Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VIDEO] Sandbox MMO's comming out in 2013

ObzzarverObzzarver Member UncommonPosts: 50

Hey Guys,

I just did a video showing a taste of 14 Sandbox MMO's that is comming out in 2013 and later, tought for those of you that are sandbox fans this could be usefull :)

Let me know what you think :)

http://youtu.be/QHO2EMo5NZE

Honest none-summarized friendly gameplay videos with commentary: MMO previews / Gametesting / Let's Play:

www.youtube.com/user/Obzzarver

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Thank you for this. a few games you had in the vid i didnt even know about.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Good overview of the various games. Black Deserts looks interesting to me. Thanks for creating this, Zzar!

The Repopulation is the main one on that list that has my interest.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I am excited for Black Deserts and The Repopulation.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    nice to know, would have liked if you covered wurm and xsyon abit more
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Nice video. I'm already interested in Archage, The Repopulation and Origins of Malu. Now I'll keep an eye on Black Deserts, too.
  • ObzzarverObzzarver Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Thank you for this. a few games you had in the vid i didnt even know about.

Happy to hear that :)

Honest none-summarized friendly gameplay videos with commentary: MMO previews / Gametesting / Let's Play:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Really good vid: Great way to introduce and grow awareness of these mmorpgs-sandbox.

Suggestions:

• There's Topia Online (KS atm): Really interesting concept.
    • Is Age Of Wushu anywhere near sandbox? Idk.
    Pathfinder Info:
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Great vid mate. looking forward to most of them games. There was one I've never heard of, made me go OMG, Black Deserts. Looks amazing, Will have to do some research on it very soon.

2013 Year or the sandbox. :)

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Just curious, but do you guys ever have doubts in games like Black Desert and ArchAge due to where they are made? I know I do. Very large doubts. I actually can't think of one game from Korea that I really loved. Usually its a pretty cool system and what not but for some reason I feel like the games are hollow. Now don't get me wrong, I'll probably keep an eye on these games (thanks for pointing out Black Desert), but my expectations are very very low.

Either way, thanks for the vid man!

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Obzzarver

Hey Guys,

I just did a video showing a taste of 14 Sandbox MMO's that is comming out in 2013 and later, tought for those of you that are sandbox fans this could be usefull :)

ArcheAge is a hybrid MMO it's themepark and some features you would find in a sandbox.

On top of that you left out Age Of Wushu.

We won't see ArcheAge in the west until 2014 at earliest  the first version outside Asia will be Russia.

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Good overview of the various games. Black Deserts looks interesting to me. Thanks for creating this, Zzar!

The Repopulation is the main one on that list that has my interest.

Repop is one of the ones I anticipate the most as well, seeing as how much it reminds me of SWG :)

Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I am excited for Black Deserts and The Repopulation.

I really don't know how black deserts managed to stay hidden this long :)

Originally posted by Niburu
    nice to know, would have liked if you covered wurm and xsyon abit more

I did a few long videos dedicated to thos allready, even though i can't say those vids are particularely informative :)

I wil be making lengthy LP style videos of most of these games, and migth dive back into xsyon and wurm as well.

Originally posted by Nikopol
    Nice video. I'm already interested in Archage, The Repopulation and Origins of Malu. Now I'll keep an eye on Black Deserts, too.

Great :) then it was of some use :)

Originally posted by coretex666

Nice video.

At this point, ArcheAge is most attractive from the games listed, for me.

Am curious if any of these games end up being successful.

Hehe yea, we've seen so many themeparks fail though, perhaps the trend can turn now that we got some new sandboxes launching.

I'm sure archage will do well in asia though.

Originally posted by greenreen

More of an overview than a deep comparison of all mentioned games but still a decent watch.

Hadn't heard of dragon's prophet so learned something :)

Yea, no time for in depth with so many games in one video :) But I will be doing those for most of the games individually as soon as beta doors are opened and NDA's are lifted. :)

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Really good vid: Great way to introduce and grow awareness of these mmorpgs-sandbox.

Suggestions:

• There's Topia Online (KS atm): Really interesting concept.
    • Is Age Of Wushu anywhere near sandbox? Idk.
    Pathfinder Info:

Oh, nice!

did not see those, thanks for the info :)

Originally posted by Kanester

Great vid mate. looking forward to most of them games. There was one I've never heard of, made me go OMG, Black Deserts. Looks amazing, Will have to do some research on it very soon.

2013 Year or the sandbox. :)

That should be a chinese calendar year indeed!

Originally posted by madazz

Just curious, but do you guys ever have doubts in games like Black Desert and ArchAge due to where they are made? I know I do. Very large doubts. I actually can't think of one game from Korea that I really loved. Usually its a pretty cool system and what not but for some reason I feel like the games are hollow. Now don't get me wrong, I'll probably keep an eye on these games (thanks for pointing out Black Desert), but my expectations are very very low.

Either way, thanks for the vid man!

In some ways yes.

I always expect grinding, goldfarms and anime faces when I hear a game is made in asia.

But Let's hope these prove that wrong :)

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

Was poking around the internet and found this

http://sandboxer.org/

Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by Obzzarver

Hey Guys,

ArcheAge is a hybrid MMO it's themepark and some features you would find in a sandbox.

On top of that you left out Age Of Wushu.

We won't see ArcheAge in the west until 2014 at earliest  the first version outside Asia will be Russia.

Hm, I gota admit I never really paied close attention to Wushu, so I was not aware it was a sandbox. Thanks for the feedback, I've allready gotten enough info's from this thread and the comments, to half fill another video on the same subject :) Keep em comming.

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

Good video  - thank you!

Generally it seems like that most of those sandbox games are "hobby projects" - not really enough funding for AAA game - which is shame. Something needs to be done in MMO genre to push it forward - and I think that sandboxes are most natural way to evolve. But with limted budgets there seems to be very high risks that most of those games are either being unplayable (lot's of bugs, poor user interface, poor graphics) or unfun (bad game mechanisms or game world). I would except that most of those game are going to be failures - totally forgotten after couple years. And from that industry beancounters make logical decision that sandbox games are poor investment. 

Hopefully - my favorite - Repopulation survives (really tired to fantasy games).

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

Originally posted by xAPOCx

Was poking around the internet and found this

http://sandboxer.org/

A yes, Ive been following that site for some time, but it is unfortunately not very active. Good old reserach has so far tended to be much faster/better in order to find these games :)

Originally posted by Resetgun

Good video  - thank you!

Generally it seems like that most of those sandbox games are "hobby projects" - not really enough funding for AAA game - which is shame. Something needs to be done in MMO genre to push it forward - and I think that sandboxes are most natural way to evolve. But with limted budgets there seems to be very high risks that most of those games are either being unplayable (lot's of bugs, poor user interface, poor graphics) or unfun (bad game mechanisms or game world). I would except that most of those game are going to be failures - totally forgotten after couple years. And from that industry beancounters make logical decision that sandbox games are poor investment. 

Hopefully - my favorite - Repopulation survives (really tired to fantasy games).

Thank you :)

I understand what you mean, as they are indeed mostly low budget indie games. But I'm stil happy about the way things are evolving right nowm because not more then a year ago there wasn't even low budget, there was no budget.