Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

small issue = bitter taste

2»

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

If it gives you the dialog of "are you sure you want to purchse this item" then they are justified but if it doesn't then yeah that sucks on their part for not having an exchange. WoW and even LOTRO had an exchange.

They both limited the number of exchanges on an account for 1 year so people couldn't continually bother the support team with the same problem. LOTRO had 3 if i recall.

Karma however is not difficult to get especially for the process of adding a new item. I would suggest that if you have three or four toons that you do their dailies everyday. you only need about 9 jugs to get a karma piece and if you'r in a guild it's lower then that when you apply the karma boost and then use the jugs so it doesn't take long at all really.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

To the OP:  It appears you are blaming customer support because you misclicked and bought the same item twice.    Customer support advised that they could not substitute items.   The opening post complained that customer service was, therefore, not up to expectations.

I had a similar situation.  My main is a Necro (Hounds of Balthazar FTW).  I had sufficient karma and went and bought an exotic shoulder piece.  It turns out that the piece I bought was designed for healers.  You know what I did, when I realized my mistake?   I said, "d'oh!" 

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Well, it is your mistake...

I haven't seen many games where you can make a mistake like that and get a refund. When it concerns cash shop items, that's possible but a karma reimbursement when you have to click a confirmation whether you're sure you want to make the exchange of 42k karma for the piece in question.

You just made a mistake, no reason to blame that on so-called lousy support, blame it on yourself and get over it.

I "made a mistake" in Warcraft and deleted a character with heirloom gear. Mind you, this is before they changed the game to not allow a character with heirloom gear on them to be deleted. 

I contacted blizzard support by email and within 42 mins, I had mail in the box containing the accidently deleted pieces with a nice note from support. They didn't "have" to get them back to me. It was completely my mistake. But they took the time (not much though lol) and got them back to me. I have been loyal from that point on. I'm not saying I'll play forever, but little things like that can go a LONG way with players. 

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Imo, they should add enough mechanics to the game so customers can solve such issues alone without ever needing to contact support. Leave support for pressing issues like account recovery. Ofc, ANet is at fault for not implementing such features right from the start. You have to protect customers from themselves (like a buyback option).
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Blizzard gives every item a 2 hour grace period to sell back to the vendor to get a full refund. ANet should add that capability to this game to avoid tickets like this from being created.

This is a great solution.  This should be a standard not a special feature.

Agreed. This would solve the issue completely.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

While I agree that there should be some form of buy-back option, the fact remains that you're not really out of luck. What you have now is a back-up piece of armor with a set of statistics you can t-stone over onto any other look you may prefer. Just think... you can be running around in exotic stat armor yet looking like you're wearing something dropped in the starter zones. 

Not really compensation, but just a thought on how you can have some fun with this error. You can also always salvage it for some ectos.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Blizzard gives every item a 2 hour grace period to sell back to the vendor to get a full refund. ANet should add that capability to this game to avoid tickets like this from being created.

This actually would be a nice option. Perhaps people need to mention this in the suggestion forums for GW2?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by coretex666

It may be the OP's mistake that they clicked on a wrong item, but the customer support should help them address and solve such mistake. Thing like this can happen to anyone and ANET should be prepared for that either by implementing ingame mechanisms or sufficient customer support.

I am not a big fan of F2P games, so that I am not sure what the customer support in other F2P titles is (I assume on a similar level), but in every P2P title I have played, they would solve this for you.

Maybe I am just spoiled by Blizz customer support the quality of which makes me smile when I hear that ANET cant solve this minor issue.

You are lucky that it is an item which you can get by 3 day grind, but imagine if it was an item which you get after a month grind or something. I can imagine it would be a deal breaker for many people.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that an individual should be responsible for their own mistakes.  In these days with so many people suffering from entitlement issues, it's hard for companies to combat the fact that people want everything and yet want to pay nothing.

I end up dealing with customers consistantly that feel they deserve a certain level of service, and if you provide that level of service than they will feel you should provide a greater level of service yet.  Unfortunately, the only way to deal with these types of people is to stop provided any service at all.  To pleasantly ask them to take their business elsewhere.  There is a type of person that chooses to exploit goodwill and decency, and these people ruin fair practices in business.  We've seen the people that played GW2 for hundreds of hours then asked for a refund. These people ruin it for everyone else.  We seen people that feel it's appropriate to hand out the corporate phone numbers on these forums so that people will call them for techinical support. Those people ruin it for everyone else. 

