Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incursions

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Any reason why the elitist control what ships and fits you need to join Incursions now? They will only take 3 certain pirate BSs for dps and I use to have no problem running VGs in a 'Cane. Do I really need to spend 3B on a ship and its fittings (that someone else has chosen for me) to get in a fleet now?

If the answer is "yes", can you FCs agree on a cookie-cutter fitting so I don't have to drag every mod in my cargo to please each of you?

If the answer is "no", can you post your channel?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

These "elite" corporations running Incursions are like a well-oiled clockwork machine. They just don't have room for anything else than "elite" fits. I can understand them. They have invested significant time and resources into making their fleet work.

That said, there is nothing to prevent you from starting your own "noob" fleet. Plenty of takers for those. Just head to the incursion area, start a fleet and start inviting. You will have your fleet up in no time. Just expect the standard MMO problem - not enough healers.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Well i like so much Eve but to be part of any big corp fleet in Eve is same  as to be a part of Borg. ''We are the Borg . You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile''.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by tom_gore

These "elite" corporations running Incursions are like a well-oiled clockwork machine. They just don't have room for anything else than "elite" fits. I can understand them. They have invested significant time and resources into making their fleet work.

That said, there is nothing to prevent you from starting your own "noob" fleet. Plenty of takers for those. Just head to the incursion area, start a fleet and start inviting. You will have your fleet up in no time. Just expect the standard MMO problem - not enough healers.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I see the reason. But it's not like Incursions are that hard. I use to almost fall sleep running them last time I was subbed because they were boring. But crap they rake in some nice ISK.

I just wonder what happened that made Incursions such serious business. I know, time = ISK, but wow, really? Only allowed to join if you have a 3B ISK setup for a VG run? Not only that, but none of the FCs can agree on what setup they want so you literally have to bring everything incase they make you change mods.

I don't have experience to be FC nor do I want to. I just want to find a group of slackers willing to hit F1 while watching tv. If I can make 80M per hour, half-assed, it's good enough.

Know any channels?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Originally posted by Robokapp

you can make 70mil/hour every hour in nullsec ratting alone in forsaken hubs in a 1 bil ship (plus fit).

well, I can. others can make much more alone.

if money's all you're after, hit up a nullsec corp, get a Vindictor with meta 4s, slam 3 gyrostabilizers a rep and 3 resists, fill it with caps put a tracking computer and you got a 20mil+/blink.

1 blink = 20 minutes.

Yeah, I'm slowly heading out there. Need 2 more months before I can be carefree of death (I want to finish training some skills with my +5 imps in). Just looking for ways to keep making ISK while I train them.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by zomard100
    Well i like so much Eve but to be part of any big corp fleet in Eve is same  as to be a part of Borg. ''We are the Borg . You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile''.

Good thing then there is no requirement to be part of a big corp. Plenty of stuff to do in small corps or solo.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by NorseGod

Oh, don't get me wrong. I see the reason. But it's not like Incursions are that hard. I use to almost fall sleep running them last time I was subbed because they were boring. But crap they rake in some nice ISK.

I just wonder what happened that made Incursions such serious business. I know, time = ISK, but wow, really? Only allowed to join if you have a 3B ISK setup for a VG run? Not only that, but none of the FCs can agree on what setup they want so you literally have to bring everything incase they make you change mods.

I don't have experience to be FC nor do I want to. I just want to find a group of slackers willing to hit F1 while watching tv. If I can make 80M per hour, half-assed, it's good enough.

Know any channels?

Are you Shield or Armor for Incursions. I don't know about Shield fleets, but I have never seen this behavior in any Armor Fleets for incursions. As long as the ship and fit was reasonable then you were allowed in.  By reasonable I mean actually having a passive tank that the logis could keep you up. Though now that I think about it most of the shield fleets I see are pure nightmare/mach fleets so I might hazard a geuss that you mean shield fleets? If that is the case consider training up Amarr or Gal and running in an armor fleet.

Originally posted by Nicoli

Know any channels?

Are you Shield or Armor for Incursions. I don't know about Shield fleets, but I have never seen this behavior in any Armor Fleets for incursions. As long as the ship and fit was reasonable then you were allowed in.  By reasonable I mean actually having a passive tank that the logis could keep you up. Though now that I think about it most of the shield fleets I see are pure nightmare/mach fleets so I might hazard a geuss that you mean shield fleets? If that is the case consider training up Amarr or Gal and running in an armor fleet.

I agree.

I think the reason for me flying a (T2 fitted) Hurricane when Incursions first started was that I could fit armor or shields and get in any fleet asking for DPS. But, after I resubbed, it's more of like you said, Nightmares/Machs only.

I can fly a Mach, I just don't want to buy one. It seems like an overkill for something as easy as VG Incursions.

I guess I have to find something else to do for now. Thanks for your replies.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Know any channels?

Everybody has to start somewhere.  Give it a try, you might like it.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

I agree.

I think the reason for me flying a (T2 fitted) Hurricane when Incursions first started was that I could fit armor or shields and get in any fleet asking for DPS. But, after I resubbed, it's more of like you said, Nightmares/Machs only.

I can fly a Mach, I just don't want to buy one. It seems like an overkill for something as easy as VG Incursions.

I guess I have to find something else to do for now. Thanks for your replies.

If you can fly a Mach that means you can fly a Megathron, You should be able to fit a decent one cheap (sub 200mil) in which case join "The Ditanian Fleet" and you can run around with the armor guys.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Join the Lv6 channel in game, they fly non-shiny fleets/fits along with Shiny and even appear to have fun sometimes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

All good info guys, even for lurkers that have been reading.

Thanks! 07