Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] General: Bless: Uncovering the Enigmatic New Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During 2012's G-Star convention in South Korea, Neowiz announced "Bless", the latest MMO in development that will join its growing stable of games. Bless is said to be "photo-realistic" so we caught up to Lead Producer Jacob Han to find out more about the game. Read what he has to say and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

MMORPG.com: Give us an overview of BLESS, the game play looks amazing.

Jacob Han: BLESS is a classic MMORPG in a medieval European setting. To us, the most important elements of an MMORPG are not only immersive graphics and combat, but also a strong setting, story and even NPC dialogue, all intertwining in a complex, yet engaging manner. You will be able to step into an entirely new world that is both believable and comprehensive, made possible by BLESSs background story, which we have taken painstaking effort to build. In BLESS, you will be able to adventure with intriguing characters against a realistic backdrop. Unlike traditional MMORPGs, players will be motivated to engage in a variety of role-play scenarios. This is because each faction and race has a different background setting and story influenced by the player’s decisions. The game provides constant feedback to the players to bring life to a living, breathing world full of adventure. You don’t simply play the game to acquire new armor sets and gain levels, but to experience honor, sacrifice, friendship or burning vengeance.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Bless: Bless: Uncovering the Enigmatic New Game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    This screenshot is good enough, imagine hunting elephants with a bow and arrow.
  • Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    This one is definitely on my radar because it has almost everything I wished from an MMORPG,Now let's hope it's not just talk.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    is it tab target combat or action combat?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Well, so far it looks great. We will see.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Pretndr01Pretndr01 Member Posts: 8
    Hunting elephants? or having one as a controllable pet.... nerdgasim
  • LackeyZeroLackeyZero Member Posts: 640
    Sounds like the game is designed to foster social interaction. Good!
  • angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Looks like another themepark.  I love realistic graphics but sandbox gameplay is far more important to my immersion than lovely graphics.  Ten races could be interesting, if the differences are more than just cosmetic.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    combat system and pvp are important, this is what sticks at the end...sandbox features arent worth anything without good combat system and pvp
  • dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    some gameplay and cinematic dont thanks me

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    (gameplay)

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

This looks promising. The scenery is beautiful at least and that elephant looks amazing. If the gameplay is as good as the pretties it will be outstanding.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

According to this site http://bestfreemmorpg2013.com/upcoming-games-list/ Bless will be a F2P game.

Saw this title some time ago and was wondering if it was goin to be just another theampark or something more. Im on Team P2P so seeing the f2p tag spooks me some. If anyone has any in depth info on this title please link away!

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR_iBJcZtwI Looks pretty generic to me when you look at gameplay not just screen shots and cut scenes.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884
    combat system and pvp are important, this is what sticks at the end...sandbox features arent worth anything without good combat system and pvp

Odd, A Tale in the Desert had no combat or PvP and seemed to do rather well for itself...

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    It doesn't seem too innovative, just your basic mainsteam themepark game. I mean between Aion, FFXIV and TERA, I'm not sure what they plan to build upon to make it stand out.

Going to have to agree, after watching the videos I believe it will make a decent F2P game but there really isn't anything "there". Just reminds me of Aion.

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99

looks like another point and click combat system with a boring korean development mentality. you can sugar coat all you want, it will end up being another Aion.

point and click combat system is outdated, people should take what TERA did with their combat system and improve and intergrate it.

but either way this game is a pass for me.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

"experience honor, sacrifice, friendship or burning vengeance"

This is all just fluff text. How can a game offer honor, sacrifice, and vengeance? lol

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734
    looks cool, who knows if play model will be good or bad

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

"experience honor, sacrifice, friendship or burning vengeance"

This is all just fluff text. How can a game offer honor, sacrifice, and vengeance? lol

I guess that's the much practised asian sales speach...

Those words probably hold more weight over there.. Even when it comes to games.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Looks great. Please don't make little girl characters with huge swords like in Tera!
  • zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Nooo! Confirmed from videos on youtube. Another Asian mmo with awesome graphic and girls in mini skirts :(. Looks more like console game
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Lost me when he said "...story driven...", as if SWTOR wasn't lame enough in its half-hearted attempt.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Well it does look damn gorgeous, no debate on that.
  • umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    waste of amazing graphics and animations. koreans just have no clue how to create a fun game. they just cant move past Lineage!!!! i still see see turn-based clicky combat. i still see exclamation marks. i still see static world.  this will freaking bomb...but damn, the graphics. 

also, lol at copying GW2's guardian design >.<
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Looks like an interesting game. But I doubt anyone outside of Korea is going to see it this year.  Also, it will depend on how PvP is handled.  If its the typical Korean game, with no PvE option, then I'll have to pass.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."