Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No chat bubbles again ?

1234568»

Comments

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Justin9820
    OMG did you really just blame your lack of socializing on a lack of chat bubbles????

YES HE DID!

but seriously chat bubbels do not fit in a game like darkfall for many reasons.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by winghaven1
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by corpusc
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

If you use the queue as an example, the chat bubbles would pile up on your screen and never disappear only add more until you had no hope of seeing anything.  

here you go with the #1 recurring logic fail in the thread....

even if this DID happen.....

how is this gonna be a problem for people who use the OPTION to turn it off?

You can cry about it all you want, its not going to happen. Why should AV bother coding a feature that really adds nothing to the game and will be disabled by a majority of players?

It's FAIRLY obvious. By that I mean it's literally infront of your eyes--obvious that there is a part of the community, maybe not big (but that's highly irrelevant) that want chat bubbles.

If you don't like chat bubbles you can easily just turn them off.

How is the percentage of people wanting a feature irrelevent? image  Obviouly AV deems it too small to bother adding chat bubbles, now get over it.

Just turn it off? So you want AV to keep the current system, then code a seperate "chat bubble" feature that runs in tandum but only for area chat? They had enough trouble with the current system and dont need to waste resources on chat fluff.

ME!ME!ME!

BTW, your signature seems rather fitting. lol

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

How is the percentage of people wanting a feature irrelevent? image  Obviouly AV deems it too small to bother adding chat bubbles, now get over it.

Just turn it off? So you want AV to keep the current system, then code a seperate "chat bubble" feature that runs in tandum but only for area chat? They had enough trouble with the current system and dont need to waste resources on chat fluff.

ME!ME!ME!

One thing you are forgetting...

Tasos - Aventurine  - Fun Hulks

It doesn't have to make sense.  image

Originally posted by xzyax

ME!ME!ME!

One thing you are forgetting...

Tasos - Aventurine  - Fun Hulks

It doesn't have to make sense.  image

They'd be added if they were finished image

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    think mo has chat bubbles so i see no real reason why DF cant have them.

Unlike MO, Darkfall supports large scale battles. Can you imagine a few hundred people with chat bubbles? FAIL!

mo's chat bubbles only appear on close proximity.

not sure what it is but something certainly feels missing in darkfall. Theres 0 communication between players you meet in the world. Whilst i love pvp and will be playing darkfall as a pvp game. It doesnt feel like an rpg in that there is no roleplay. It wasnt common in MO but compared to darkfall its lush.

I kinda miss the discusion from uo and mo about trading items in towns or going to tame a horse etc... In darkfall you just do oyur own thing or hroup up with your guild for pvp. Not played DF UW a whole lot yet though due to the bugs. But its just the impression i get, its a very lonely world if you were to play it alone, its kinda like everyone outside the guild is an unamed unknown enemy that you have no connection with, like in any typical arena fps.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I hate chat bubbles. 

When I decide to play comic book online... then sure throw some chat bubbles in.

• bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381

Ventrillo, Mumble - for people who want immersion

I don't see what the big deal against including chat bubbles, as long as they only work with /say and  are toggle-able

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by bongloads

Ventrillo, Mumble - for people who want immersion

These tools are immersion breakers. Warz, Dayz, they did it right. You can speak to anyone in public who is near you with your mic. I can't blame DF if they can't implement the same system in game, but saying that vent is for ppl who wants immersion must be coming from someone who never used it in counter strike (The irony is that DF is set in a medieval fantazy world, not steampunk  while its suppose to be immersion for counter strike or any modern war games)

Public chat is as real as real life. Limited range to receive the words. Wow use yell for the rpers. Bubble chats wakes you up. 30 minutes later, you dont have to msg the guy in public just to tell him that you missed his words when you were not even afk. It works for MO, so i dont see why not for DF.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• MookzenMookzen Member Posts: 18

Having to take your eyes off the game to consult the chat every time someone communicates is just straight up bad game design.

Originally posted by Mookzen

Having to take your eyes off the game and consult the chat every time someone communicates is just straight up bad game design.

Using any chat to communicate in a game like DF is a bad decision.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Having to take your eyes off the game and consult the chat every time someone communicates is just straight up bad game design.

Now we know, we can ignore your upcoming post in that game. Thanks for the insight.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Now we know, we can ignore your upcoming post in that game. Thanks for the insight.

I'm sorry if effective communication (voice) kills your cyber fun. You try to coordinate a battle with chat. LOL