Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whos the greatest star wars character of all time?

ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I say Dark Maul followed by Darth Vader.

Will han solo be in the new star wars movie? antyone know?

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Jar Jar Binks.

He went from being a village idiot and petty thief to an army general in less than a year, and if that wasn't enough, he became a major player in intergalactic politics in roughly 10 years, and if that's not enough, he is also directly responsible for the fall of the galactic republic, and if that's still not enough, after the death of padme he became the undisputed ruler of a planet thru his seat in the senate.

That's right, that banished village idiot positioned himself as the ruler of a planet and all of it's people in ten years and following this trend he was probably next in the line of succession after the emperor and vader died.  Which means Jar Jar became the emperor of the galaxy in roughly 30 years!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Darth Sidious.

He singlehandedly overthrew the Old Republic, which had stood for thousands of years and the entire Jedi Order. He sat right in front of Yoda, Windu and other "wise" Jedi, and they never had a clue until it was too late, becoming THE most powerful person of the SW Galaxy ever. And all through mere cunning. I think no fictional villain can top that.

I think that his is THE singlemost epic accomplishment in the Star Wars universe and a heckload of other universes as well.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Oh man, this is a hard one, there are far too many to name!

It'd be hard for me to argue this guy is the best of all time, but I really liked Dash Rendar from the Shadows of the Empire material.

Prince Xizor, Thrawn, Kyle Katarn, Darth Maul (he actually has a pretty interesting story in the EU, read Shadow Hunter!), Nomi Sunrider, Ulic Qel'Droma, Naga Sadow, Talon Karrde, Jagged Fel, Ysanne Isard, Lumiya, wheew there are far too many cool characters to name!

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Hazelle

Jar Jar Binks.

He went from being a village idiot and petty thief to an army general in less than a year, and if that wasn't enough, he became a major player in intergalactic politics in roughly 10 years, and if that's not enough, he is also directly responsible for the fall of the galactic republic, and if that's still not enough, after the death of padme he became the undisputed ruler of a planet thru his seat in the senate.

That's right, that banished village idiot positioned himself as the ruler of a planet and all of it's people in ten years and following this trend he was probably next in the line of succession after the emperor and vader died.  Which means Jar Jar became the emperor of the galaxy in roughly 30 years!

I would have to agree. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

The death star weapons officers.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Darth Vader.

imageimage
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

God I hate the prequels so much and don't care for any extended fiction or whatever they call it. Just talking about what actually counts as Star Wars (the first three films) it would have to be Han Solo because his character had a lot od depth to him that never will exist in a Star Wars movie again.

Fucking Lucas and his CGI bullshit.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

The one I will probably still remember when I'm in an old folks home, my mind almost completely gone? Princess Leia in a bikini and dog collar.

Sorry, but you asked.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

My top ten, in order from greatest to least:

-Grand Admiral Thrawn

-Darth Vader

-Mace Windu

-Han Solo

-Kyle Katarn

-Darth Sidious

-Mara Jade

-Yoda

-Darth Maul

-Luke Skywalker

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• Enshadowed37Enshadowed37 Member Posts: 4

I've got to give it to Mace and Yoda.

Surpass everyone they do. *Yoda Voice*

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Boba Fett owns all those fuckers.

Still pissed to this day about how he bought it in Return of the Jedi. Lamest death for the coolest character....ever....

I remember seeing that as a kid and being pissed to no end XD

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Still pissed to this day about how he bought it in Return of the Jedi. Lamest death for the coolest character....ever....

I never really understood why people feel this way about boba fett.

The only thing Boba fett did sucessfully was follow han solo to cloud city and report it back to vader - the rest of his time onscreen he's a total failure at everything.

His ineptness with his own equipment in ROTJ can be likened to Inspector Gadget.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

I'll go with Solo. Everone else were insiders, to one degree or other, by birth or position.

Solo was an outsider who could have stepped off and gone on about his life.

Yet he chose to throw in, do an about face to his nature, and step up.

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

He didn't die there in the Expanded Universe. He's gone on quite a few adventures since the sarlacc! :)

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Amen brother  ^5

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by MikeB

He didn't die there in the Expanded Universe. He's gone on quite a few adventures since the sarlacc! :)

Which movie was that on...oh..it dont count then  :)

Originally posted by Hazelle

I never really understood why people feel this way about boba fett.

The only thing Boba fett did sucessfully was follow han solo to cloud city and report it back to vader - the rest of his time onscreen he's a total failure at everything.

His ineptness with his own equipment in ROTJ can be likened to Inspector Gadget.

That battle armor scared the dog SH!T out of me as a kid.  The feelings of OMG BS was redouble with Jango's crappy death too

Originally posted by apocoluster

Your loss. ;) The films are a pretty narrow view of the Star Wars universe all things considered. And Lucas himself has used tons of EU stuff in the films.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Originally posted by apocoluster

In terms of quality and consistency, a lot of the material found in the EU fits in better with the Star Wars franchise than the more recent movie trilogy, much less the subsequent tv show. I'd be a lot less careless about dismissing it in favor of only the movie material if I were you. Go pick up a book or three, you may be surprised.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by SoulSurfer

I hate those fury bastards.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Jar Jar Binks.  Everyone has something to say about Jar Jar Binks.
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Originally posted by SoulSurfer

I hate those fury bastards.

I still say ep 6 would have been so much better had they gone with the original plan of hosting the "natives vs empire" battle using the wookies of Kashyyk instead of those things.

Hemingway