Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't like FPS being associated with MMORPG.

• WraithoneWraithone Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 3,601Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lexin
    Still have yet to see a single shred of evidence linking violence with video games of any kind. Just because someone says it causes it they have no proof and are just looking for a scapegoat. Violence has to do with your brain and not your game.

Many people take the "Monkey see, monkey do"  perspective.  Without of course taking into account the difference between most monkies and humans (there is some slight over lap...^^).  Not to mention there is a certain amount of projection in many of these peoples perceptions.  Mix that in with emotional manipulation "Its for the CHIL-DE-REN!!" and you have the reason much of this nonsense keeps getting repeated.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,761Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I'd love to know what video games, films and rock music people were into in Victorian times when we had a considerably higher murder rate.

Violent Shakespearean plays, of course :P Don't you know children were not allowed into R-rated, ultra violent Hamlet.

• FamfritFamfrit Toledo, OHPosts: 12Member
    I hate this thread.