Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will bring 2013 to Tyria?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Allready 2 free huge content patches are promissed for january and February. And i am expecting them every month after that too. Arenanet will show the world how to update a game for free.

I think on top of that we will see a little more ballancing, making cetain character classes a little more versatile and tuning PvP bunkertanks a little bit down. I dont think we will see a lot of PvE ballancing tough, all ballancing seems concetrated aaround PvP.  Despite the fact that some classes really need a bit of a boost in PvE.

On top of that i think we will see the first payed expansion pack for GW2 later this year, which part of the world will return? I dont know, but i would not be surprised if we got a chance to fight an Elder dragon in Elonia.  I hope they improve the story part of the expansion a bit. I´d love to see more GOOD stories.

Last but not least, by the end of the year i expect GW2 to be high up on the E sports listings. 

What are your expectations for 2013?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

They are updating the game too much! A casual player like me can't follow! :(

Anyway I'm also excited for big upcoming patches. The following things were promised to us by Anet and I hope they see them through:

- Updated dungeons (Doing something about the awful storymode without any decent rewards)

- Preview on the TP :p

- More activities! Bar brawling..Need I say more?

- Guildhalls! ( hopefully we get the flying airships we wanted :) )

- An update to Southsun Cove, that zone is useless at te moment

And much moooooooooore! :)

Would be a bit strange to do the next expansion in Elona. Kralkatorik is a far away, while Jormag and Primordus seems much closer and a bigger threat.

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

What will 2013 bring to Tyria?...

Ahh I feel much better now..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I can see all of the things you mentioned coming in, perhaps except for the e-sports.

But it can also very well happen that ANet continues to lose huge chunks of players if they stick to their overall poor handling of economy, classes/balance, community management (aka eternal silence). This way we may also see some desperate measures from NCSoft/Nexon hitting the game in 2013.

I mean, to an extend it already happened. GW2 initial sales didn't hit the mark NCSoft aimed for and players felt th lack of profit by getting funneled into the item shop by poor to no loot, DR and ANet nerfing any profitable farming allover the game.

I expect the game to reach an important milestone 1st quarter 2013 and we will see it raise or fall from there.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    honestly i dont care- i wont buy any expansion anyway- i got gw2 for free because theyr system of ordering was a big mess in the beginning- my brother ordered 1 copy  and got 2 instead.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Reskaillev

Typical Deer. Sheesh.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by Volgore

I mean, to an extend it already happened. GW2 initial sales didn't hit the mark NCSoft aimed for and players felt th lack of profit by getting funneled into the item shop by poor to no loot, DR and ANet nerfing any profitable farming allover the game.

proof or it didn't happen! 

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

According to the shareholder report released by NCSoft, NCSoft predicted 3+ mio sales in 2012.

Latest official numbers by the end opf 2012 was that GW2 "broke the 2mio mark". That could be 2,3mio or 2,7mio, but we haven't seen any more up to date numbers since then,  nor NCSoft stating that they broke the 3mio mark.

I'm shure you won't find that "proof" enough, although you can easily find all that in various sources allover the internet. For me however, the point remains. GW2 hasn't reached the sales NCSoft shot for.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

If they actually did hit 3 million sales, there would have been a press release.  ANET is not the quiet type.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

According to the shareholder report released by NCSoft, NCSoft predicted 3+ mio sales in 2012.

Latest official numbers by the end opf 2012 was that GW2 "broke the 2mio mark". That could be 2,3mio or 2,7mio, but we haven't seen any more up to date numbers since then,  nor NCSoft stating that they broke the 3mio mark.

I'm shure you won't find that "proof" enough, although you can easily find all that in various sources allover the internet. For me however, the point remains. GW2 hasn't reached the sales NCSoft shot for.

Can you link that one?. The only one I remember saying anything about 3+ million sales in 2012 was a third party report from Daewoo Securities, a korean company that releases reports about different companies (NCSoft being one of them) for investors to decide when to buy or sell shares.

This one:

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/155585.pdf?attachmentId=155585

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

110 million in Q4 ......How much more do you think they planned on making ?

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

In reality:  2013 will bring more PVE content, because it pays the bills.

In my Dreams:  Hopefully 2013 will bring some much needed attention to WvW.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

i hope much better PvP - such as better system on WxWxW, sPvP with guilds and guildladder, better maps for sPvP...

an expansion, better meta DE's Bosses and much better craftable itens.

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by Maephisto

In reality:  2013 will bring more PVE content, because it pays the bills.

In my Dreams:  Hopefully 2013 will bring some much needed attention to WvW.

They mentioned February as the month that WvW will be seeing many updates. They might be good or bad, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

hope more content will be added, existing fixed (TP, WvW, dungeons and may be more) or more people gonna be bored and quite...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    The first expansion you have to pay for no doubt.

imageimage
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

You also pay for all the expansions from WoW, Rift, etc along with your sub fee. Your point is moot.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

There's coming updates in January and February that's going to be as big an an expansion and it for free. Later this year there's going to be an expansion you have to pay for.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    My first hope is non weapon based skill selection.  Preferably skill trees and more than one hotbar of skills at a time.
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Typical Deer. Sheesh.

We don't have the dexterity of ye goats :(

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    My first hope is non weapon based skill selection.  Preferably skill trees and more than one hotbar of skills at a time.

Skills 1 thru 5 will always be tied to weapons in GW2, that's just how it's set up. What would be an interesting twist that stayed somewhat in that design would be the ability to trait to having a different set of skills pop up. Say if you traited to "dagger mastery" you'd then have the option between the base dagger skills or the "mastery" skills. They wouldn't be more powerful, so to speak, but could provide a unique way of using the dagger. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

no...just no

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by Volkon

Skills 1 thru 5 will always be tied to weapons in GW2, that's just how it's set up. What would be an interesting twist that stayed somewhat in that design would be the ability to trait to having a different set of skills pop up. Say if you traited to "dagger mastery" you'd then have the option between the base dagger skills or the "mastery" skills. They wouldn't be more powerful, so to speak, but could provide a unique way of using the dagger. 

There were weapon traits in early beta and alpha versions of the game, they changed them to be less efficient and now they give 5% more damage etc. Pretty disappointed.

In alpha/beta you could trait a weapon skill to cripple for longer, have lower cooldown, do more damage, half activation time etc.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Originally posted by Volkon

There were weapon traits in early beta and alpha versions of the game, they changed them to be less efficient and now they give 5% more damage etc. Pretty disappointed.

In alpha/beta you could trait a weapon skill to cripple for longer, have lower cooldown, do more damage, half activation time etc.

I was there, I recall some of those... there are a couple things from "pre-release" I miss. One thing was mesmer portals being automatic and not requiring you to hit "F" to use them. Had fun portalling yaks.

Oderint, dum metuant.