So yeah, you and the OP might think that Anet should be providing better customer service, but I am to the belief that if you can't control your own actions, nobody else is responsible at all. I beleive that Anet SHOULD NOT offer support for these problems at all. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

P.S. Last question: any idea why it calls Guild Wars 2?

Because it's the sequel to Guild Wars?

Be careful with those clicks ;) they can be costly.  But it's no fault of the game really. It just sucks when it happens.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I can understand GM's not being able to make an adjustment, however I know for a fact they could program an item in the game for one time use and set it to 42k as long as they get confirmation you destroy your wrongful purchase. It would take like 15 minutes to program. I just find it hard to believe that they would be so unwilling to help.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by Praetalus

This actually would be a nice option. Perhaps people need to mention this in the suggestion forums for GW2?

honestly, this is such a basic feature in so many games - even SW;TOR has it, crazy people eh, just think of the goodwill Arenanet could generate just by adding basic features, and it would mean that the CSR's wouldnt have to deal with issues relating to accidental purchases. The best way to solve problems, is often avoiding them altogether. image

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by eyelolled

It may be the OP's mistake that they clicked on a wrong item, but the customer support should help them address and solve such mistake. Thing like this can happen to anyone and ANET should be prepared for that either by implementing ingame mechanisms or sufficient customer support.

I am not a big fan of F2P games, so that I am not sure what the customer support in other F2P titles is (I assume on a similar level), but in every P2P title I have played, they would solve this for you.

Maybe I am just spoiled by Blizz customer support the quality of which makes me smile when I hear that ANET cant solve this minor issue.

You are lucky that it is an item which you can get by 3 day grind, but imagine if it was an item which you get after a month grind or something. I can imagine it would be a deal breaker for many people.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that an individual should be responsible for their own mistakes.  In these days with so many people suffering from entitlement issues, it's hard for companies to combat the fact that people want everything and yet want to pay nothing.

I end up dealing with customers consistantly that feel they deserve a certain level of service, and if you provide that level of service than they will feel you should provide a greater level of service yet.  Unfortunately, the only way to deal with these types of people is to stop provided any service at all.  To pleasantly ask them to take their business elsewhere.  There is a type of person that chooses to exploit goodwill and decency, and these people ruin fair practices in business.  We've seen the people that played GW2 for hundreds of hours then asked for a refund. These people ruin it for everyone else.  We seen people that feel it's appropriate to hand out the corporate phone numbers on these forums so that people will call them for techinical support. Those people ruin it for everyone else. 

So yeah, you and the OP might think that Anet should be providing better customer service, but I am to the belief that if you can't control your own actions, nobody else is responsible at all. I beleive that Anet SHOULD NOT offer support for these problems at all. 

Asking for a refund after using a product for months is a different thing. I obviously would not advocate that kind of behavior.

I just put it in comparison with customer services offered by other companies. To me, this level of customer services is simply below average in the MMO market. I did mention that I do not play F2P titles, so that it may be related to the fact that GW does not have a subscription and this level of customer services may be average or even above average in F2P league.

I understand there have to be limits set on what the customer is entitled to, but this particular example does not seem to be over the line at all.

I'm not implying that you are advocating such behavior, and I'm not implying the OP is crossing the line for requests. I feel that it is reasonable and a good suggestion to offer an option for buyback as others have suggested. 

What I am saying is that Anet  "could" do something like that but they don't have to. I'm saying that people suggesting that Anet is a poor developer because they don't put out efforts to fix people's problems that the person brought onto themselves, is a poor perspective. I'm suggesting that the people that abuse the system in one perspective, end up ruining the whole deal for everyone else that might want better support for things.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by eyelolled

I'm not implying that you are advocating such behavior, and I'm not implying the OP is crossing the line for requests. I feel that it is reasonable and a good suggestion to offer an option for buyback as others have suggested. 

