Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tired of the negative.

darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
As the title says i havnt seen any thing postive people have been saying other than those of us trying to defend it. So ill ask what are you most looking foward to in ARR?

Comments

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

the art direction and story content mostly.  Im "hoping" to see a broad variety of gear appearances for our characters also.

As far as actual game content goes, the FATE system definitely, hamlet defense ..

• SushibarfSushibarf Member UncommonPosts: 14
    It's the internet people will troll every game even if it is good just because.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I'm hoping to make my character resemble ViVi if possible and ride a Chocobo. Everything else is just fluff for me ;) :)
  • EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49

I was excited for the game when version 1 was released, but for the first time ever I waited for reviews on the game before buying it and kinda happy I did although some people say they enjoyed there time playing in version 1, many others as we know didnt. 

So I am extremely excited to play the second reincarnation of the game and it will most likely be the last MMO I play so cheers to hoping for a great success.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Im excited to see the game become what it should have been in the first place. It's giving me some old ffxi mix with modern elements. Can't wait.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    As the title says i havnt seen any thing postive people have been saying other than those of us trying to defend it. So ill ask what are you most looking foward to in ARR?

Dont worry pal, even if this game goes to hell, they have been honorably seeking council with the player base, they have proven being one of the top gaming companies in the world not just in name, but in attitude. Even so, as you see the mass here its a as dumb as to belive in DarkFAIL, even after being pushed to pay for the Open Beta, which in my hopinion is disgustingly pathetic.

But as you see, those are the dumb people that make game developers become spoiled and ask for more money for a bad cailber software.

I personally belive, that ARR might not be the asian jewel we hope, but its definetly going to be better, and possibly a good game to stay a couple of months if not a year. Saying that, they will improve as many other good games have gone so far.

Remember that FF franchise is like the old girlfriend that we always remember for the good or the bad, but always cheerish as we move on.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• XhieronXhieron Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Originally posted by Paladrink
    Originally posted by darkrain21

Dont worry pal, even if this game goes to hell, they have been honorably seeking council with the player base, they have proven being one of the top gaming companies in the world not just in name, but in attitude. Even so, as you see the mass here its a as dumb as to belive in DarkFAIL, even after being pushed to pay for the Open Beta, which in my hopinion is disgustingly pathetic.

But as you see, those are the dumb people that make game developers become spoiled and ask for more money for a bad cailber software.

I personally belive, that ARR might not be the asian jewel we hope, but its definetly going to be better, and possibly a good game to stay a couple of months if not a year. Saying that, they will improve as many other good games have gone so far.

Remember that FF franchise is like the old girlfriend that we always remember for the good or the bad, but always cheerish as we move on.

There is indeed something to be said for the fact that the company tried to salvage its flagship where most others would have cut and run, and that's something I think they'll be remembered for no matter how the game does.  Of course I'm still excited about it, and I hope it launches at a time when not much will be well-positioned to compete--that is, after the last wave and before the next.  We'll see.

No matter what, the game will have a legacy, and for the company's sake, I hope the legacy is that they pulled up from a catastrophic nosedive, whether they succeeded in righting the ship or not--rather than that they failed colossally and then poured good money after bad.  If FFXIV can recover, anyone can--and that's good for the industry.  If they can't, I think it's unlikely anyone would ever try again, and we'll remain in the launch-is-all-things mode for another season.

Peace and safety.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    You see lots of negative because so many people got burned the first time around. They havent played since then, and probably dont know much, if anything, about the changes to come. Or the changes they have been shown thus far havent impressed upon them that the game has changed much. First impressions matter alot, and are hard to change. I dont think you'll ever stop seeing negative, even if the game turns completely around, as, once again, some people arent coming back, and when the topic is brought to them about the game, they'll rattle off about their horrible time.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    I most look forward to the game showing me something that makes me want to play it.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    I'm looking forward to the party limit breaks.
  • alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Toxia
    You see lots of negative because so many people got burned the first time around. They havent played since then, and probably dont know much, if anything, about the changes to come. Or the changes they have been shown thus far havent impressed upon them that the game has changed much. First impressions matter alot, and are hard to change. I dont think you'll ever stop seeing negative, even if the game turns completely around, as, once again, some people arent coming back, and when the topic is brought to them about the game, they'll rattle off about their horrible time.

Um, you see a lot of negativity because it's crap.  They downgraded the graphics, made the gameworld cartoony in tone, even combat kind of seems worse in a way, all just so they could add quest spam or something.

People say "oh well it has chocobo raising and instanced player housing too"... but so what?  Instanced housing is just a way to remove people from the actual gameworld, and chocobo raising, while a good feature, cannot save a game that has been in all other ways downgraded.

They said they were adding "roaming primals" which turned out to be instanced also, so chances are anything that sounded interesting on paper will turn out being relatively lame anyway.

Like the mass PvP idea they had where winner controls a city or w/e.  Turns out it's again instanced and won't even be available on release anymore.  Everything they do is so meh.

