It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I think they really are quite an amazing company and I feel bad they were created solely by a company as crappy as BHS(developers of TERA) for the sole-purpose of publishing TERA.
They got a somewhat bad name just from publishing this game yet they are so amazing... for example...
1) You can ask for a GM in-game at the typical American working hours Monday-Sunday and usually have one respond to you rather quickly, sometimes even port right beside you to ask what you need help with.
2) They actually work overtime to help the community... they spent 7 hours helping us organize a 3v3 tournament by teleporting people to an area where other people couldn't get to to prevent griefing, they also livestreamed it for people who weren't participating to watch. This was not an event...it was a player run tournament we asked EME to help us with.
3) Even with only 3 servers, they still keep live-chat open from 11:00 AM - 08:00 PM PST monday-sunday. As well as having GMs in-game and the support ticket system.
4) They are the only GMs that have ever reset soulbound items so I could trade them to friends, or un-soulbound cosmetics so I could give them to other characters.
5) They actually took a suggestion I PMd them and implemented it in-game in the following patch... I was pretty flattered by that.
5) Then this morning I received a totally RANDOM hand written note from one of the GMs thanking me for my activity on the TERA forums and wishing me a merry christmas...I didn't even get a christmas card from most of my family members in the mail... this really surprised me. You can see the thread here of a few people posting pictures of the cards they received in the mail...sadly I don't have a functioning camera at the moment to post my letter.
I feel bad because even though they do all this the community still gives them so much crap(even i'm guilty of this) and I'm positive it's BHS that is making the decisions, they need BHS to localize the client and bring over content, they need to talk with BHS before any decisions are made and BHS is just horrible at making good decisions, BHS is launching TERA in Taiwan right now and the OPEN BETA client of TERA in Taiwan has outfits/winter events with don't even have in the released version in NA yet!
So I just want to say, if EME every publishes another game besides TERA, don't judge them based on your experience with TERA, judge them based on what you've just read in this thread.