Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Makeb expansion gets extra gay NPCs

So according to the State of the game letter here, Makeb will have gay NPCs to flirt with and go to the black screen

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

Have to say the lilac picture header fits perfectly for this news.

Finally this game reaches its full twisted potential and true destiny. 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Comments

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182

Ehh?

Neither, and why even include disgusting, perverted or wrong as options? It's not necessary and basically nothing to even put focus on. It's just like heterosexual, why care?

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    You forgot an option in your poll:   "Who gives a sh**"   
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    I was going to ignore this thread, but since someone answered, what the hell are those options you have included?? This is a non-issue. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Smells like a homophobe fishing for homophobic reactions.

Am i wrong?

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by timtrack

Smells like a homophobe fishing for homophobic reactions.

Am i wrong?

Agreed.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Time for my son to find a new game.. I didn't really want him playing this shit game anyways ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Yeah, wheres the "I don't care" option. 
  • MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by rawfox

[mod edit]

but advertising murder and killing is ok, because thats what all games are about... 

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

I'm straight, but I do feel that my gay friends would not be too happy about those highly loaded poll options. Options like "I agree with their stance on this issue", "I disagree with their stance on this issue" and "I don't mind either way" would work a lot better without making the OP seem like a homophobic jerk.

'sides, Bioware games have had homossexual options for quite a while, so why should SWTOR be any different?

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Oh boy, here we go again. I predict this thread will have 300 replies within a day and then the mods shut it down because of the overwhelming bigotry and namecalling.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Not very good choice selections for the poll, so I didn't vote.

I'm not uncomfortable with the addition.  Sounds kind of mild to be honest.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Really who cares, its the 21st century not the middle ages.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Really who cares, its the 21st century not the middle ages.

It does not matter.  People dont want to play a GAY game that feel being GAY is wrong.  You are not going to change that nothing ever will. 

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Can't be arsed to even type a response or Vote....

When's is the price of bacon gonna come down?.. I miss bacon! ...Yeah Tasty Bacon :)

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

Haha, well, what can you say?

I mean, the whole idea of romancing your AI companion is SO pathetic in the first place and it suprises me that it wasnt cancelled in some moment of lucidity.

But no, now they take it another step along the stupidity line and give us this crap.

Its clear that BW really lost its bearings, which is no suprise by now.

I have no problems with player RP romancing, but your AI companion? Oh dear...

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

Haha, well, what can you say?

I mean, the whole idea of romancing your AI companion is SO pathetic in the first place and it suprises me that it wasnt cancelled in some moment of lucidity.

But no, now they take it another step along the stupidity line and give us this crap.

Its clear that BW really lost its bearings, which is no suprise by now.

I have no problems with player RP romancing, but your AI companion? Oh dear...

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Yep needs and I don't care.  You know gay people can't make you gay right. . . so you can just avoid those things. . also gay NPCs can't make your character gay. . unless you click on the wrong option.   I would not like that I guess.

Unless you want to you won't even see it.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    [mod edit]
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Those options... they are very homophobic

Personally I give zero fucks about it

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

I don't care for your bigoted poll. It promotes hate in an immature way. You intended to be sly by using three excessively negative responses(with the same meaning) and only one positive, thereby ensuring your own self centric view of the world would appear to be supported. It's ok to have a problem with homosexuality in this day and age, but it is NOT ok to post about it in a public forum for others to be offended by.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Gayness occurs in nature.

I grew up on a farm, we had male sheep that were more interested in other tupps than servicing the ewes. I also had a lesbian dog that when ever we tried to breed her went mental at dogs, but would often try and mount other bitches.

All this "not natural", "teaching kids to be gay" and "people choosing to be gay" nonsense is just that nonsense.

The reason you see more gay people today, is because thankfully we are more tolerant than we used to be (well in the west anyway), so more people come out of the closet rather than living in secret.
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Gayness occurs in nature.

I grew up on a farm, we had male sheep that were more interested in other tupps than servicing the ewes. I also had a lesbian dog that when ever we tried to breed her went mental at dogs, but would often try and mount other bitches.

All this "not natural", "teaching kids to be gay" and "people choosing to be gay" nonsense is just that nonsense.

The reason you see more gay people today, is because thankfully we are more tolerant than we used to be (well in the west anyway), so more people come out of the closet rather than living in secret.

All valid points, but why have any of us even been drawn into this discussion?  Just shut the thread down already.

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by danwest58
    [mod edit]

I support equal right for left handed midget albino eskimos and women. . does that make me one.

You won't see it.  It will be in their own cut scenes. . unless they add it to the joint missions.  Then people will pick it just to grief you :P

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Screw SGR! We need FMR! (flesh-machine romance)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Good to see that EA/Bioware are in touch with exactly what the game needs.  They sure have their priorities straight.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

This discussion has been closed.