There should be no issue with it being changed to "in my experience, this game is a mess"? Yes? No?

no reason to do so as it is already easy to understand (except to some) from the part in parantheses in the title that it is one impression. 

i dont see where he claimed it was fact for everyone though i am not psychic and cannot see into your imagination which may be why

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

After reading the praise from critics and player base i decided to give it a go. I got the game for 20 buck and was very excited. I mean two quality B2P games and holiday season..what could go wrong right?I have been playing it only for sometimes so my impression is from point of view of someone who is fairly new to the game. But the more i played the more i started to realise why this game went to B2P and  failed as a P2P MMO.At first i thought that maybe  it is because of its complex gameplay and niche settings but i think problems are lot more deep rooted. And its 'niche' nature is just used to cover up the real issues I will go through these issues one by one which really spoiled the game experince for me. 1.) The 'End OF Days' Event.What does this event rewards to its players?The top 1000 players will receive a unique title, Hero of Ages, so their contribution to the world may be remembered for all time. The top 100 players will also receive the exclusive Hatchling pet, a young ak'ab flown straight from the abyss to your side! This may be your only chance to ever own one of these soulless chittering creatures!Good compeition on paper but fails completely when put into practise. Thanks to slow reponse by the dev team, this event even though ending on 7th Jan has been exploited from day one. Now since i can not mention the exploit openly and many TSW players are already aware of it, it is sad state of affairs that it has been allowed to continue without any strict action from FC.What is even more interesting is that any topic regarding this exploit of farming 'mayans' is immediately removed from forums which in beginning gave a false impression that dev team will crackdown on this exploit and those who are using this exploit. I as a new player though wasn't aware of it and when i questioned the tactics in general chat i was told to 'shove it' and 'mind my own business'. However,  once the final results come up for this event and you see list of top 100 players, it would be hard to take their win seriously. Not saying all 100players exploited but how can you really tell? Moving on to next issue of this poorly thought out  event.Random spawns of zombies much higher than your level. When i just started playing i entered kingsmouth and immediately got attacked by a zombie which was red to me. As expected i died quite quickly. I inquired about this in general chat and i was told that this zombie will continue to attack me till i kill it and pick up its remains. I asked for help in general several times but i got no help so decided to continue playing. I got jumped by this zombie several times in middle of fighting other mobs and i died many many times that day. I decided to take break in frustration and give it another go next day.Next day after several hours i managed to find help of a high level player to kill it and pick up remains. The attacks by aggressive zombie stopped.As i thought it was the end of it, i started getting zombie spawns right on top of me (non aggro) while fighting other mobs. And it happens so fast that before you reliase that you hit that non aggro zombie you are dead.And all this in starter zone.where new players are just starting to learn the game.But i kept it together (i am avery patient man) and continued to play. As i got half way through Kingsmouth i realised i can join Fusang. (how exciting!!) 2.)  Fusang PVPI am an illuminatti player and had no idea that i joined  faction which owns Fusang in Group C  24 hours a day. Yes 24 hours constant farming of white marks for PVP gear. And how it is done?Join Fusang (queue time is anywhere between 40 minutes to one hour), rush towards a facility, stand in there afk as you get your 3000 White Marks, leave fusang, convert them to Black Marks, rejoin queue..rinse and repeat.On ocassion if you get 4 or 5 payers from Templars or Dragons zerg them with 15 players and camp their spawn point. This is the state of PVP in Group C. I have heared that same situation exists in Group A only difference is that Templars own Fusang 24 hours a day.Because of this imbalance, Templars in Group A and illuminati in group C are geared to the teeth in 10.4 which leaves other factions in their groups with no fighting chance.There is no buff for under dogs and at most you can get is 2 or 4 white marks in 3 minutes where as the over populated faction can farm upto 140 marks in 3 minutes. 3.) Error; 'Disconnected from community server' ;Every 30 minutes to one hour you get kicked out of Fusang, raid groups and Market goes down. During this period all community functions are unavilable. This usually lasts for 10 minutes and you have to rejoin PVP queues and reform your raid groups just to fall apart again after an hour or so.This has been happening since the day patch 1.5 was launched. So far the reasponse has been that 'devs are also human beings and they need off time in holidays'. So this will get fixed once dev team is back from holidays.Fair enough. I mean if my MMO is a huge succes i would also go take long extended  holidays..what is there to worry about right? 4.) Character CustomizationI know this must have been talked about many many times before. But since i am a new player i just can not get over the hideous faces that i get to choose while making my character. No other MMO has put me off so badly on character creation screen before.Considering the 'modern day' settings of the game i find it really un settling that all players are blessed with perfect and chiseled physique.  There is no place for various body sizes in modern world and some magic pill has transformed eveyone into these models right out of an episode of Bay Watch but.... with very hedious faces. There is a plastic surgeon in New York but even that poor guy can not fix the faces which look like as if hit by a bus. 5.) Lag and game freezes.Horrible lag, constant server disconnects and game freezes is a part of daily life in TSW now.Regarding which i was told by other players that even though FC opened the doors to more players with B2P model they forgot to upgrade their servers which is causing major performance issues for the players. At first i though that maybe it is my internet connection. So i fired up all other MMOS that i could like GW2, SWTOR, STO, EQ2 etc.All these MMOS ran without any problems and latency was normal. But as i got back into TSW, i started getting very high latency, game would just freeze randomly and disconnect from server along with all other players in my group making dungeon runs almost impossible. Despite all these problems is there a fun game hidden in there somewhere? yes maybe  but as a new player i have come to the conclusion that in its current state regardless of cheap box price, i value my sanity a lot more.The story, atmosphere, cut scenes, skill wheel all are very interesting and top notch and game can be fun when it works. Sadly it works for vey little in its current state.I believe that the poor support by FC and delayed and slow fixes is the reason that caused it to be a failure as P2P MMO and not its complex game design or niche settings. And if FC wants it to be a long lasting success this time in my opinion they really really need to be more aggressive.