What I am saying is that Anet  "could" do something like that but they don't have to. I'm saying that people suggesting that Anet is a poor developer because they don't put out efforts to fix people's problems that the person brought onto themselves, is a poor perspective. I'm suggesting that the people that abuse the system in one perspective, end up ruining the whole deal for everyone else that might want better support for things.

That is so...suggestive *wink*

Honestly, I don't think this really deserved it's own post.  It's not something to get too upset over.  Someone makes a mistake, they don't check what they are buying and then actually contact customer service?  Like someone else said that would never have crossed my mind.   Accidental character deletion sure, although I don't even see how a person could accidentally delete a character with gear on it they worked their butt off to get.  Usually you actually have to type in DELETE to do it.

But like everyone else I agree adding a buyback/sellback option to merchants for a limited time is certainly a fair and balanced thing to do.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    never had a story like that with Anet, however i can tell you something epic Blizzard did to me.  I asked them if they could restore a character i had deleted years ago.  I was not expecting anything but guess what, less than an hour ago my character was back !   Now that's service.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by romanator0

So ArenaNet disappoints you and has bad support because you made a mistake and spent your in-game currency on the wrong in-game item.

Honestly? QQ more. I don't see how any of this could be ArenaNet's fault.

A badly thought out response.

The OP made a mistake - the GMs should have had tools to fix it.

The GM looks into the file with the character's purchases - sees the Karma spent and the two identical items. Removes the requested item and refunds the Karma.

Where is that remotely difficult?

Why isn't that a minimum level of service?

There should be a refund function usable at the vendor for self-bought items which aren't soulbound - it shouldn't even require a ticket and a GM.

Under return of goods regulations this could technically even be a legal requirement, and 'pixelbooty' does come under the definition in law of 'goods and services'.

No contract can ever take away your legal rights - and the ability to return unwanted 'goods' in the same condition you got them (kinda moot with pixelbooty...) within a certain timeframe because they are unwanted is something which should be provided.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

guys I never told it was not my mistake..
    but I guess exchange 1 virtual item to another takes less time then to write the answer of my ticket.
    we all can make mistakes and good support is supposed to help us out, IMO.
    but may be also they don't have tools to fix it up which is shame...

im with you m8, sometimes its because net issues and didnt notice on the confirm feature, the different piece of gear,

i remember on aion i mistake 2 times to get pieces of gear and they give me back the same exact currency.

Everyone made mistakes ( ANET too), why in the hell they didnt gave you your karma back.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Thanks all for answers.
    Many thanks to all who understood and supported my point.

I keep thinking GW2 used to be a long developed game, very long, much too long for players to keep hope, so all of a sudden, someone decided to stop relax and deep work and finish it fast at all costs.
    Seems that why some points are very nicely elaborated but others are not even tested well.

It can be only my opinion too, but it shame to wait that long for anything not 100% finished.

Concerning customer support, if it not small game issues they supposed to fix, what are they for? password recovery? seems it's cheep service to me compare to GW1 i know and, sure, WoW, who CARE about customers.
    I mean my fault shown game fault in this case (missing possibility to sell back item you have 0 use of), if it was me I would help my customer (just to make good impression) and start to elaborate tool to avoid similar problem in a future.

If customer service is not here to help us, then it should be renamed to account / password recovery service, and clearly state to use that CS does not exist here.

I got same problem with some f2p and left any of them when found bad support, but I blame them less as I was not supposed to pay for them to try.

GW2 pretended to be class A game, but not support critics and fail to reach this level.
    Game is not bad, but just average and looks like very good f2p for 60$. SAD

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Thanks all for answers.
    Many thanks to all who understood and supported my point.

I keep thinking GW2 used to be a long developed game, very long, much too long for players to keep hope, so all of a sudden, someone decided to stop relax and deep work and finish it fast at all costs.
    Seems that why some points are very nicely elaborated but others are not even tested well.

It can be only my opinion too, but it shame to wait that long for anything not 100% finished.

Concerning customer support, if it not small game issues they supposed to fix, what are they for? password recovery? seems it's cheep service to me compare to GW1 i know and, sure, WoW, who CARE about customers.
    I mean my fault shown game fault in this case (missing possibility to sell back item you have 0 use of), if it was me I would help my customer (just to make good impression) and start to elaborate tool to avoid similar problem in a future.

