Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

give me something worth playing

Is there something wrong with grinding? a feeling of cummunity and accomplishment? I havent played a game in years that i havent lvled so fast and got tired of it within a couple months.

Me and my wife are playing GW2 right now and i have to say its one of the most boring games i have played other than the WvW..we do enjoy that part of the game..but even it gets boring..its not like DAOC where you had a reason to defend keeps and relics.

Where are the games like EQ1..i loved the death penalty and the grind in that game..i still remember friends in game names from EQ1 and DAOC....but i couldnt tell you one persons name in the last game (Aion) that me and the wife layed for about 8 months..and i wont remember anyone from GW2 when i quit it...its just sad we dont have games that are fun to log into anymore.

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

"Cummunity" just sounds wrong image

Vendetta Online is worth playing.  As a small example why, I give you this thread:

http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/1/26843

You can also grind to your heart's content.  VO features what others have called an "infinite advancement system" revolving around 5 license categories.  Yes, you actually have to play the game to improve your licenses.

Let me know what licenses you have achieved after a couple months.  I've spent 50 days, 11 hours, 9 minutes, 27 seconds jacked in and have gained licenses 14/13/11/12/9

I also managed to score my 1000th PK last night.  You must be logged in to follow that link, so make an account already! image

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    rofl u find GW2 boring? it's the best game on the market right now. there is no hope for u. 
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by umie214
    rofl u find GW2 boring? it's the best game on the market right now. there is no hope for u. 

for me is boring too after 300h

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Guess theres no hope for me either. Im bored to death with GW2.
  • AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by sparr

Is there something wrong with grinding? a feeling of cummunity and accomplishment? I havent played a game in years that i havent lvled so fast and got tired of it within a couple months.

Me and my wife are playing GW2 right now and i have to say its one of the most boring games i have played other than the WvW..we do enjoy that part of the game..but even it gets boring..its not like DAOC where you had a reason to defend keeps and relics.

Where are the games like EQ1..i loved the death penalty and the grind in that game..i still remember friends in game names from EQ1 and DAOC....but i couldnt tell you one persons name in the last game (Aion) that me and the wife layed for about 8 months..and i wont remember anyone from GW2 when i quit it...its just sad we dont have games that are fun to log into anymore.

Goldeneye on N64

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    What is going on here? According to 2-3 guys on these very forums we are in an MMO golden age.... 
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Well, I'm playing WoW but I can't talk about it. I have tons of fun and I'm not alone. And guess what? It doesn't cost me a dime.

I hope Arche Age will be the game worth to sub again.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Vanguard. If you want a game like EQ but newer Vanguard has that feel. I'm in the same boat with MMOs feeling the same, even EQ2 gets that way though I really like it, and Vangurd just feels "bigger" and has a lot of open area group spots for xp grinding if that's what you want to do.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by madazz
    What is going on here? According to 2-3 guys on these very forums we are in an MMO golden age.... 

There are always the hater. Even a super successful movie like the Avenger cannot please everyone. THAT is what is happening here. 

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

There are always the hater. Even a super successful movie like the Avenger cannot please everyone. THAT is what is happening here. 

No, that's not what's happening here, lol. What's going on, is we have before us a genre that has been stagnating for years now. Too many games with little to no quality and zero passion behind them. People are growing increasingly bored and in greater numbers year after year. And it's going to get much worse before it gets better. Ultimately though, I think it's for the best.

P.S. it's called The Avengers.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

No, that's not what's happening here, lol. What's going on, is we have before us a genre that has been stagnating for years now. Too many games with little to no quality and zero passion behind them. People are growing increasingly bored and in greater numbers year after year. And it's going to get much worse before it gets better. Ultimately though, I think it's for the best.

P.S. it's called The Avengers.

No .. what your said is not true. In fact, the MMO market is growing.

http://www.newzoo.com/press-releases/global-mmo-games-spending-exceeds-12bn/

"The year-on-year growth in Western markets ranges from 14% in the US to 24% in Germany totaling $2.9bn and $700m respectively"

The only thing that is growing is the MMO market.

[mod edit]

Of course ... what else can you say unless you ignore the facts? The MMO market is shrinking? There are fewer MMO players in 2012 than 2011? P2P is coming back?

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

If you're on Windows I suggest Start > Programs > Games > Internet Checkers

The PVP is intense, perma death, and you level up by taking down one mans at a time.

I'm kiddin'.

I'm with you tho'. I liked how EQ was more about exploring the world rather than being a spoke jumping around a hub. Quests were epic when you ran across one. There were some tasky areas like turning in goblin ears at High Keep for 7 levels or so. But they were special and unique rather than "datz how u lvl noobs". 

The next 2 or 3 years should prove pivitol at the genre offering more world and less hand holding. I hope.

a yo ho ho

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    [mod edit]

Of course ... what else can you say unless you ignore the facts? The MMO market is shrinking? There are fewer MMO players in 2012 than 2011? P2P is coming back?

All you do is enter a thread with an opinion that differs from your own and state that the other peoples wants are wrong because some sort of made up majority in your head that you construe from numbers you don't even understand says otherwise.

Stop trying to stifle people. They have a right to voice discontent. I know it must be annoying you as so many threads show disapointment in today's games that you love so dearly, but its a fact. Get over it. Their opinions aren't wrong. Its just stupid video games and everyone has a right to voice what kind they want without some nutjob entering a thread and telling them that they shouldn't get their wish due to such and such factor.

Over x-mas it was nice seeing posts that were more constructive than usual, but I guess that time is over now eh?

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by davc123
    Originally posted by umie214

for me is boring too after 300h

Wow, 300 hours.. Ive got bored to death with GW2 after only 10.

Anyways, Im playing Age of Wushin (russian server) and having a blast. Most unique MMORPG in years, and the best PvP MMORPG since EVE Online (can only laugh at GW2's WvWvW after this).

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I agree with the OP.   Old fashioned grind-fest games are actually better long term.  It makes people actually work for things.  I also identify with getting really bored with games that you level up really fast in.
  • MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

when i played wow i couldnt wait to hit the level cap... so i can do dungeons and raids mwohoho!

25m raids are ozum :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com