Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] General: Bless: Uncovering the Enigmatic New Game

Comments

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    its asian style armor?
  • alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156

You have got to be kidding me?  MMORPG are doing articles on this game now and STILL haven't added it to their games list.  Take your time... no rush... only been like 6 months since its announcement and 2 months since its debut at gstar.

Anyways, the art syle and equipment style of this game kind of reminds me of FFXIV originally. 

I wonder what new stuff they were working on.  The gameplay vids they released looked kinda meh.

• ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247

I agree, it looks generic, but a game mustn't be innovative to be great, it's all about the execution and user feel when enjoying the end product.

If innovation was more important than execution Brink would be more popular than Call of Duty, every Blizzard game would have failed and Spellborn would still be online.

I don't care if it's the most generic MMO ever if it's just plain fun to play.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    they said medieval european setting...so its probably "tuned down asian armor"
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Looking at the videos I got the impression I already played MMOs like that, several times. No need for another one. Someone tell the devs that better gfx and story don't do it anymore plz.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Wait and see, don't preorder.
  • NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Another game to be ruined by Korean betatesters. The carebearism is strong in that culture.

• ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Beautiful well designed cities by the looks of it. Korean though, always puts me off.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Very nice graphics, but typical Korean gameplay after that.  Women stil have the ridiculous armor that exposes everything.  Lots of voice acting from the quest givers and guided game play. 

Great graphics do not make a great game.  Don't see this having much success in the west.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

@Ozmodan. I'm not defending the game but ignorance is anoying. Clearing not reading the part about real story driven game-play and quests and how important it is to them.

So maybe it's not going to be just graphics.

Looking forward to this one myself, the only downside is probably a late 2014 release.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

so is this going to be another grind fest free to play game?

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Gotta admit, the graphics are pretty darn breathtaking... doesn't look to be my cup o'tea, but I'm betting a lot of folks will get lots of enjoyment out of the game.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    "in korea". the words that make me stop care about an mmo :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Graphics are amazing. The rest looks generic. Look how popular TERA is if you think graphics are enough to make a game popular.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Game features open world housing and is more like say Fable RPG where the houses are already there in the world in the NPC towns/cities and players buy them from NPC's.

That right there is reason enough for me to follow this one - they are doing housing "right" - finally someone is.

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by dadante666
    some gameplay and cinematic dont thanks me

Look so much like tera online.

No pve options, point click, I will pass.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    looks like TERA.
  • Aren_DAren_D Member UncommonPosts: 92

Yea.... "Tab -> faceroll -> don't stand in fire" combat :( 

Maybe it has interesting customization,if belive what they say

And DAM it has awesome visuals

But yea, gonna keep aye on this one

"Don't argue with dick-heads, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Game features open world housing and is more like say Fable RPG where the houses are already there in the world in the NPC towns/cities and players buy them from NPC's.

That right there is reason enough for me to follow this one - they are doing housing "right" - finally someone is.

youre thinking of Black Deserts.

• kedarakedara Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I hope this isn't another tiny character 3rd person rpg. I've had enough of that from GW2. If it turns out anything like GW2, I will be thoroughly disappointed. The graphics are the same as everything else. Maybe they'll have a good skill system.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Cookie cutter mmo combat. Failing to raise the mast to the industry standard is probably going to sink this ship before it even leaves the docks.

If Black Desert and Bless launch around the same time, Black Desert will more than likely come out on top

@BadSpockA proper game + Friendly fire siege, thank god!

@Fanbois, Enjoy your WoWclone Not even an ounce of collision.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Their plan for going beyond what is possible is.. story driven missions?

lol wut

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    looks really interesting.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by coxyroxy

@Ozmodan. I'm not defending the game but ignorance is anoying. Clearing not reading the part about real story driven game-play and quests and how important it is to them.

So maybe it's not going to be just graphics.

Looking forward to this one myself, the only downside is probably a late 2014 release.

Well SWTOR was highly story driven, yet the game play in the end did not really work for players.  Nothing wrong with story driven, except that it makes the game very linear.  You have to do the same quests in the same sequence over and over again (if doing alts).  That is a definite negative for me.  I don't like being guided everywhere.  There is a large segment of people who like such, but of course most of those are playing Wow.  I don't know if the better graphics will be enough of an attraction.

When you get down to it, I did not see anything that made this that much different than any of the other similar games in this genre beyond the better graphics.  Of course, this game is a long way from release.  So we will just have to wait and see how the game is at release.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    The screenshots are gorgeous, however, I've yet to play a game from the East that I liked. I'm assuming it's from the East, since they're starting closed beta in Korea.