75% of your agreement is technical issues. Which, may or may not be apart of your own.

Now i'm not blatantly going to say the game is 'golden' but it does offer a refuge for people which would like something "different"

Personally, I think the dungeons in tsw really are the best in the industry. Features like the dungeons is what led the march to the "critically acclaimed' comments by 'reviewers'

so it is deserving of praise.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Nitth

75% of your agreement is technical issues. Which, may or may not be apart of your own.

Now i'm not blatantly going to say the game is 'golden' but it does offer a refuge for people which would like something "different"

Personally, I think the dungeons in tsw really are the best in the industry. Features like the dungeons is what led the march to the "critically acclaimed' comments by 'reviewers'

so it is deserving of praise.

Question. I bought the game but haven't been able to get into it much yet. But I've read a lot of people saying this that they have "the best dungeons". Could you elaborate? I haven't seen anywhere someone give examples as to why.

Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Nitth    
      75% of your agreement is technical issues. Which, may or may not be apart of your own. Now i'm not blatantly going to say the game is 'golden' but it does offer a refuge for people which would like something "different" Personally, I think the dungeons in tsw really are the best in the industry. Features like the dungeons is what led the march to the "critically acclaimed' comments by 'reviewers' so it is deserving of praise.
    Question. I bought the game but haven't been able to get into it much yet. But I've read a lot of people saying this that they have "the best dungeons". Could you elaborate? I haven't seen anywhere someone give examples as to why.

To sum it up for me, I get the feeling back like when i played megaman and such on the ness. "they cant seriously expect us to do 'this', i must be doing something wrong"

In fact your not, They are challenging dungeons and its so liberating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NWoIHdckY

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

The common phrase associated with this game is that "it's not for everyone". Well there's nothing wrong with that, mmo's need  variety.

The problem occurs when not for everyone translates to not for very many. And with the monthly sub model that's what it turned out to be.

Going ftp doesn't change the nature of the game, it possibly makes the weaknesses a little more palatable wth no monthly sub. But that's all. Nothing changes for players who didn't like the original game, they are hardly likely to return and swallow their dislike purely for the absence of a fee - there are several other ftp options out there for them.

TSW was not a standard mainstream game, yet the fee model was based on mainstream numbers playing it - didn't happen.

For anyone thinking about giving this a try - do your research first to avoid disappointment, or to find out that it is in fact the game for you.

Originally posted by JudgeUK
    The common phrase associated with this game is that "it's not for everyone". Well there's nothing wrong with that, mmo's need  variety.

The problem occurs when not for everyone translates to not for very many. And with the monthly sub model that's what it turned out to be.

Going ftp doesn't change the nature of the game, it possibly makes the weaknesses a little more palatable wth no monthly sub. But that's all. Nothing changes for players who didn't like the original game, they are hardly likely to return and swallow their dislike purely for the absence of a fee - there are several other ftp options out there for them.

TSW was not a standard mainstream game, yet the fee model was based on mainstream numbers playing it - didn't happen.

For anyone thinking about giving this a try - do your research first to avoid disappointment, or to find out that it is in fact the game for you.

The thing to really remember here is taht tsw was modest in its approtch and was only desiring 500k subscribers at the start.

People on these boards always say "why do companies always shoot for wow numbers" well this company didnt, and they unperformed.

What does this prove? Shoot for wow numbers and hit a realistic target higher than a modest approach. - turn out cheap generic crap and you can estimate the trend of "highsub sudden drop off" with a large amount of certainty.

Perfect for ploting a 'safe' profit margin.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I rolled a new character just after B2P was announced, also after The End Of Days event had begun. I managed to kill the first spawn of the mob before I reached Kingsmouth, OP did you aggro someone else's spawn? The spawns are 'level' appropriate. In fact I didn't know that accepting the mission that starts would stop the spawns, had to kill a couple of them before I sussed that out.

Lag - I don't get any at all, playing from the UK on Arcadia server. There are definitely, and always have been, problems with chat and the latest community server drop outs are probably related, the system just doesn't work as it should. Aside from that my gaming experience has been smooth, full of rich storyline, challenge and fun, certainly not a mess.

I don't PvP in TSW so no comment on that one.

Originally posted by EvilGeek
    I rolled a new character just after B2P was announced, also after The End Of Days event had begun. I managed to kill the first spawn of the mob before I reached Kingsmouth, OP did you aggro someone else's spawn? The spawns are 'level' appropriate. In fact I didn't know that accepting the mission that starts would stop the spawns, had to kill a couple of them before I sussed that out.

They get more difficult the more you kill until their "raid boss" material.

• Smitt3kSmitt3k Member Posts: 21
    I just picked up TSW. I gotta say I am pretty happy with the game. While it might still be lacking a little bit of polish here and there they have come a long way with it since pre-launch, the last time I played the game.