Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinion/possibly loaded MMO question

First stating that this is an opinionated question, and possibly a loaded question. Between Planetside 2 and Rift, which game do you think is "better" or the one you enjoy more and why do you?

If you like both or are undecided, what qualities do you like about each of them?

Thanks much,

Mystic3333

Celerion
Contact me on Twitter @IAMCelerion and chat.

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I like the PvP of PS2 and the PvE of Rift. They're not really similar so it's hard to compare them.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    How about an option for "neither"?  I have zero interest in either of those games.
  • CelerionCelerion Member Posts: 30

Sort of an additional question, although they are different genres, which of them "handles" better?   Longer game life (start to end), player count, quality of the PvP vs PvE engine.

Could one factor be which each player likes more, PvP or PvE? 

Celerion
    Contact me on Twitter @IAMCelerion and chat.

• IIIcurrierIIIcurrier Member Posts: 88
    I'd say Planet side 2 has most replay ability as you can constantly be improving your player skill through practice and learning from example, where in Rift you are limited to equipment, stats, ect, you meet a road block eventually where no progress is gained.
  • GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

I would rather compare Vermont Cheddar to The Dark Knight Rises.  Yes, TDKR was a much better movie, but it tastes terrible on a ham sandwich.  Neither one has Heath Ledger in it, but you really only notice in TDKR. 

In the end, I guess it boils down to how hungry you are.

Edit: Preemptive response to flames: Yes, I am trying to make a point in response to the OP.  No, I'm not going to elaborate.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Greyface

I would rather compare Vermont Cheddar to The Dark Knight Rises.  Yes, TDKR was a much better movie, but it tastes terrible on a ham sandwich.  Neither one has Heath Ledger in it, but you really only notice in TDKR. 

In the end, I guess it boils down to how hungry you are.

Edit: Preemptive response to flames: Yes, I am trying to make a point in response to the OP.  No, I'm not going to elaborate.

I'm not going to flame you.  I just want half a pound of whatever you were smoking.  :-)

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Planetside 2

Been there seen it all before with rift, its a polished product but its the same product we've been fed in one form or another for the last decade.