Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New video

PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Nothing new but just to hype up open beta

http://youtu.be/wOVw8mgGuvQ

Comments

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Nice video, really sets ArcheAge apart from everything else.  NA and EU release can't get here soon enough.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Torturing me imageimage

Really been looking forward to this one.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The game looks great.

Much more importantly, however, are the features.  As opposed to the slight variations on the same theme/gameplay we've been getting from themeparks in the genre, AA looks like it will actually be different in a way that counts.

Still looking foward to this, though an NA release is still probably a year or two away.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

It looks pretty damn good.

But remember everyone: No game these days is ever as good as the hype videos. Don't disappoint yourself by giving into hype before trying it yourself. Keep that excitement on the back burner.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by coretex666

I hope the game will be as refreshing as the videos indicate. I am so fed up with the "Standard MMO" form (SWTOR, WoW, GW,...)

Also hoping for the regular 15 USD / Month business model....and an early release ofc :).

It is refreshing in the sense you feel unrestricted. It's still got tab combat system and gear system that we're used to which I personally have no problem with but there's a certain aspect that makes the game feel vintage. I remember at level 10 I stopped leveling and just ventured round the entire accessible world and joined up with friends and went sailing. You kind of drop the 'i need to level as fast as possible' mentality because the world is so huge, there is no scoreboard, no things you need to do first (except maybe securing a plot of land for a house), there's going to be so many clans all doing different things it'll make for a diverse game world.  

What I find important is the developers have stated that they want players to have things to do at max level, they want to work on the activites to keep people interested rather than spend remaining time on maybe diverse quests at low levels. I mean obviously it would be nice if an MMO could be launched with all the features we can think of but it seems to take so long.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Looks good but it is another one of those "actual footage" type of videos that is never seen in game.

How often have you seen a PC walk. . or emote while chopping a tree.  All of this with the HUD removed and no floaty names.

I wish people played like this but add hotbars etc and speed all the movement up by about 4X etc .and that is what the game will look like. . still good though :)  I am looking forward to trying this game out.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Great vid.  Makes me wonder how big the client will be and what the hardware requirements are.  Tons of artwork.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    We just have to be patient people. Finally a real mmo!
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by XAPGames
    Great vid.  Makes me wonder how big the client will be and what the hardware requirements are.  Tons of artwork.

Just 18GB for OBT, the textures have been "optimized" as XLgames said. Hardware specs nothing special, for example CBT5 on my 4CoreCPU, 260GTX, 6GB RAM was running smoother than GW2.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

looks great, i wonder what people can do with polygons :)

So what is different in ArcheAge ?

It looks like Conan's age of the Rings and we had a church in AO 10 years ago already.

What is really different to the mainstream in ArcheAge ?

• wutaewutae Member UncommonPosts: 74
    you all are losing the main point, this is a sandbox, but more than sandbox it's a pvp game, in all pvp games, there was always sthing that companies failed to do, and that was rewarding pvpers. DAoC had rps, WoW at begin had a hardcorefarming with awesome gear "vanilla" but all other games FAILED to make pvpers stay and keep doing pvp,, what AA does ? Anyone can answer on this question plx?

The tip for
    The win is
    cooperation.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Dare I say, The Perfect MMO?

Can't wait for this.

• SubL_JediSubL_Jedi Member UncommonPosts: 75

This game is what we hardcore mmmoers been waiting for!

Now Playing: Guild Wars 2/ Diablo 3

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Kanester

Dare I say, The Perfect MMO?

Can't wait for this.

Perfect MMO? Have you played it?...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~