Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release

lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149

Ummm i thought they said the game will release very end of 2012?

Haven heard anything, anyone know whats going on with the stand alone?

Comments

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    No idea. I know within the last week people were stating "In just a few more days!!!" But no idea where they were getting that. Every page I checked out didn't have anything new posted. Last I heard was sometime in early Dec 2012. I also read before that I think 2 of the main dev's were in prison for something, but not sure.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I was just looking for information today also, seen in a few vid's rocket was saying that they were shooting to get it out before the end of the year. They missed it so far, but I would rather them take the time to iron out anything they need too before releasing a turd crawling with bugs.
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127

Where do you go to look for information about the stand-alone? Or is it just somewhere on the mod website.

Edit: Nvm found it :)

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

can someone provide a link for me to be able to see? :<

thanks!

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

With all the bullshit surrounding Warz, I'd wait to release the real game for a few months. Let all the crap die down a little, and polish or add whatever they need to. Then show the public what a cash grab scam warz was/is.

And yea, I'm a fanboy for Day.

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    To delay a game is fine, but to delay it and not say a word? I've checked the official site, Twitter, etc and seen not one update on when it'll be out or that it was delayed or as to why it was. Last Twitter post was for a link to the 12 DayZ of Christmas video and that was about 5 days ago or so.
  • lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149

yeah bad communication from the company. I watched the demonstration of rocket of Dayz and he assured that they are aiming for end of 2012 release. Guess with the steam sale going on Im pretty busy with the games ive bought haha. Anyone tried WarZ?

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

There is no date given or ETA because they are unsure themselves. Why give an arbitrary release date and then either release before it's ready or push the date back? I've always been a fan of "it will release when it's ready" response. Granted they went on record and said they were aiming for the end of the year, but an aim and an actual given date are nowhere close to the same thing.

And for the record, the Dayz Standalone is not going to be releasing as a finished product. It will pretty much be released in the same sense that The War Z was released just minus all the BS and false claims of features that do not really exsist.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

It may take some time, before Rocket was saying it would be out by the end of the year...Then there was the issue with their "Spies" and I use that word tongue-in-cheek in Greece, also apparently Mr Hall is having some health issues due to the stress/pressure of this project.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/20/dayz-standalone-hall-discusses-depressing-development-pressure/

I hope he just takes his time and releases a good product. He'll be eaten alive if he releases anything bug ridden, or vulnerable to common hacks.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    i love dayz play it 6+ hrs a day. I hope they take there time and release it when they think it shud be released. We dont need annother WarZ