Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hacking is very bad sadly

VoletekVoletek Member Posts: 13

I have been a paying Customer for some time becuse good games need the money to Improve. But my self and baout 90 others are about Done tell SOE gets there security issues fixed. there are aimbotters killing one person after another.  about 30 of us report the guy and see him the next night 15 levels higher and still doing it and now he is murging him self into a wall so he cant take damage and 2 shotting people left and right.

We take Video of this and send it in. they guy is still playing today. So for now many of the vets who really have fallen in love with this game are walking away.

Its my hope SOE gets this fixed. for now the game is not worth playing because of the Cheating that is being allowed.

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

I've stopped until something is done already.

But may I ask, how does playing a game that has been out a month make you a vet?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Things like this will kill a game. No one wants to play a game where hackers run rampant. I hope they wake up and police Planetside 2 properly.
  • StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    They won't, they have not banned players in their other games for hacking why should SOE ban anyone in Planetside 2. SOE just doesn't care about their customer base, they only care mostly about getting paid the money. I've spend only a day on Planetside 2 and spotted several hackers in just few minutes. Aimbotters, speed hackers, wallers, no clippers. It is sad that a good game went to waste.

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    good luck with that....until it effects their bottom line...don't expect much....
  • jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

Had a guy that was glitching and exploiting a biolab, to where he was somehow getting into the shielded aread under the biolab and then flying up to the ceiling(floor of the biolab dome).

once there was then able to shoot and kill players INSIDE the spawn room, as well as kill players and hack the SCU generator despite the shield around it still being up because he was hacking it from beneath the floor.

And the entire time he was mocking everyone in chat saying they were taking videos and screenshots and reporting him, as he said he has been doing it for weeks and nothing has happened to him.

This was not some small engagement, this was at least 40-50 players seeing and reporting this guy for a good hour.

SOE needs to really get their shit together.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    I dunno. I am br 28 without using a boost and I can count the number of varifiable hackers I have ran into on one hand. I truly feel that the majority of people calling "ZOMG HACKS!" are people whos ego will not let them admit that they got schooled, or they were having a bad day. Not saying that there aren't some people hacking or causing problems, there undoubtedly are, but I do not feel the problem is anywhere near as gamebreaking or widespread as this thread and many others are making it out to be.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    I dunno. I am br 28 without using a boost and I can count the number of varifiable hackers I have ran into on one hand. I truly feel that the majority of people calling "ZOMG HACKS!" are people whos ego will not let them admit that they got schooled, or they were having a bad day. Not saying that there aren't some people hacking or causing problems, there undoubtedly are, but I do not feel the problem is anywhere near as gamebreaking or widespread as this thread and many others are making it out to be.

agreed...

in a game as ambitious as PS2 (allowing such HUGE PvP battles on one map), there is inevitable clipping, warping, teleporting, and whatever else you'd like to call it. that doesn't mean there aren't hackers...because there are, certainly. but it is NOT as widespread as some would have people believe, nor is it gamebreaking. some issues are simply misinterpreted.

it is surely frustrating to get killed by someone who has broken the rules, but at this point it is offset by the sheer maginitude of the technological advance in this MMOFPS. Smedley (SOE) is actually working hard to limit the damage done by hackers/aimbots etc, but i am willing to give them a little time as the official launch was only 6 weeks ago. 

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Seriously why is this shocking people

The FPS genre has been forever ruined by wallhacks and aimbots and no game has yet effectively stopped it.

Do yourself a favor. The next time you see a FPS title even a MMOFPS with competitive PvP. Either accept that this is how it is or don't play FPS games, because it will never change. Even Steams SteamGuard is easy to circumvent

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Stalkerous
    They won't, they have not banned player in their other games for hacking why should SOE ban anyone in Planetside 2. SOE just doesn't care about their customer base, they only care mostly about getting paid the money. I've spend only a day on Planetside 2 and spotted several hackers in just few minutes. Aimbotters, speed hackers, wallers, no clippers. It is sad that a good game went to waste.

