Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January 7th

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

"To both our Legacy adventurers as well as those eagerly awaiting A Realm Reborn, we hope we can continue relying on your support this new year! (By way of a tip-off, be sure to jot January 7 down on your calendars! :)"  - Yoshi P

Invites? Or open for sign ups?

I'm hoping that Alpha invites might carry over to beta and they would automatically accept some alpha testers back without requiring a selection process.

Comments

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Beta Sign-Ups Begin Janurary 7th.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Im excited, the Alpha test was really good, and the attitude of all the players in the test was very heartwarming, its the kind of MMO community we all search for XD
  • EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Just another milestone for the anticipated release, time flys when you're looking up every forums for information about changes!
  • KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Dragonantis
    Im excited, the Alpha test was really good, and the attitude of all the players in the test was very heartwarming, its the kind of MMO community we all search for XD

Until those that didn't have Legacy status began to complain...

And I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of those people complaining are ones that wrote FFXIV off long ago, probably even forgot about signing up for Alpha, then got invited.  Only to see how much better it has become and now suddenly want Legacy when they had more than 7mo to do so...heh

• Theft82Theft82 Member Posts: 16

I don't see why Alpha testers would not be invited back to the beta. Also did anyone else see that people who registered FFXIII on the Square Enix Members site  would get some sort of priority? Maybe I read it wrong but I cannot find the article.

Edit: Found it, it was on the beta roadmap, saying that people that received and registered code would be given priority for the PS3 beta. Solid.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Originally posted by Theft82

I don't see why Alpha testers would not be invited back to the beta.

The end of the Alpha test opened up the flood gates for just about everyone who signed up to Alpha and had FFXIV Registered on their accounts into the test. That was just a whole lot of people!

Originally posted by TemperHoof

The end of the Alpha test opened up the flood gates for just about everyone who signed up to Alpha and had FFXIV Registered on their accounts into the test. That was just a whole lot of people!

Well I would think they would want more people then was in Alpha for a Beta but I could be wrong. :)

Well I would think they would want more people then was in Alpha for a Beta but I could be wrong. :)

There will be come phase 3 & 4, but similar with the Alpha, they'll be targeting specific things to test and many times having too many people from the start is bad.  The alpha was more or less mostly for stress testing the servers to the point of being able to handle 5000 concurrent users per server and 1000 users in a single zone, which as far I know was successful.  

Beta will be introducing a slew of new changes, specifically graphical in nature as well as allowing content testing up to level 35.  The servers can handle tons of people already so there is no need to have too many right away.  And as for giving we Legacy holders first chance at testing, that tells me they want their most dedicated and loyal base of fans, that stuck with them through the worst times of 1.0 and whom understand best the things that can go wrong with testing new content.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    For those who bought and played the game at launch, yet stopped before getting legacy status, will we be getting a spot in the beta, or just have to sign up and take our chances? thanks.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Originally posted by Khrymson

There will be come phase 3 & 4, but similar with the Alpha, they'll be targeting specific things to test and many times having too many people from the start is bad.  The alpha was more or less mostly for stress testing the servers to the point of being able to handle 5000 concurrent users per server and 1000 users in a single zone, which as far I know was successful.  

Beta will be introducing a slew of new changes, specifically graphical in nature as well as allowing content testing up to level 35.  The servers can handle tons of people already so there is no need to have too many right away.  And as for giving we Legacy holders first chance at testing, that tells me they want their most dedicated and loyal base of fans, that stuck with them through the worst times of 1.0 and whom understand best the things that can go wrong with testing new content.

I totally understand that. I think I will be trying for the ps3 beta, because I think that is where I will be playing it the most.

Originally posted by Toxia
    For those who bought and played the game at launch, yet stopped before getting legacy status, will we be getting a spot in the beta, or just have to sign up and take our chances? thanks.

Yes, at the start of phase 3.  Nor will you have to pay for ARR once it launches.  All prior 1.0 account holders will be given access to a digital DL of the new client.  Everyone else will obviously have to purchase it.  However, should you want to play it on the PS3 instead of PC, you'll have to purchase it, as that won't be given out for free even though you already own it for PC.

ARR is listed on Amazon for PC at $29.99 and for PS3 at $39.99.  

• KingKaioKingKaio Member Posts: 48
    Probably the benchmark a lot of people have been asking for. I'm hoping for an epic trailer and cool artwork.

oooooooooh OR Samurai and Thief Classes/Jobs

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

Will I be able to purchase & download?

If not, they can keep their 1985 business model.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

Originally posted by KingKaio
    Probably the benchmark a lot of people have been asking for. I'm hoping for an epic trailer and cool artwork. oooooooooh OR Samurai and Thief Classes/Jobs

Oh man I am hoping they implement Samurai soon after the game comes out, because that is my JAM!

• EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49

"Will I be able to purchase & download?

If not, they can keep their 1985 business model."

- Couldnt get it to qoute -

Why is this even a question? You can do that for every game now.