It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I just went back to the TERA website to do a little digging and review, I did buy the collectors of this game, had problems with accepting their EULA because the Agreement site on the back of the manual was an invalid link, and a lot of mslead into believe that I would have full access to the game and unlimited customizations for my monthly fee I was wrong.
If you want to play Tera or like it, or are a Fan of TERA, it is up to you, but this is the reason I don't play it right here.
These three links, I am required to buy items if I want to enjoy my game my way, I would rather be playing APB Reloaded if it wasn't for gamers first owning the game.
Yes I do believe they have "Chrono Scroll" But still I want freedom to customize like EVE Online.
Oh and these cosmetic items on their site Should be "Account Bound" & Unlimited use not one per character or some crazy thing like this no point in that.
I remember the promise with combat arms that the game would always be fair and fun for F2P and P2P players but this was ruined when they added specialists.
Vindictus another big failure they can add VELLA all they like to try to lure new players into the game, but if you look at it its Pay 2 Enjoy sure its free you can play the game looking very ugly if you want or you can probabily like over $500 to unlock all the items slots per account, customize a character unlock every hair so you can freely customize as you please and good lord. Plus lets not forget all the banned accounts and failure of Nexon to respond to consumers fast enough they were banned without reason too.
3. Gamers First
Fallen Earth, Lack of GM support needless to say you can GRIEF people all day and have fun doing it back when I played you could faction kill people in PVP zones over and over again no concequences. You report the people harassing you on their own forums, or in game nothing happens. But when a clan has Hazmat friends and they report you for making somewhat a racist comment You get IMMEDIATELY banned for like a week ( NO Warning.) Now this game has so many unfair advantages in cash shop its not even worth playing and if you enjoy Fallen Earth you sohuld play The Secret World.
APB reloaded isn't as bad of GM's so far, but I feel that APB reloaded again just isn't my type of game spend hundreds of dollars for guns.
The other general problem with gamers first is management sucks the reason I currently do not actively play games by their company.I originally Liked APB reloaded before G1 took control problem I see is Gamers First doesn't know how to run a business and keep its customers happy.
4. Perfect World, I really get sick of the conversion system how confusing it is convert your Real Life money to Gold I think it was then convert these to Leafs, or some other currency for games. No problem with customer service so far just the game and everything in the cash shop is priced too high not worth my Dollar.
5. Age OF Conan, It was listed as a ADULT- MMORPG, yet I could never get hooked into it for it being such it didn't feel like it, armors covered everything combat felt boring.
7. The Secret World, Police Station area starting out lags like hell, Customization costs Real Money except for in game items and sucks for the most part even Buy 2 Play they could have done way better.
8. Lineage 2, Aion, NCsoft is a failure of a company your Lineage 2 Account gets compromised because of their failure of security they do nothing at all. My account was safe for years unitl it went F2P then mysteriously lost every item worth value, and now the Cash Shop in both games is my god Pay 2 ENJOY Give me a flat rate and I would play a game since security was updated better but not something insane.
9. SWTOR, Massive FAILURE, lack of customization, FREE 2 Play benefits too restricting, OverAll the game needs major improvements, and again tab target style its meh. I know this game has its fan's but when I see some good improvements I will give it another try.
On a note.
It really would be wise of FunCom, & BioWare/SWTOR Devs, if they would look at deviant art and put some of that into their games instead of putting crappy armors, hair that looks like plastic even in max graphics its like GRR.
10. I really wouldn't call this a MMORPG, but since they call themselves such I will list it. NoR, is a so called MMORPG in Second Life their official site LandOfNoR.com
Anyways to be specific this MMORPG has so many problems its not funny. GM Corruption to the highest I have ever seen taking sides with other players and people who actually pay over the Free Players. Helping CopyBotters from illicit sites to cheat in their community and copy avatars illegally which ruins not only their community but the merchants who work hard and others in SL. This is usually done under the table, but GM's take no one seriously when its reported they will listen to their friends and friends of friends lies rumors and not even investigate.
The worst part is their Update, or Meter called Unity Core Combat System/Meter The meter illegally logs peoples IP's without any agreement, or Terms OF Service actually provided on wearing the meter I have had friends come to me scared because they worse the meter and this community found out their alternate accounts. Their ability to ban people from a meter as I have read from their site it proves the meter collects information without consent the even scary part is the fact that Viewer 2 uses and requires Java, and they could exploit this to compromise the identity of users a lot worse maybe even an account. Yes I know IP address alone isn't private but still they grief you.
Either way if you are a SL player I would avoid this so called MMORPG all together due to the Drama, and even if you just play there you are helping Griefers because there are bots that sit in this sim copying entire avats and sharing them so it effects the community as a whole. This will all be denied by their STAFF, and GM's of course. But I have played there and experienced the issues first hand not including what others have seen or experienced.
6. I feel the next biggest flops in MMO history maybe the following but only time will tell.
1. The War Z > I feel it will be a failure because of the management team last time I heard death time was 24 hours, and even death as 1 hour some people die a freaking lot especially being a new player, campers are a big problem they just dont seem to use their brains to develop properly.
2. Absolute Force Online >, I feel their Game will be a faiure because of how much the cash shop costs how expensive the game is right now they don't seem to listen much live support offline a lot of the time. Other than that the admin, and moderator on the forum seem pretty chill usually.
3. Fire Fall > Too many bugs, do what kill aliens all day? Characters do look too cartoony, hair looks unreal.
Keep in mind these three games are still in Beta, but I honestly have my doubts in them they could be good or they could be a failure it really depends on a lot.
Current List of non failures. ( Short List of what I believe wasn't such a failure.)
1. Guild Wars 2, I dont exactly love the game to me it gets boring dungeons having to have groups to constantly run them of course it gets boring after awhile. However they did their cash shop properly for the most part you do not have to use any real life money everything can be obtained for low costs. This could change. The only thing I somewhat dislike is the cost to customize characters but again this is fairly cheap and easy to get with in game gold, and again its Free 2 Play, and no where as expensive as Nexon, Perfect World, or TERA.
2. EVE Online, PLEX again another step in the right direction, FREE Unlimited customization except for resulpt no charge to change my hair as much as I want or such its great. Currently I have 3 EVE accounts.
3. Dark Fall, was another MMO that offered Barber Shops unlimited customizations.
4. WOW I believe it was the same way here.
5. League OF Legends. (Excluding Trolls, and Tribunal of course, that makes this game bad.) gameplay wise however it seems good to me, and the cash shop isn't pay 2 win or pay 2 enjoy.
6. Tribes Ascend/ Global Agenda, although it lacks good content for me to want to stay around much.
In general I am tired of all these so called F2P MMORPG's that feel like they are Pay 2 Enjoy instead of Free 2 Play, I just can't stand playing them. I am also sick of all these so called MMORPG's that are being released run by poor community, GM's, or developed very poorly including cash shops which absolutely suck.
For those who think I am too negative, I would honestly rather have something good to say but there are very few MMORPG, or MMO's out there that give me something to say good about a MMORPG, make me like it I will recommend and give it a thumbs up.
Keep in mind these are just my 2 cents, I know every game has its fans, or people who like it so if you like it good, but these are the reason I don't play many titles or spend much money in them.