Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weather and a sunset and stars ............

2»

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by malrats
    that's pretty dope. I want to give the game a try, but everyone says there's virtually no solo content, especially not past level 20, and I just don't have the time and such to be finding a group for everything. sucks, because this game has always sounded really promising to me and I heard that they're gonna be or already have released new stuff for it after a long development hiatus and maybe even changed the game. I dunno.

wrong on so many lvls..i agree with your assesment before it went f2p but not now..the severs are bouncing and its great to see..this game deserves a decent population..it is a fantastic game..there is about 3 yrs of content in this game without even an expansion.hard to believe this game is still going but it is.i dont think i will ever come across another game has good as this in my lifetime thats for sure..i would love to see a company do something like this again..about 15 races and 19 classes .no game has as much depth has this game that i know of..maybe eq1 or Daoc.i dont think eqnext will get close to this but from all accounts its going to be a sandbox which imo is probably gonna be good.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Weather and a sunset and stars do not a game make....

Don't get me wrong but they do not make vanguard a virtual world which it is not. The characters walk around like they have a stick up their ase the npc's occasonially motor around backword the games so buggy, and then of course theres the time your legs don't move at all and you just float along. monsters frequently walk on water, and the game has serieous instancing (chunking) issue where when you ifinally load into the other side of a zone you find the monsters there have already killed you. Haha so much for seemless.

Now no doubt this will turn into another "Players are running back to vanguard, and the severers are all filling up again" just like whats been posted everytime SoE has consolidated servers (how many are they down to now 3?) But the one full time dev they have as the team for the games developement just isn't gonna able to fix the huge amount of problems the games had ever since launch.

i am probably being harsh though, the game is a ok way to waste about a month and won't cost you much to play till your bored of the bugs and static/lifeless if beautifull world. YMMV, and opinions do differ

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Okay let me puy it another way, yes you can solo to 55 and yes i like soling but Vanguard has some great dungeons. If you are intending to not group then you will miss some great content.

Vanguard has over 90 dungeons, some are small and solo friendly but some will need to be done with a group or even three of you.

Their is not a mmo on the market where you can't solo to top level.

If you really wont to take months to level then turn your xp bar off.

Well, that's an interesting last sentence but I think that's more about your own distaste of soloing than anything else? That's just a little dig there isnt' it?

Nope it's not a dig it's an option lol, who said i don't like soloing?

So what if he keeps his xp bar on? A slow xp crawl is still a gain?

And though I don't have a complete Vanguard experience in that I don't know how every dungeon works, I have gone through dungeons when I was much higher than the dungeon just to see it. In some cases some of those 4 dot mobs still took me to task even though I didn't get much experience (or any) in many cases.

That's my point LOL, unless your doing those dungeons 5+ levels higher your not going to see them if you don't want to group. I remember running my Tuurgin shamy through Dargun's Tomb at level 34 with my 55 Dread Knight leading the way two boxing.

I managed to do it but the last part in that hall was very hard but i manged it. How the hell would you do Dargun's Tomb if you didn't want to group lol.

That's what i mean by missing content.

Of course, at level cap your point will stand as some of those dungeons might just require a group and one will obviously not be able to barrel through on superior stats and levels alone.

As a Monk or Disciple try doing the staff quest Shrine Of The Wind in Craywind Ridge solo. That staff is the staff you can get at that level but unless you group your never going to get it.

Are you telling me that you can solo that quest withing the level range?

See my point?

Well, it seemed liike a dig at soloing but I suppose I was misreading that.

I don't generally do quests in VAnguard, or very few so I can't say. I have done some content that was clearly group content where it would have gone a lot smoother if I had another but I enjoyed the danger of trying to down some of these things on my own.

I suppose it's why I enjoy taking down BAMS in Tera as a lancer, solo.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Okay let me puy it another way, yes you can solo to 55 and yes i like soling but Vanguard has some great dungeons. If you are intending to not group then you will miss some great content.

Vanguard has over 90 dungeons, some are small and solo friendly but some will need to be done with a group or even three of you.

Their is not a mmo on the market where you can't solo to top level.

