Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

War Z Producer makes homophobic comments

2»

Comments

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by stori11

[mod edit]

I guarantee you if you used the F word which refers to homosexuals at my work, you'd lose your job.  There's zero tolerance for stuff like that. 

You say it's just a meaningless word to offend someone, like that is an excuse.  Shame on you.  It's a hate word. 

Originally posted by Sodahz

I was number one in the world 3 times for Star Trek Voyager Elite Force FFA DM.  I would play sometimes 8 to 10 hours a day, on my days off.  I've been playing games since pong, so not really 'new' to gaming.

When someone got a nice kill, I'd say, "Good shot!" or "Awesome".  I was always quick to praise anyone who could kill me.  If someone was spawn camping, I'd probably say something like, "Aw man, that's lame.  Come on now..."  If they were hacking and they were caught they'd get kicked from the server.

Never made epithets though.  Never.  Sorry you don't believe me.  It makes me sad that you have only met a certain kind of person in you're life.  If you knew me personally or professionally and came over to my house to visit you wouldn't doubt what kind of person I am though. 

I beat some words ran through your head you wanted to say while gaming before.

See, the problem is I have gay relatives and friends, so those words wouldn't even flash across my mind.  Same with the N word or any racial type of epithet, because I'm multiracial and have experienced racial hate. 

I'm sure I might have cursed before...the usual words...sh*t, f**k, stuff like that.  But never the other stuff people here seem so quick to forgive.

• stori11stori11 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Originally posted by wonderwise

So what? He is a human being, everyone makes mistakes. Sick and tired of people bashing the game just because everyone else is doing the same.

Stop acting like he has an active compaing against homosexuais or something.

Absolutely!  Just because the Dev team lies and the game sucks is no reason to bash it.  Stop following everyone else and bashing this game because it sucks.  The guy (Sergy) made some mistakes (like lying about features, anti-hack systems, gameplay, size of map, skills and pretty much everything else) lets all just forgive him and send him our Christmas money.

/Sarcasim off

The game doesnt suck, its just released as a foundation release while it should be labeled as early beta, the dev team didnt lie, the ceo and the PR did. There is no reason the bash the game. Had it been up to devs I bet they would delay the release. Quit acting like a holier than thou stuck up bitch.

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I'm gay, clearly my boyfriend is gay too...neither of us are offended by the word faggot. That's like me calling a fat person fat, we know were queers. A word only has as much meaning as someone is willing to give it. If gay people would stop acting like such emotional princesses over everything people would probably have a bit more respect for our community.
  • stori11stori11 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Terranah
    Originally posted by stori11

Didnt anyone notice that words like fag or lol have lost their original meaning? Im not saying their definition changed, Im saying that to most people those words have either no meaning or they mean something else. I for example havent thought of the word faggot as a slur against homosexuals, just another meaningless word to offend someone. I am honeslty amazed that people are bitching about this so much. You dont really care that he used the word faggot and dont try to tell me you do, most of you used it like that probably more than once. You're hating on the game and the devs because everyone else is. Get over yourselves. Come on, what the fuck people?

The expectations people have of public persons are ridiculous. Call me a faggot, see if I care, Ill call you a faggot, do you care? No, so quit being such a fucking whiny bitch and making everything into a big deal.

I guarantee you if you used the F word which refers to homosexuals at my work, you'd lose your job.  There's zero tolerance for stuff like that. 

You say it's just a meaningless word to offend someone, like that is an excuse.  Shame on you.  It's a hate word. 

Its a hate word when used against actual homosexuals.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

War Z's producer refers to campers as f***ots.  I'd use the exact term but I guess it's considered profane here and against rules of conduct because it falls under hate speech.  Bt it's an ugly word used to describe someone that is homosexual, similar in vulgarity to the N word for blacks.  Also like the N word, it is sometimes used imprecisely to describe an undesireable person.

What is shocking to me is there is usually a bit more polish at this professional level, but this guy seems to have very low standards in behavior as well as product development.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-producer-calls-campers-fgots-6398729

i have not read the link ad i am going by what you have said..he called campers fa--ots yes? how is that homophobic.i've called people names for doing certain things in RL..its not a hate speech against gays at all.its a term he used to describe people with no skill who want easy kills..basically to me there is nothing homophobic about it..its just a word f.f.s.

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

omg hey guys i herd about this game called the war z? I think theyre ripping off that dayz game. i don't think we should trust this  sergei guy.

(Sarcasm much intended)

Look, I'm not defending Sergei for this (or anything he's done), but you're way, way, WAY late to the party. Everyone knows by know that these guys are incompetent and insensitive at best and really awful human beings at worst. I mean, look at... uh, everything ever related to War Z and you'll see that Hammerpoint is far, far from professional.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

Originally posted by Igorcht

omg hey guys i herd about this game called the war z? I think theyre ripping off that dayz game. i don't think we should trust this  sergei guy.

(Sarcasm much intended)

Look, I'm not defending Sergei for this (or anything he's done), but you're way, way, WAY late to the party. Everyone knows by know that these guys are incompetent and insensitive at best and really awful human beings at worst. I mean, look at... uh, everything ever related to War Z and you'll see that Hammerpoint is far, far from professional.

If you've already been to this party why are you bumping it then?

Can you link to a thread topic in this forum that says he used the f word, referring to the homosexual slur?  People are saying it's old news but I haven't seen that thread.  I've heard them make note of some fraudulent practices but not specifically this.

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Igorcht

(Sarcasm much intended)

If you've already been to this party why are you bumping it then?

Can you link to a thread topic in this forum that says he used the f word, referring to the homosexual slur?  People are saying it's old news but I haven't seen that thread.  I've heard them make note of some fraudulent practices but not specifically this.

To be frank, no, I don't know if there's already a thread related to this, but generally when I want to seriously discuss MMORPGs, gaming in general, or anything, MMORPG.com is pretty much the last place I go, since I tend to avoid wretched communities (the majority of replies in this thread should be evidence enough) and laughable, amateurish journalism. I just drop by every so often for a good laugh. Really, you appear to have been posting here long enough to realize any sort of serious discussion about anything here is futile. Of course, it helps when you post things that aren't old news. You're acting surprised that he would say something so stupid as if he was a professional developer, when Hammerpoint has never once come across as a professional development team. No, he shouldn't've said it, and he's an ass for saying it, and I am not surprised in the least that he said it, because Sergei is an incompetent amateur.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Political correctness is like when town councils use "winterville" or something instead of Christmas for fear of offending non Christians or something.

Objecting to the use of faggot or nigger is not being politically correct. It's not being an obnoxious arsehole.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    A note on why this is locked - While there's nothing inherently wrong with the topic itself, the thread just got rather ugly. And folks, it's not cute to try and turn the same word or similar slurs into jokes on the thread topic. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.