Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I ran into that mmorpg guy that loves to irritate you in games, at a Gamestop today.

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Thanks for wasting 20 seconds of my life with BS. Can see why the community is so screwed up lately.
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Apart from the OP spending way too much time trying to convince everyone ( and himself ) how manly he is, because of all the manly things he owns ( lol ), it is not a bad WoW fan fiction attempt really.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Axxar
    The story is true. I was the guy he pummeled. I've since stopped spamming nonsense in MMOs.

Almost as funny as the OP.

The OP reminds me of the roleplaying crazies on EQ2. Good for a laugh, but as believable as a politician.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    too much cliché in this story, 7/10

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by Crydex
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I took my son to Gamestop today to get him a new WiiU controller.

I dont like the WiiU but he needed a extra controller.

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

They laughed and walked away.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

He apologized and I was later arrested.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

OP,

Let me premise my advice by saying that, from your story, these assholes certainly needed a reality check.

With that said, If your story is true you need to immediatly remove this post.  Although three men were coming at you this post does not demonstate you feared for your safety or the safety of your child.  It also shows that the three aggressors posessed no weapons, and by your admission, you used a weapon.  You also began to use deadly force by delivering "[...]heavy blows to his skull."   Without going into the nitty gritty of law enforcement and legal politics, you are going to lose and lose bad if their lawyer finds this.

... and then you quote his entire post. And then I quote both. He's screwed :)

P.S.: unlike a worrying number of people here, I actually realize that story isn't true :D What is wrong with you guys, seriously.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

1. At least make the story sound beliveable

2. WTF is a "brazier"?

2. a metal container of burning coals or something, often used for barbecues apparently.... either that or a really bad spelling of brassiere which.. isan item of clothing usually worn by a woman..  i say usually.. outside of drag queens and people with unusual interests.. image

A brassiere is any bra. Any. It's a play on the term "bra" that "youth" used in the story. It's actually pretty clever.

• LethalElementLethalElement Member Posts: 9
    I call BS.
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Congrats OP! I've done worse for lesser reasons!

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by bigcheeseuk

Sorry bro, but on a real Fantasy Island the women don't wear tops!

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    i would have beat them in the moment they laughted on my children, regardless the place, but fortunately you made it after, Good job. this kind of people need some of that from to time to time to start cultivating a more relaxed attitude.

• zephyrszephyrs Member UncommonPosts: 27

Sigh.. What a BS story.

But, if by some stroke of idiocy this is legit, you must be one of the stupidest people ever to:

1. Get into a fight with someone over a video game; especially in front of your kid. What a great example. 
    2. Admit to assault on an Internet forum.
    I wish I had your imagination. At least I hope this is all a manifestation of your imagination. Otherwise, I feel sorry for you.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

What a load of bullshit

If you have to make up a story OP, don't make it so cheesy.

"I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms".........lol I can't stop laughing

It is not a cool story.............bra image

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,742
    I loved it, putting my request in now for the next installment to be about how he beat up some GW2 bra's while spending time inside for putting down the last...erm hater. :D
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

ITT: People who....

You know what? Forget it.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

you sir r a real man! Good for you to stand up agians these punks that infest our world. I too have a son and if i seen/heard anyone making fun of him or anything they would get a baseball bat to the head. When anythign taht involves my son i dont give 2 shits what happens to me as long as i can punish thouse who try to hurt him. 

This is why i always carry a bat in my vehicles :p

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    I do believe I've encountered some drunks with massive beer muscles have a more realistic view of things than some posters on these boards.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

I am pretty sure now that sarcasm and satire is something completely lost on majority of mmorpg.com users. 

*shakes head*.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Thats my cool story bra.

"I eat fish and drive a truck! Time to beat you up over an outdated game!"

Funny post.  I hope you keep more of those coming.

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I am pretty sure now that sarcasm and satire is something completely lost on majority of mmorpg.com users. 

*shakes head*.

Doubtful

I think most just think it is remarkably unfunny and simply lame.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

coolstory bro

Tell me how you went home quietly after leaving the store while secretly wishing to punch them

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

*shakes head*.

Doubtful

It is lame if you are unable to see that he is making fun of stereotypes that are often  attached to those who play video games. As well as concept of online bullying and in game threats that sometime extend to real life. 

However, if you read 8 pages you would realise that majority is caling OP's story as 'bullshit' and 'unbelievable' ..rofl!!

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

*shakes head*.

Doubtful

It is lame if you are unable to see that he is making fun of stereotypes that are often  attached to those who play video games. As well as concept of online bullying and in game threats that sometime extend to real life. 

However, if you read 8 pages you would realise that majority is caling OP's story as 'bullshit' and 'unbelievable' ..rofl!!

Man, I think you are overstimating OP intentions

Its like looking at a 4 chan post and trying to see implicit critic

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Does anyone still shop at GameStop? Through my life it was consistently the absolute WORST company to do business with. I REFUSE to go to another one or order online from them. They single handedly made me favor STEAM and direct purchase from game official sites. I could write a ton of bad on this bunch from in store to online dealings.  If nothing else, bless Gabe Newell for ensuring I never have to visit another GameStop...

It is fairly obvious for anyone to see that was his intent. Where it becomes lame is that it simply isn't funny and others in the past have done a much smarter and more satirical twist on the subject matter. Without being so transparent on the subject matter.

...and I'm with dinams. I think you're giving the OP more credit on his implication than was meant.

This discussion has been closed.