Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good game, but still some flaws

McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I am enjoying the game for the most part since I decided to give Aion a shot. The problem I am having though is there seems to be no way of preventing or reporting griefers who repeatedly "steal kills" by out-damaging a mob you are clearly attacking first.

I have had this happen a few times so far where I would be questing in an area, a higher level avatar would cruise by and kill everything in the area for an hour while following me and chanting "trolololol". 

Since it is clearly harassment at that point, I tried reporting it and going through the process suggested by the GMs only to be told that "its up to their discretion" on what the word harassment means and that they would not be punishing the player for following me around for an hour straight and killing anything I touched. 

*By the way here is a quote from Aion's number 1 rule of conduct in-game and on their forums:

"While playing Aion, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players."

It's too bad the server is not open pvp against your own faction. 

Comments

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Czanrei

I am enjoying the game for the most part since I decided to give Aion a shot. The problem I am having though is there seems to be no way of preventing or reporting griefers who repeatedly "steal kills" by out-damaging a mob you are clearly attacking first.

I have had this happen a few times so far where I would be questing in an area, a higher level avatar would cruise by and kill everything in the area for an hour while following me and chanting "trolololol". 

Since it is clearly harassment at that point, I tried reporting it and going through the process suggested by the GMs only to be told that "its up to their discretion" on what the word harassment means and that they would not be punishing the player for following me around for an hour straight and killing anything I touched. 

*By the way here is a quote from Aion's number 1 rule of conduct in-game and on their forums:

"While playing Aion, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players."

It's too bad the server is not open pvp against your own faction. 

amenimage

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112

Try changing channels or head to the Fast-Track server. In most locations (not in the Abyss) you can change channels and I believe there are 3, and I think 2-3 Fast-Track channels in addition.  Fast track is for level 1-55 (the max level is 60 for the game - until 4.0 and then it will become around 65).

There is another thing you can do - if they are hitting mobs, gather a bunch of aggro-mobs by running through them, pot as you run so you do not die > and then run past the idiot. If they are still hitting their mobs, regardless of their level, these aggro mobs will then attach > to them.

There are many ways to deal with players in your own faction being pains - this is one. The other I do, is simply run a enemy that rifted in > past them - stop - pause - then use the return skill - leaving them there, alone with the enemy.

(there are specific schedules when rifts open and they are in set places so.. yeah you can generally find enemy rifters in the same locations on maps).

If they are simply killing what you are, then lure them to > and past a boss.. Pot as you run so you can get close enough to run past or under it > so they follow.  You are going to die but > they will die too...  Andre in Eltnen is a fun one to zip past.

Have fun and the game is really a ton of fun.

Use your sense of humor and wit to deal with idiots... there are always... alternatives.

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Those idiots are the reason my friends and I stopped playing Aion soon after launch, this, the lack of PVE servers and PLAYER KILLERS!!!
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Elfahiar
    Those idiots are the reason my friends and I stopped playing Aion soon after launch, this, the lack of PVE servers and PLAYER KILLERS!!!

I'm glad they stuck to what it said on the box.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development