If customer service is not here to help us, then it should be renamed to account / password recovery service, and clearly state to use that CS does not exist here.

I got same problem with some f2p and left any of them when found bad support, but I blame them less as I was not supposed to pay for them to try.

GW2 pretended to be class A game, but not support critics and fail to reach this level.

Once they got your $60, they couldnt care about your mistake. Sorry to say thats what anet is now. I heard so many good things about the company before GW2.

NCsoft was much better at CS than Anet . I played Aion for almost 3 years and they always helped me. EVEN when it was my fault.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i think you are being too judgemental

I agree that ANET support could be improved but are using your customer experience to declare GW2 is an "average" game

when I was playing Turbine's DDO - i paid real cash for a Lesser Reincarnation so I could repsec my Feat selection

i found that was I not able to change my choice of Toughness feat and GM support told me it was a known bug and that nothing could be done about -- i was not entitled to any refund -- despite Turbine being aware of this game bug w Feat re-selection

I was annoyed w Turbine support but I didnt think any less of DDO

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I think you got me wrong, I don't stand GW2 as average game because of support, but because it simply is average. if not very boring game, disguised to something innovated or great.

But I mean as ANET pretended to drop something great, they could approuve CS and not make it much worse compare to GW1.

P.S. cash shop bug and, more, known bug, really sucks and show bad management, IMO
    I would never ever use it again if such issue gonna happened to me.
    I choose gaming to relax and it's devs job to make my time peasant and stress-less. If they are not able to provide me with good working game, I^ll go do something else instate.
    Again must tell Blizzard doing maximum to help customers and should be used as an example of good work. Humm, seems I gonna play WoW till the end of my days.=XD

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    I always take a couple extra seconds before I transmute my t3 cultural armor.  don't want to screw it up lol
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

While it does suck, I dont know of any games that allowed sellbacks on items that require special money/tokens to purchase until well after release. I admit, if they dont add a sellback feature in the next 4-6 months I will be rather disappointed.

Anyway, 42k Kharma is not a lot if you are in a decent guild that either does high level zergs or WvW. You can get 20k+ in just a few hours, then throw in the daily  kharma potion on top of it just for killing and gathering.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by korent1991
    I'm just fascinated how people blame support for everything...

Bad support would mean that they don't do their job properly, and seeing that you've got your answer (probably quickly) I don't see how that's "bad support" :D

They don't have the ability to give you your items back because that's something that would require massive logs and what not and since they have kinda unique server structure it's a bit harder to implement that. Same thing with returning a deleted character (which they said will be implemented as soon as they manage).

Also, you didn't get answered by GM - because there's none. That's what makes this game B2P and it still is better than most of the P2P sub games, including support.

that why I explained a difference between good and bad support. If you are happy with bad support, good for you. =D
    I'll not die because of it, just made my opinion about game provider.
    Now I'm 100% sure GW2 is NOT the best ever game and other hyper crap people keep post about.
    Best game MUST make customers happy by taking care of them and give them some fun.
    So far it's not a case of GW2 at least for me.
    I think I did wrong purchase of game once again (my worst still Aion) and could better by MoP of WoW and play like 3 more months or so. again IMO

What the "best game ever" is, is based on the gamers opinion which doesn't have to be shared by everyone since its their own personal opinion.

Good job though insulting the so called "hyper crap people" (your own wording) only because the support didn't corrected your own mistake on a item that you can regain in no time with a in game currency.

As far as I know they would take care of issues with the shop items, refund the game or anything you bougth and they even gave EVERYONE that was even near the events of the lost shores update the rewards of the final boss so people that lost connection or had other issues still got their rewards.

Maybe you should consider to follow what you wrote under your avatar (Better Safe then Sorry) and look before you click next time?

It's very simple and would solve your "trigger happiness syndrom" on it's own.

I know you admitted that it was your own mistake but awaiting everyone to reverse your mistakes everytime you click wrong and badmouthing them for not being able to is kinda out of place in my opinion.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    It's amazing to me how many people want to blame others for their mistakes (or want somene else to "fix it"). Look, you screwed up...it happens...that's how we learn in life.