Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Warhammer...

2»

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

If it goes buy to play yes, but if those idiots put the same sort of free to play restrictions in like they dis swtor, I could care less.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    I would if they had some benefits for prior subscribers, very good pvp

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I dont think it would come back. I am a Warhammer player too (Wood Elf Pride) however i dont feel that the game is Warhammer. This is a IP that could become one hell of a Sandbox title. If you actually made the races with their own home cities and no alliances unless things naturally go that way. i would like to play a Wood Elf as they are written, Leave us alone we will leave you alone. Not Wait they are human/elf we must run to their beck and call.

In short, No unless the game is released as a sandbox with me  being able to scream at people to stay out of my forest.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Dony07Dony07 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Yes i would certainly come back to WAR if they switch to B2P or F2P.

I loved the PVP in WAR and had lots of fun at keeps sieges.

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131
    Hell yeah!  somthing about war is just epic fun especially when it did have a pop, and the pvp omg  love it(:! their is so much lore with warhammer allot more can be done content wise game cant die know! o no :(
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

If Warhammer Online goes f2p or b2p will you come back? 

I have to say that the only reason i stopped playing was the low population! I still hope they will follow the common sense....

No thanks. Low population is what turned me away after I went back but developer lies and denials are what drove me away initially and  their attitudes have not really changed at all in that regard.

Saying game mechanics are working as intended when the community clearly proves they are not working at all with evidence repeatedly and then locking threads and threatening people is a great way to drive your game into the toilet which is exactly what they did.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by TheCrow2k

Saying game mechanics are working as intended when the community clearly proves they are not working at all with evidence repeatedly and then locking threads and threatening people is a great way to drive your game into the toilet which is exactly what they did.

The dreaded "working as intended" scenario.  I didn't know WAR had that happen, but I never followed it that closely.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

No, but if they made the game run as smooth as WoW I would pay a subscription to play it. Warhammer was alot of fun for awhile but the awful performance of the game with desynching etc made me leave.

I get sad thinking about it because I'm convinced WAR with a great game engine would have held alot of subscribers. With those resources, years of development and some big budget expansions the game could have been awesome right now.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

B2P Absolutley 100% without a doubt. Like others have said, "This games holds some of my fondest memories of PvP ever." I'd want my old account back though. Only game Ive ever played and had my account deleted to save/make space. Only collecters edition of any game that I truely cherish too.

As F2P I doubt it. It already had this kind of f'd up cash shop. And I'd doubt they'd make it better.

I kept this games 20ish gigs on my hard drive for 3+ years hoping beyond hope they would clean it up. And they did, came back and thats when I found out about my account.

I miss my Sorc and Blorc, my Zealot (1st and only healer that I enjoyed playing), I miss the Dark Elf story line. God these guys are fucking evil. I miss the Tome of Knowladge, I miss all the funky titles you could earn, I miss the plungers, I miss the hidden unlocks, I miss my engineer, and my White Lion, I miss morales, and slotting tactics, (this game still has more depth than any new MMO released), I miss my guild, and the friends I made.

I could go on, and I would except Im getting sad.

To put it in perpective, this is what I miss from WoW.

I miss my friends, I miss when the game was fun and not a progression-bar grind.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162

If they do the following and more people came back I would:

- Give renown only if you kill other players. Don't give it to players taking empty keeps and objectives. The more keeps one side have the more renown they get. Just to make sure people take the keeps. Give the same bonus to players defending or taking a keep if they kill opponents.  

- Gear balance. Don't let it be too huge difference in the different tiers of gear. New players won't stay if the highranked can kill them easily without tactic just because they are geared well.  

- Not sure if they did this, but balance the guard/brightwizard AOE combo, with a warriorpriest healing the whole group like crazy standing out of sight. Same goes with the chaos version of it of course. It was ridocolous how fast masses of enemies went down when you had a few of that combos in a group/raid.

- A third faction would be cool, but quite hard to achieve now I assume.

- Lower the number of frontiers. We want war and the fewer frontiers the more action.

- Put in a few more classes so that old and new players have something to look forward to leveling up. And while doing this don't go the DAOC-way of overpowering new classes to make more people want to play them.  

