Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me or...

after almost 6 years this game still has the BEST landscapes and one of the most beautiful and impressive graphics of any MMO in the market? It's just mind blowing.

I've just come back from a break that I've spent playing games like SWTOR, TSW and GW2, and seriously, none of them offers what this game in terms of visual quality. And you don't need to reach the new expansion zones to check what I'm talking about. Just running around the Shire or Bree is enough to see that.

Now if they only updated the character animations...

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

After I read your first paragraph, I immediately thought exactly what you wrote at the end of your post.

Beautiful world, crappy animations.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Adelbert

Now if they only updated the character animations...

Yeah no kidding!  Was watching videos of people playing Asheron's Call 2 yesterday and was thinking, how did Turbine make their characters look and move so much better with this older tech for its time, yet with LOTRO they suck....heh 

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    agreed..the character models are what lets it down a little bit but i dont let that stop me from playing this game.love the mounted combat as well..not many games have that so its nice to get on horseback and wipe the floor with Bugud on a daily basis and Kramp
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Not just you :) LotRO is still looking amazing due to the graphic updates (with the exception of changing / revamping the hobbit npc's in the Shire, I loved the previous ones better). Also worth to mention it runs pretty well with everything maxed out on older pc's too.

On the other hand, I think you're not correct with the rest. True, TOR looks a little bland even with everything's maxed out, but it's still on par with LotRO. I don't play GW2, but when I tried out I found it's graphics stunning (again, with everything is on max.) I admit it was a bit too "shiny" for me on some places, had that unique korean look, but even that suited the game well. And Divinity's Reach looked... wow. If I ever go back, I'll just stroll around the city for hours :)

And for TSW, if you have a good GeForce with the latest drivers, I think TSW has the best graphics out there, hands down. I love the Shire more just like you, but visually TSW is almost like a new level in mmo's...

Edit: my first post here on mmorpg was an entry for a LotRO screenshot competiton, with this Shire image:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8461/shirem.jpg

and I think it was made with my previous gear, so not even a fully maxed settings... Shire forever :)

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

true true, lotro looks still awesome.

also true, it leaks char animations ^^

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Character animation and gear asthetics are the biggest let down for this game, male characters always looked ....erm camp for a better word, specificly those in cloth.