Originally posted by alyosha17

Um, you see a lot of negativity because it's crap.  They downgraded the graphics, made the gameworld cartoony in tone, even combat kind of seems worse in a way, all just so they could add quest spam or something.

People say "oh well it has chocobo raising and instanced player housing too"... but so what?  Instanced housing is just a way to remove people from the actual gameworld, and chocobo raising, while a good feature, cannot save a game that has been in all other ways downgraded.

They said they were adding "roaming primals" which turned out to be instanced also, so chances are anything that sounded interesting on paper will turn out being relatively lame anyway.

Like the mass PvP idea they had where winner controls a city or w/e.  Turns out it's again instanced and won't even be available on release anymore.  Everything they do is so meh.

We get it you post the same stuff in every post you don't like the graphics in AAR and the game sucks compared to 1.0 gotcha.

• TolandToland Member CommonPosts: 38
    Mind linking to a reliable source about the "roaming primals" being instenced and the Mass PVP controlling a city... Must have missed that some where in my reading.
    Originally posted by Toland
    Mind linking to a reliable source about the "roaming primals" being instenced and the Mass PVP controlling a city... Must have missed that some where in my reading.

Wow just noticed he said that since I stoped reading his post and I never heard any of this by Yoshi.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by Methios
    Originally posted by Toland

Wow just noticed he said that since I stoped reading his post and I never heard any of this by Yoshi.

It was never official information. It was an idea Yoshi talked about briefly in a Live Letter or a forum post (I think.) Either way, Yoshi had a lot of big ideas, and he'd occasionally talk about them. He also talked about crafters building boats and huge houses, but I don't expect that stuff to happen for a long long time, if ever.

I am keeping my expectations for this game extremely low even though my inner SE fanboy is screaming. It's only prudent after experiencing the horror show that was 1.0. I am most looking forward to playing a Final Fantasy MMO. SE has some of the most talented artists in the industry IMO, and I can't wait to get in there and see the sights.

As for the whole negativity thing... you should really learn to let it roll off your shoulders. People are going to be extremely hard on this game, and for good reason IMO. You're on a website where every single game gets tons of negative comments. Just scroll past em' or reply to the complaint if it's actually well reasoned and you feel like you can contribute. People like you complain about negativity, but then you make threads like this, which is worded in a way that is practically begging for people to poop on your game of choice.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by alyosha17

Instanced housing does this? Really? based on what experience...?

Even the EQ2 Devs (who have created the best example of IH I have seen yet) admit and openly talk about how it is the over use of utilies in housing that harmed the game world, not instanced housing itself at all.

In a game like EQ2 we see instanced housing acting as a community catalyst and a player retainer, both of which are a massive consideration when designing a MMORPG.

Only the dim dismiss housing in a game like this, even if they personally do not enjoy it.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I'm looking forward to:

• Housing
    • Limit Breaks
    • New Crafting/Gathering Systems
    Sadly, those three are pretty much all I'm looking forward to at this point. :(

<3

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

I'm looking forward to:

• Housing
    • Limit Breaks
    • New Crafting/Gathering Systems
    Sadly, those three are pretty much all I'm looking forward to at this point. :(

You are not looking forward to fresh servers, a massive influx of new players, and a general rebirth of the game?

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Someone needs to watch the before and now zones I have posted if they think the graphics are downgraded I do not see it at all. It looks way better

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    Someone needs to watch the before and now zones I have posted if they think the graphics are downgraded I do not see it at all. It looks way better

The graphics are better. People are just baseing the alpha graphics against the final product of V1. They havnt turned on the anti aliasing or any other major features yet.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Summoners, housing, chocobo raising, a fresh start, a new story... there's actually very little I don't like of ARR from what we know so far. It also looks to be the first major MMO in a while that's bothering to offer players a diverse array of options for things to do besides combat combat combat.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

If you are tired of reading negative things about your game then stop going to forums and concentrate on having fun in said game instead. Problem solved

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Looking forward to -

- Housing, and grand company housing.

- Mounted combat.

- Gardening.

- Titan and Odin summons

- Auction houses

- New Mounts

- New Engine (lag has gone)

- Limit breaks

- Customisable interface.

- FATE system.

That is only some of the stuff that is coming with ARR of the top of my head.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I don't get the logic of those complaining about "downgraded" graphics, the original engine wasn't designed for mmos, the new one is, of course there will be a lowering of some aspects of the rendering, (though shadows have improved). Do those complaining seriously think ARR should not use an mmo engine just because single player games look better?
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Starpower

If you are tired of reading negative things about your game then stop going to forums and concentrate on having fun in said game instead. Problem solved

I would but its not even in beta yet wow talk about blindly saying things.

And that takes away from what I said how?

You should still stay off forums if negative things impact you so much regardless if the game is out or not. You have a choice and you made yours by coming here to defend it. That's fine then don't complain