Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

War Z Producer makes homophobic comments

TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

War Z's producer refers to campers as f***ots.  I'd use the exact term but I guess it's considered profane here and against rules of conduct because it falls under hate speech.  Bt it's an ugly word used to describe someone that is homosexual, similar in vulgarity to the N word for blacks.  Also like the N word, it is sometimes used imprecisely to describe an undesireable person.

What is shocking to me is there is usually a bit more polish at this professional level, but this guy seems to have very low standards in behavior as well as product development.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-producer-calls-campers-fgots-6398729

Comments

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Seriously?  This is over a month old now.  The game has enough problems, no need to redredge old information.
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Aconsar
    Seriously?  This is over a month old now.  The game has enough problems, no need to redredge old information.

Yeah this happened awhile ago. But hey, he is cool because he bashes War Z. (Not defending the game here).

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107

Im sorry but this is funny because the forums as well as the warz forums has ALOT more harsh words then that (as well as in the games we all play) --- the guy was just saying how bad the spawn killing is , and u can leave it up to the rest of you trolls to try and turn this into some hate crime.... and im not taking up for the guy or approve of the past things he/the company has done , i just think its getting a bit silly that everything he does or says is being put under review and picked apart

find something else to pass your time with then gossip over this one guy

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Who hasn't made a comment like that playing a video game before? I know I have said far worse in frustration. There is not one person who at one point hasn't said something bad playing a video game... NO ONE.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by Aconsar

So prejudice has an expiration date for you.  I haven't heard anyone talking about it here, and I check the forums many times throughout the day.

So you support overlooking prejudice and hate speech by a game's representative when a game is engauging in fraudulent behavior?

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

So what? He is a human being, everyone makes mistakes. Sick and tired of people bashing the game just because everyone else is doing the same.

Stop acting like he has an active compaing against homosexuais or something.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

War Z sucks as a game and their dev team is the worst in history. However, this topic has been discussed many times already.

If you did any actual searching, you'd find the many topics regarding this issue already.

Originally posted by pauly6478

Who hasn't made a comment like that playing a video game before? I know I have said far worse in frustration. There is not one person who at one point hasn't said something bad playing a video game... NO ONE.

I've never made a comment like that before.  And I used to play fps several hours a day almost every day for years.  Never occured to me to call someone the f word or the n word.

Maybe I'm a different calibre person than you are used to.

Originally posted by JKwervo

War Z sucks as a game and their dev team is the worst in history. However, this topic has been discussed many times already.

If you did any actual searching, you'd find the many topics regarding this issue already.

It's a headline at Gamestop. 

I've tried the search function here before with poor result so I tend to just scan the first page or two. 

Originally posted by Terranah

[mod edit]

Are you telling me every single person you know uses the N word (associated with blacks) or the F word (associated with homosexuals)?  Seriously, that is sad. 

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

Indeed a tad old mate, but no worries don't think they can sink any lower..

[mod edit]

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

I've never made a comment like that before.  And I used to play fps several hours a day almost every day for years.  Never occured to me to call someone the f word or the n word.

Yup Calling BS on that one. 

Are you telling me every single person you know uses the N word (associated with blacks) or the F word (associated with homosexuals)?  Seriously, that is sad. 

I am telling you at some point you have raged at your video game you can sit here and say you haven't but fact is there is not a soul who hasn't, unless they are new to gaming.

sorry buddy i've played games for the last 20+  years and not once have sworn at a game.  You know why cause games are games and as calm person in general I find it funny when I see my friends swearing at a game and a bit sad, and I do call them out on it and they realize how sad the whole situation was.  Every player is different and so is every person and to assume what a person does or doesn't do while playing a game is ignorant.  

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202

Go dredge up the old forum post where he thoroughly apologizes as well.

I'm really tired of this "people owning words" bullshit. When I call someone a dickhead...do I now have to fear if they actually have a dick for a head. The word faggot was taken and turned into something else by some hateful people literally hundreds of years ago. It's use over the years has grown to mean many things.One hateful and bigoted and many others non-hateful. It's become a coverall for just ribbingly calling someone an ass...or dick or jerk or baby..it has transformed to be used in many ways...like the word fuck.  I'm sorry if some only see a hateful connotation but I'm not bitching that I can't  refer to my mood as "gay" anymore without people perhaps wondering if I'm homosexual...or that a small minority has greedily taken the symbol of the rainbow for themselves when it should refer to all diversity. This is all I'll say. Not going to get into a big debate over opinions.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's not "sensative" to object to people throwing around words like that.
  • fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    whos gives a shit, Seriously, id rather have a dev or rep of a game being themselves then this fake ass crap we have in most mmos where  everything they say is a myth and just flat out bullshit. Sure this fella dug a hole recently, But Op, can you HONESTLY say you never said that crap before, No, you cant, Neither can ANYONE on this fourm. we all get angry n say stupid shit. its apart of life, deal with it or leaving the gaming world. just my 2 cents.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

War Z's producer refers to campers as f***ots.  I'd use the exact term but I guess it's considered profane here and against rules of conduct because it falls under hate speech.  Bt it's an ugly word used to describe someone that is homosexual, similar in vulgarity to the N word for blacks.  Also like the N word, it is sometimes used imprecisely to describe an undesireable person.

