Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Opening Cinematic Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The ArcheAge Korean open beta kicked off earlier this week. To celebrate, the team released the opening cinematic to which players are treated. The question remains: What do they see behind the door? Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IrylIryl Member Posts: 15
    That's what you call a cinematic! It looks amazing, really interested in this game in general.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    These kind of cinematics make me wish they would make a film as well as an mmo
  • DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60
    Man thats what I'm talkin' 'bout. Some good ole worthwhile visceral entertainment. Hooray!
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Man I can't wait for AA to be released for the rest of us!
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by JudgeUK
    These kind of cinematics make me wish they would make a film as well as an mmo

I dunno, a film generally needs a plot.  What the hell was going on there?

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Please just translate this thing and release in the west!!!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I still think that CGI intros are a gigantic waste of money. If a product is superb, it will not need such marketing tools.

I watched the CGI. I have no idea what was going on in there.

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    What is going on in the trailer? who are the people? why are they fighting? where are they going? 
  • imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104
    I'm eager for this game coming in english in EU / US but i allways hated those stupid manga-ish faces and idiotic exagerations of "hate" and overplayed defiance in face lines koreans like to put in their characters, thinking it makes them look "manly" when these facial expressions are pathetic and childish at best.
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Wasted efforts, if they don't start translating and targeting the western markets now aswell.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115

I do not really care why, who or where going.

Someone wants a fight? works for me

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    It was nice, but I would rather see cut scenes use in-game graphics than pre-rendered CG. I've always hated false advertising when it comes to box art and CG cut scenes.
  • thegnthegn Member Posts: 3
    These toons are way too emo looking.  Looks like they would have trouble walking to the corner store in my neighberhood. A little more grit please.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by thegn
    These toons are way too emo looking.  Looks like they would have trouble walking to the corner store in my neighberhood. A little more grit please.

You know this game was developed in Korea not the slums of New York right?

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I look forward to the game and hope it's finally the sandbox mmo I've been waiting for...but CGIs don't ever impress me. Ingame footage in trailers is what sells an mmorpg for me.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• thegnthegn Member Posts: 3
    Just my preference I guess.  Hard to play a hardbitten and weathered warrior if you look like you might start crying at any moment.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Just my preference I guess.  Hard to play a hardbitten and weathered warrior if you look like you might start crying at any moment.

Hah that made me lol

There is some hope - I really liked the character models for humans in TERA for example, that was/is a Korean made MMO and the males could look either very emo or quite "hardbitten" and rough.

I hope AA has a really great character customization system that allows you to make more than just emo tweens.

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    there is a word for this kinda film. Its called FLUFF.Sad how people fall for FLUFF
  • FurankuFuranku Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Very well done.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Hah that made me lol

There is some hope - I really liked the character models for humans in TERA for example, that was/is a Korean made MMO and the males could look either very emo or quite "hardbitten" and rough.

I hope AA has a really great character customization system that allows you to make more than just emo tweens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqtd2hKKQbE

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Ok now, wheres the explanation for the plot of this video?

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• LoganthirLoganthir Member UncommonPosts: 17

All i see is:

1) A group of Adventurers found something time ago.

2) Some time later, 3 of them fight for something (to get what they found?), and the girl use her power to move her people to protect them.

I don't know the plot of ArcheAge, but this is what i see.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Interesting, I have no clue what was going on but interesting.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

lol +1!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

The game will not look that good if it is CGI cinematic. I would like better if they used in-game graphics for cinematics. Blizzard makes great cinematics, remember the D3 intro movie? But the game looks totally different.

Would like to see actual in game footage not this canned video.