If you really wont to take months to level then turn your xp bar off.

Well, that's an interesting last sentence but I think that's more about your own distaste of soloing than anything else? That's just a little dig there isnt' it?

Nope it's not a dig it's an option lol, who said i don't like soloing?

So what if he keeps his xp bar on? A slow xp crawl is still a gain?

And though I don't have a complete Vanguard experience in that I don't know how every dungeon works, I have gone through dungeons when I was much higher than the dungeon just to see it. In some cases some of those 4 dot mobs still took me to task even though I didn't get much experience (or any) in many cases.

That's my point LOL, unless your doing those dungeons 5+ levels higher your not going to see them if you don't want to group. I remember running my Tuurgin shamy through Dargun's Tomb at level 34 with my 55 Dread Knight leading the way two boxing.

I managed to do it but the last part in that hall was very hard but i manged it. How the hell would you do Dargun's Tomb if you didn't want to group lol.

That's what i mean by missing content.

Of course, at level cap your point will stand as some of those dungeons might just require a group and one will obviously not be able to barrel through on superior stats and levels alone.

As a Monk or Disciple try doing the staff quest Shrine Of The Wind in Craywind Ridge solo. That staff is the staff you can get at that level but unless you group your never going to get it.

Are you telling me that you can solo that quest withing the level range?

See my point?

I don't generally do quests in VAnguard, or very few so I can't say. I have done some content that was clearly group content where it would have gone a lot smoother if I had another but I enjoyed the danger of trying to down some of these things on my own.

Yeah and i enjoyed taking down BAMs in Tera with my Warrior but we are talking about Vanguard.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    Vanguard is a good game. The problem for me, it felt more like a home then a game. And for me a game must be a game, nothing more. This game was to serious for me. I liked the community though.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by makii
    Vanguard is a good game. The problem for me, it felt more like a home then a game. And for me a game must be a game, nothing more. This game was to serious for me. I liked the community though.

This is understandable and I agree with you that VG is a "home" more than a "game" but that's what I personally want.  There are a lot of "games" on the market but luckily there are still some MMOs worth sticking around for.  IMO Vanguard is the MMO some people complain they wish was on the market.

• Huge open world that you can't possibly see leveling one character.
    • Leveling that takes some time.
    • Many open group areas through every level range per continent but you can also solo through.
    • Questing that is more "satellite" than linear and will take you in different directions.  Not to mention there are various areas in each continent to level at one time.
    • Crafting that is unmatched and can produce higher than quested/grouped gear through every level range.
    • A close community with GMs that will take care of trolls.
    • House/boat building (sub only).
    • Has a mentoring system to play with others and see missed content.

The game is what we thought it would be.  There is something people may not know: It has a dedicated development team now.  They revamped a lot of the starter areas and added City of Brass (end game raid area).  There was recently a design update by Moorgard (yep) stating their plans going forward:

As far as bugs... I'm not going to say it doesn't have any as every MMO has bugs and Vanguard is big game.  That said when I see people say that VG is a bug ridden game I have to question when the last time they played was.  Vanguard's biggest hurdle is going to be getting it's past behind it.  The good news is if there is bugs at least you can bug report it knowing it is being looked at by someone =).
  • TjedTjed Member Posts: 162
    I just read this whole thread and made up my mind.  I'm coming back to this game when I get home tonight.  I might even re roll a fresh new character.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Yeah and i enjoyed taking down BAMs in Tera with my Warrior but we are talking about Vanguard.

And my point stays.

One can challenge themselves with higher level content. I do it in Vanguard all the time. Or... one can approach the dungeons at a higher level just to experience them. Of course, you don't get the same xp or any xp but as a tourist or as a role player, one can enjoy them.

of course, your point stands in that once one gets higher level, closer to cap, then one won't be able to steamroll through that content as you won't be able to approach it as a superior level.

but then again, it depends on whether one is a completist and wants to do all the content or if one is content at just "being" in the world.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I've had such a love/hate relationship with the game over the years. For instance, I too love the stars and sky! But I hate the way it resets my resolution to some random setting every time I start up.