Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] General: Som's Best of 2012

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

2012 is nearly over and it's always fun to take a look back at the games that we spent lots of hours enjoying. We'll be spending this week talking about the games that we, the staff of MMORPG.com, caught our attention in the year that was. As ever, join the conversation in the comments. Som weighs in with his choices on this first day of 2013. Read on!

2012 was an action-packed year for MMO gamers.  We've seen the launch of several high-profile, hotly-anticipated titles, played expansions for some of our favorite games, and tinkered around with previews and betas for potential blockbusters.  In terms of variety, there's now always a smorgasbord available, and chances are that you have a ton of stellar games vying for your consideration.  I know that I have several games, MMO and otherwise, that are sitting on my desktop clamoring for my attention, and while I've enjoyed playing a variety of 2012's MMORPGs for work purposes, there are certainly a few personal favorites to which I keep returning.

Read more of Som Pourfarzaneh's Som's Best of 2012.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Good list.

I absolutly love both GW2 and LoTRO, something I've come back to a million times also over the years.

I can't fathom how people complain about GW2, the sheer amount of content and fun you get for 50$ is awesome.  A perfect example of In-game store done correctly.  Great value and great game.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yep, good list.  I actually think that SOE is getting better, they are actually trying to things differently.  
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I only agree with the Lotro expansion opinion.  The rest were so dissapointing.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by elocke

He said he hasn't tried the expansion. What was there to agree with?

If you meant it was good, then yeah no.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by elocke

He said he hasn't tried the expansion. What was there to agree with?

If you meant it was good, then yeah no.

Honestly I didn't really read his whole paragraph so I missed where he said he didn't dip into Rohan yet but still kept coming back to Lotro.  And yes I meant it was good, which it was.  Thanks for being an ass and pointing out my small error ;D

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Seriously so sick of the gw2 knobslobbin on this site.
  • oopsmybadoopsmybad Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Seriously so sick of the gw2 knobslobbin on this site.

I totally agree! I played gw2 & theres just somethin missin about it. Im actually downloading Vanguard & will prob waist 15 dollars on a month of game time.... I've always wanted to try it, f*ck it! Lets see!