Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last played 6 months ago, anything i should know ?

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
I just came back and i'm completly lost, i think i would start over with a new char to relearn the game.  Is there anything i should know ?   Since i'm pretty much going solo, what class is the best for that ?

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

You'd best check the official forums for a less hateful set of responses. Still a great game, they've added a bunch of new content, the holiday events are superb... 

Hmm... for soloing? Well, I'm biased from the original Guild Wars. Mesmers can pretty much do anything and do it well enough, plus they're a blast to play. Literally... you can blast apart your clones for a variety of effects. It's my personal favorite.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    I just came back and i'm completly lost, i think i would start over with a new char to relearn the game.  Is there anything i should know ?   Since i'm pretty much going solo, what class is the best for that ?

My suggestion would be warrior. The warrior class is the most versatile due to the many useful weapons, has great survivability and soloability.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Elikal

My suggestion would be warrior. The warrior class is the most versatile due to the many useful weapons, has great survivability and soloability.

Another good choice... just remember that the heavy classes aren't meant to stand and take it... you still need to move and be aware, avoiding damage. You're as good at ranged as melee in GW2, don't be afraid to stick and move, pew from afar then close for some big hits, retreat.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

yur gonna have to start over since you last played during a beta weekend.  derp.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

I liked engineer. Pretty much all classes work for solo PvE, however you will hardly ever find yourself solo if you do DEs.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    The theif or the warrior are the two classes I've found easiest to solo with.  I haven't fully leveled a guardian, but I suspect that class would be very solo friendly too.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Game came out 4 months ago is the OP baiting with more hyperbole?

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Warrior, engineer, necro easiest I've found to solo up.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Guess you played beta? Guardian, Necro, Ranger, Elementalist that's my easiest order to 80. Engineer appears to be the most difficult for me atm (can't really get into the class).
  • NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Guess you played beta? Guardian, Necro, Ranger, Elementalist that's my easiest order to 80. Engineer appears to be the most difficult for me atm (can't really get into the class).

Im like that with the mesmer, tried 6 or 7 times just cant get to grips with it at all

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

I might give it a go again sooner and later. I haven't played it mostly because of my really busy schedule.

BTW with all that talk about "don't stand and taking it", I found this claim rather arguable. As long your gear is right level and you fight against few mobs, dodging is fun and whaever not but it doesn't make a huge difference. Automatic HP regeneration after fight takes as much time as the time you waste for dodging. Sad, but true.