Ok, if SOE doesn't care about their player base, like you said, and all they care about is the money, like you said, then how do you expect them to MAKE any money? If they are alienating their customer base how are they supposed to make money?

These types of general flawed statements make zero sense.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

People hacking in a game like this are super-dickless, and need to get some therapy for that low self-esteem. 

When I get killed by an obvious hacker it's a non-moment. I just avoid them, or kill with mass weapons like the dalton or rockets. It doesn't really make me mad when they kill me because they are not playing the same game I am. I've only run into hackers a few times (BR 51), so it hasn't really been an issue.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    i just find it very sad that people has to cheat to win at video games, it just truly shows how pathetic and weak they really are.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

The sad part, is the better the game and more popular it is, the more cheaters will flock to it. i told people in beta how hacked up this game would be. i personally knew people who had hacks in beta and people on this forum called me a idiot and said it wasnt even possible because the game wasnt out yet. and SOE would find a way to stop them and this and that.

you cant stop the cheaters, especially in a free game like this. even if they banned them they would just make a new acount and keep cheating. they dont care if they get banned all they care about is having a high score and ruining others fun. sad isnt it? but thats how pathetic people are.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

agreed...

in a game as ambitious as PS2 (allowing such HUGE PvP battles on one map), there is inevitable clipping, warping, teleporting, and whatever else you'd like to call it. that doesn't mean there aren't hackers...because there are, certainly. but it is NOT as widespread as some would have people believe, nor is it gamebreaking. some issues are simply misinterpreted.

it is surely frustrating to get killed by someone who has broken the rules, but at this point it is offset by the sheer maginitude of the technological advance in this MMOFPS. Smedley (SOE) is actually working hard to limit the damage done by hackers/aimbots etc, but i am willing to give them a little time as the official launch was only 6 weeks ago. 

I've pumped a good few hours in to the game as well, and i can't say i'm demoralized by any hackers. Did i say hackers? I mean scrubs using applications built by hackers. We really shouldn't give them the courtesy of being called hackers, since they're in fact not. They're like those who face-rape someone who left their account loged in somewhere, and then say they hacked someone's facebook.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Slampig

Ok, if SOE doesn't care about their player base, like you said, and all they care about is the money, like you said, then how do you expect them to MAKE any money? If they are alienating their customer base how are they supposed to make money?

You've got absolutely no past experience with SOE, right? They buried every mmo they ever made with mismanagement and golddigging>customer relations.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I've encountered more hackers in gw2,wow and war.
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Slampig
    Originally posted by Stalkerous They won't, they have not banned player in their other games for hacking why should SOE ban anyone in Planetside 2. SOE just doesn't care about their customer base, they only care mostly about getting paid the money. I've spend only a day on Planetside 2 and spotted several hackers in just few minutes. Aimbotters, speed hackers, wallers, no clippers. It is sad that a good game went to waste.

Exactly. BTW, hacking issues are the primary reasons I haven't even downloaded this game.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by timtrack
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

agreed...

I've pumped a good few hours in to the game as well, and i can't say i'm demoralized by any hackers. Did i say hackers? I mean scrubs using applications built by hackers. We really shouldn't give them the courtesy of being called hackers, since they're in fact not. They're like those who face-rape someone who left their account loged in somewhere, and then say they hacked someone's facebook.

There are so many different custom hacks for PS it's almost impossible to know who created what.

People using a hack are hacking, while that does not mean they created the hack, they are still hackers for using it as opposed to making it.

Hacking is terrible in PS2 at the moment, for some odd reason the holiday break has seen this game become infested with the teleport hack, the one thats really easy to spot. As for othetr hacks such as the aimbot/wallhack who knows, they can turn them on and off instantly, impossible to tell if someone is using these hackls sparingly and almost impossible to prove.

The worst of it is anyone making a thread showing or linking to video's of PS hackers or even just talking about hacking get their thread deleted and get a warning from the forum mods.

While i can see the reasoning for those who name-and-shame they are doing this to anyone suggesting hacking occurs just recently. I wanted to link a video i saw today, but it's gone from the forums along with the three threads it was linked in....thankfully they can't censor youtube, so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zm23oHVLWE

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)