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    If it is a good B2P or F2P model (looking at TSW, GW2 and Aion) then yes. If they go for a cash grab like SoE and SWTOR, no thanks.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    tbh I was already tempted to go back but meh.. to me Guild Wars 2 is much like WAR in alot of aspects (don't start flaiming fanboys, I think you know what I mean if you actually compared most of the game) and of course GW2 is more modern in gameplay and graphics.  I think I would still play it if it went f2p or b2p (of course to me b2p isn't alot different to f2p cus I already bought it :-P ) but this was asked for before and never happened, I don't see it happening before they actually pull the plug on it which imo would be a shame cus the game does have potential regardless of the negaitve views of some players.

imageimage

• shawn19606shawn19606 Member UncommonPosts: 29

I like the PVP in  WAR a lot. Raiding Keeps, dumping oil on peoples heads, knocking down doors with battering rams , ect. Defending was even better, getting a rally call going and getting others to try to get in the keep to defend while the other faction tried to guard the entrances. PVE was bad though. Mobs respawning before you even killed the original. Being stuck alot in the environment. Invisible mobs in PQs and instances, ect.  I would consider going back if it was B2P but I dunno. I can't see this game making itself relevant after 4 years. There is a first time for everything though.

• KuroiKuroi Member UncommonPosts: 29

Hell yes!

Best pvp mmo hands down.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I'm sure a lot of players would come back if it went F2P.  Then after about an hour of playing they would remember why they left in the first place and quit again.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

No, because it wasn't very much like DAOC back when it launched, and I doubt it's very much like DAOC today.

As somone else said, make DAOC F2P and I'd likely check it out from time to time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    If it went F2P, it would be so restrictive, that it would require you to pay out more in the cash shop to be a competitive PvP player.  When will people realise that most F2P games require you to spend money to have the full experience of a game?
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

If it went B2P I'd definitely give it another go. F2P, depends how it would be implemented. If it was anything like SWTOR's version of F2P not a chance, if it was a la carte content like LotRO's I probably would.

Back in the day we had a seventy member guild but like nearly every other sub based game I've played for the past seven years, I think we all enjoyed it initially but weren't impressed enough to continue paying a monthly sub for it. By the end of the third month, everyone, including myself had quit.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Warhammer Online got some of the Art right, the PVP idea was good.
    However it was lacking in the substance for ME. Combat feeled like a herp derp purple particle fest and ruined any flair.

My Dwarf may had bad-ass looking axes and looked rough on the edges, but the skills hammering, animation and combat system feeled like two kids throw nerf plush Axes at each other in a Warehouse kids corner.

This is not WAR, i don't want this even for free :)

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    I would surely give it another try. 

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Hell ya, this games pvp is awesome.
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Originally posted by Kyleran

No, because it wasn't very much like DAOC back when it launched, and I doubt it's very much like DAOC today.

As somone else said, make DAOC F2P and I'd likely check it out from time to time.

Now THIS is THE REASON why I keep saying that they shouldn't have remodelled the game to meet DAoC fans' dreams. They basically shoehorned the RvR in and called it the day. They should've made Warhammer unique. Shame.

Apparently the game was going to be Battlefronts only because Mythic wanted to keep RvR for DaoC, but then they were bought by EA who had different ideas and forced them to shoehorn in some sort of pseudo RvR, half done.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

I started playing this game again a month ago and I'm having a blast but it does have many flaws and I understand why people aren't coming back:

1) It's run by EA and they seem to have left it to rot (no advertisement, no major update, nothing newsworthy ever comes out WAR anymore).

2) It's a 2 faction RvR system with its inevitable population imbalance.

3) There's nothing else to do but PvP, no fluff. There's crafting but just for pots and sockets, not gear.

4) It's P2P + cash shop. That's completely retarded if u ask me, for a game that already has a foot and a half in the grave.

5) It's a gear grind themepark with zero sandbox elements and zero persistence to your actions. You flip zones then they reset, then you do it over again...OK.

6) It's not competitive (ie: no ladders, rankings etc). For a PvP centric MMO, that's pretty lame.

7) Although the graphics and art are amazing, animations remain clunky and sub par. After you've been spoiled by WoW animations, some here can be hard to digest.

Note I didn't put low population as a negative because both servers are very active at primetime and on weekends in T3/T4.