What is shocking to me is there is usually a bit more polish at this professional level, but this guy seems to have very low standards in behavior as well as product development.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-producer-calls-campers-fgots-6398729

LOL

Wonder what's next from this company.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

well in the UK we have a dish called faggots..its like dumplins..is that homophobic?

p.s i can always remember visiting the states and asked a woman for packet of fags(cigarettes in the UK).i got a very wierd look .then i explained to her what i meant..then she told me what it meant in the states..different places,different meanings.

Yup Calling BS on that one. 

I am telling you at some point you have raged at your video game you can sit here and say you haven't but fact is there is not a soul who hasn't, unless they are new to gaming.

I was number one in the world 3 times for Star Trek Voyager Elite Force FFA DM.  I would play sometimes 8 to 10 hours a day, on my days off.  I've been playing games since pong, so not really 'new' to gaming.

When someone got a nice kill, I'd say, "Good shot!" or "Awesome".  I was always quick to praise anyone who could kill me.  If someone was spawn camping, I'd probably say something like, "Aw man, that's lame.  Come on now..."  If they were hacking and they were caught they'd get kicked from the server.

Never made epithets though.  Never.  Sorry you don't believe me.  It makes me sad that you have only met a certain kind of person in you're life.  If you knew me personally or professionally and came over to my house to visit you wouldn't doubt what kind of person I am though. 

I think if a developer designs a game that allows for undesireable outcome, like spawn camping, instead of attacking the players maybe they should institute a system that disallows such behavior.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by SoulStain

Go dredge up the old forum post where he thoroughly apologizes as well.

I'm really tired of this "people owning words" bullshit. When I call someone a dickhead...do I now have to fear if they actually have a dick for a head. The word faggot was taken and turned into something else by some hateful people literally hundreds of years ago. It's use over the years has grown to mean many things.One hateful and bigoted and many others non-hateful. It's become a coverall for just ribbingly calling someone an ass...or dick or jerk or baby..it has transformed to be used in many ways...like the word fuck.  I'm sorry if some only see a hateful connotation but I'm not bitching that I can't  refer to my mood as "gay" anymore without people perhaps wondering if I'm homosexual...or that a small minority has greedily taken the symbol of the rainbow for themselves when it should refer to all diversity. This is all I'll say. Not going to get into a big debate over opinions.

I didnt' care what he called people, he could use whatever he wants but its the fact that he is a lead on a game and is expected to be professional at all times.  At every game company I've worked at professionalism is take very seriously.  The reason for that is we never know who is around the office during the day and on many occasions we've had publishers, CFO, investors around.  I've seen several employees at my company dismissed as a result of swearing in front of important person(s)

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Why we talking about this joke of a game again?
  • GidionGidion Member UncommonPosts: 66

Someone needs to watch more South Park...

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by wonderwise

So what? He is a human being, everyone makes mistakes. Sick and tired of people bashing the game just because everyone else is doing the same.

Stop acting like he has an active compaing against homosexuais or something.

Absolutely!  Just because the Dev team lies and the game sucks is no reason to bash it.  Stop following everyone else and bashing this game because it sucks.  The guy (Sergy) made some mistakes (like lying about features, anti-hack systems, gameplay, size of map, skills and pretty much everything else) lets all just forgive him and send him our Christmas money.

/Sarcasim off

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Who cares?

Not me.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157

I was number one in the world 3 times for Star Trek Voyager Elite Force FFA DM.  I would play sometimes 8 to 10 hours a day, on my days off.  I've been playing games since pong, so not really 'new' to gaming.

When someone got a nice kill, I'd say, "Good shot!" or "Awesome".  I was always quick to praise anyone who could kill me.  If someone was spawn camping, I'd probably say something like, "Aw man, that's lame.  Come on now..."  If they were hacking and they were caught they'd get kicked from the server.

Never made epithets though.  Never.  Sorry you don't believe me.  It makes me sad that you have only met a certain kind of person in you're life.  If you knew me personally or professionally and came over to my house to visit you wouldn't doubt what kind of person I am though. 

I beat some words ran through your head you wanted to say while gaming before.

This discussion has been closed.