Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I ran into that mmorpg guy that loves to irritate you in games, at a Gamestop today.

Comments

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I took my son to Gamestop today to get him a new WiiU controller.

I dont like the WiiU but he needed a extra controller.

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

They laughed and walked away.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

He apologized and I was later arrested.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

I lost it right here. Started laughing my ass off so hard. Good story.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202

So..did you get the Pandaria strategy guide or what?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

1. At least make the story sound beliveable

2. WTF is a "brazier"?

2. a metal container of burning coals or something, often used for barbecues apparently.... either that or a really bad spelling of brassiere which.. isan item of clothing usually worn by a woman..  i say usually.. outside of drag queens and people with unusual interests.. image

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Now i play LOTRO  at full pace. I have swords at my house and few bows, don't you dare, you smart nerds to laugh about Sauron and my Lore Master t-shirt. I will set  you free from evil nerds around the world! I know that his story is probably 99% fake, he just tried to joke. But i would hit for real (and i did) when someone would laugh at me for things like that.
  • oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

YOU HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING ! YOU ARE MY HERE , seriously !

i hope the little kiddo learned a lesson or two!

That is what they deserve :D

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Proving yet again who WoW is hated by anyone with half a brain; people like you.
  • RiftstarRiftstar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    The fundamental truth of this story is that sometimes people need to be beaten.

Playing: MWO
    Waiting For: Star Citizen

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Yeah cool story :)

Guys, OP admitted in his last sentence that the story was made up.

But let's be honest here. Who of us wouldn't want to beat down a couple of those MMO griefer/spammer/whiners? :)

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Sorry, you said you had brass knucles in your glove compartment, but appear to have pulled them out before reaching the vehicle.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Even though the story is more than likely false I enjoyed reading it.  People like the kid who got the beatdown deserve what comes to them.  If anyone actually would charge a man infront of his son to try to beat him up over anything let alone a video game deserves to be brutally beaten.

If I was with my son and some asshole tried to punk me infront of him or hurt me I would do the exact same thing, lead by example.  I would hate for my kid to think it is ok to turn tail and run from bullies of any kind.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• nondogg13nondogg13 Member UncommonPosts: 41

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

1)  I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a 

pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with 2)  Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

3) I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

at first i was laughing at this troll inabillity to combat his own one- up'edness saying i own a truck then saying i own 2 trucks same sentence two commas later.

then it was his yuppie doucheness that let the secound gem fly " oh really you got a ipod 5 and it professionally installed"

but the last part where the author yelled "bring it braziers" then the kid charged him at which point the author decided to tell his kid to get in the truck( oh he is still charging), walk over to his truck himself(one of two truck he owns, oh and the kid is still charging), get in and grab his brass knuckles in his glove box(after what must have been a 200 yard sprint the kid is about to reach the author finally), and he gets back out and preceeds to beat the kids ass.

• glim3merglim3mer Member UncommonPosts: 154

Here's what really happened. You went into gamestop, you bought yourself two copies of pandaria, one for you and the other for your second account. You then drove home in your moms 15 year old car and proceeded to beat the living shits out of every mob in the game you came accross. And at some point, while waiting to join a random dungeon, you thought up this story of yours and posted it here.

That's how I read it.

• SpireaSpirea Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Obviously a fake story, certain people feel the need to create "gangsta/badass" fantasies to solidify their non-existant worth in the world. Because they themselves realize they amount to nothing to society, their natural instinct is to become someone of value in their own world. The OP is one of these people.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Who didn't laugh out loud when he discribed his own arms as brawny ....  Why do the biggest douche bags always think of themselves as " real men "

Real men don't have to make up lame stories on the internet about how cool they are.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

Thats my cool story bra.

There's no way to prove otherwise, but i think this is complete, made-up BS.  The story just doesn't add up.  These men launched themselves at you, in the parking lot in daytime, with your kid there.  You then have time to get your brass knucks out and start curb stomping the guy as his friends run away.  Sounds like a fantasy.  Have fun living in it.  This may be what you WANTED to happen, but in all actuality someone probably made fun of you and you just stood there and took it, then coming home to write this rant.

No way i can prove it though, so good going if true.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Well this was incredibly lame.

0/10

Way too obvious.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I didn't think the OP was a douchebag until he described his truck... then his iphone 5 mounted to it.. then his brawny arms...(they contributed nothing but douchebagginess to the story)  So yeah congratulations on getting a few months of jailtime for beating the hell out of what you hope wasn't a minor over an insult to a game that most people on this site hate anyways. I live in the south (sounds like that is where you are from) and there is a reason I've grown to completely hate most of everyone here and this is it. 
  • SavageoneSavageone Member UncommonPosts: 80

Impossible story.........

The "bras" who like to irritate people in MMO's never, ever leave thier parents basements.

So this has to be a total fabrication.

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94

@OP

I too eat beer-battered fish; but then I'm English, so that's like saying "I drink tea."

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

I call BS.. The reasons are countless... Perhaps practice your writing skills on your friends before posting them here?

• The story is true. I was the guy he pummeled. I've since stopped spamming nonsense in MMOs.
  • XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Axxar
    The story is true. I was the guy he pummeled. I've since stopped spamming nonsense in MMOs.

said nobody ever.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Good on ya!

Totally worth it.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • hcosminhcosmin Member Posts: 45

Nah man a real psycho fatass old nerd who still plays WoW and owns two(!) trucks and eats beer batterd fish like in your story would've at least pulled out a shotgun or an animu katana at guys making fun of his videogames. Brass knuckles - come on.

Nice story but not very believable.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

I don't know how true that story is, but I have an actual story about an MMO caused fight. I workout at a Recreational Center at a college and just about every single day there is this very nerdy looking guy about 21 years of age who sits in the breezeway and plays MMO's for hours. He must not get internet at home so he comes to the school to play. Anywho, just about everyday I walk by and check out what game he plays and I constantly watch people laugh and make jokes about him as they walk by. He wears his headphones so obviously can't hear anything they say.

Long story short, one day someone decided to mess with him at the same time I was entering the gym to workout, by calling him very immature names and "roleplaying" as elves or something. I'm about 6'3" 240 Lbs very lean last BMI I was at about 14% body fat just so you get a mental image. I stepped in front of this puny little poor nerd and said to the three gentlemen "You see that game he is playing? Well I've been playing it for about 4 years myself. Any of you have a fucking problem with that?" One popped up and proceeded to mock me and he proceeded to eat from a straw for the next few weeks.

I'm a nerd at heart and proud of it. I don't like when people pick on my brothers!

I also don't like people who think they can say what they want these days and get away with it. There are consequences when you say it to people like me who have no respect for the law.

Haha, what?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

This discussion has been closed.