Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X3: Terran Conflict (X-tended 2.0 overhaul mod)

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

X-tended 2.0 for Terran Conflict makes the game amazing. And look amazing as well. Best graphics I've personally seen in a game. Lots of new features and stuff too. I waited for over a year for 2.0 to come out...but I know it was in development for longer than that. Its biggest mod for X3 I've ever seen though.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293490&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=conversion&start=0

Screenshots and details in the link.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    What type of game is X3 if you don't mind me asking?
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Single player eve with a ton more sandboxiness and an even bigger learning curve.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Castillle
    Single player eve with a ton more sandboxiness and an even bigger learning curve.

Pretty much this. 

Though I personally found it a lot easier than EVE, but maybe it was because there is a lot more one can do when starting out...or something. Maybe I enjoyed it more and that is why it felt easier, dunno...but in any case...

It is pretty much like EVE. However, combat is action (no auto target and auto combat), and you control the ships movement. Space is WAY more interesting in X3 than EVE...a lot more so with X-tended. I just found you could do a lot more in X3 in general, than EVE. (edit: Do a lot more, and a lot more things are going on. Pretty similar still though, but X3 and X-tended does it better.)

But yeah, it is pretty much a single player EVE.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    What type of game is X3 if you don't mind me asking?

One of the best games ever made IMO .. like was said is a bigger deeper funner Eve in Single player .. with much better combat , econmomy , graphics physics ..Totslly open sandbox galaxy to explore, exploit, exist , experimant or exterminate ..

Learning curve can be steep and scares many away

And im really hoping X3 Rebirth makes it out 1st qtr 2013...looks amazing

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Rather play a modern elite, I want to feel like Harrison Ford or Nathan fillion in a space game, not Donald trump
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Rather play a modern elite, I want to feel like Harrison Ford or Nathan fillion in a space game, not Donald trump

The combat is also Excellent

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

That's the game where you have to spend a week reading playermade manuals just to figure out the basics

If it was multiplayer then it could have replaced Freelancer :(

• Personally didn't see the appeal of those games whatsoever. I'm more into Elite/Freespace/Wing Commander/Freelancer type space sims.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Personally didn't see the appeal of those games whatsoever. I'm more into Elite/Freespace/Wing Commander/Freelancer type space sims.

You do realise that X3 is basically the successor to the Elite games?

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Personally didn't see the appeal of those games whatsoever. I'm more into Elite/Freespace/Wing Commander/Freelancer type space sims.

Ok like to correct something here, the X3 series is not a singleplayer EvE, it is the closest you will come to the game called Elite, please don't even compare it to EvE, althou there descriptions may sound alike there game play is not, if you are into Elite, freespace, freelancer style game then this is the game for you.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by redcap036

Ok like to correct something here, the X3 series is not a singleplayer EvE, it is the closest you will come to the game called Elite, please don't even compare it to EvE, althou there descriptions may sound alike there game play is not, if you are into Elite, freespace, freelancer style game then this is the game for you.

I can agree to that. Though it does remind me of EvE in 2 ways, trading and the sheer size of the game. Other than that, I don't think the gameplay is similar. 

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    You guys must be reading my thoughts from afar. I swear i didn't say it's similar to Eve, at least out loud.
  • redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    You guys must be reading my thoughts from afar. I swear i didn't say it's similar to Eve, at least out loud.

Actually I was responding to Castillle's comment, sorry for the confusion kabaal.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

For anyone that says "singleplayer EVE", know that X series actually came way before EVE. First X was released 1999. Eve was first release 2003.

EVE actually inherent a lot of it's manufacturing and economy management concept from X series.

EVE was actually a MMO version of X would be more accurate.

EVE is actually a currently the latest in a very long line of games in the space sim evolution, with Elite being the genesis and X series, Wing Commander, Privateer, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter all being turning points which branched the genre into different directions (not my words, it was actually THE documented history of Space Sims, which diagrams I saw back in 2010 and still trying to find so you guys can have a look).

• I may be mistaken X3 for something else. From gameplay videos it looked to me like one was simply a turret defending a planet with subpar action and controls. So either I was looking at the wrong game back then or the player wasn't playing it normally.
  • TsumoTsumo Member UncommonPosts: 49

As a first time player to X3 should i play it with or without the mod?

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Tsumo

As a first time player to X3 should i play it with or without the mod?

With the mod trust me on this one.

p>
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

EVE Online was developed and got new content on regular basis for almost 10 years. It is much much much deeper and complex game then X3 and you can play it with other people (which bring alot more sandbox options). As for learning curve. You can devote like 100 hours in X3 and know pretty much everything about it. While you can play EVE for many years and have no clue about millions of details.

X3 is the best singplayer space sim, no argue. But to say its deeper then EVE? Cmon.

Also other then space setting and complex economy they dont share much in common.

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

You didn't need a brick-ton of a manual to play the Elite games.

The X-series ended up on the shelf for me.. Kinda like the Babylon 5 fanmade Space game... It coulda been fun, but somehow the hardcore of the hardcore got at the wheel and turned it into a Boieng 747 simulator instead of a game. :P

imageThe last of the Trackers

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

It's kind of silly I know, but X3 has been sitting idle on my hard drive for a couple of years now. I just couldn't bear the thought of having to get through that humungous (non-printable) manual while only sitting in front of my office PC.

But I received a new tablet computer for Christmas that I can use for reading .pdf's out in my living room - or wherever - and this mod does sound good, really good. Thanks for the heads up!

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

AND an actual twitch based flight model for every ship. Unlike Eve's relitive motion flight model. You actually "Fly" the ships in X3. It's a lot of fun once you climb over the initial learning curve which will hit you in the face like running into a brick wall if you don't do some research first. I watched some "Let's Play" videos on YouTube that got me started. It's a great game that can be majorly confusing at first but with time can be a blast. The last game I played I had a Carrier, 2 Battleships, over 60 fighters, a dozen or so smaller capital ships and a few tenders in my main fleet being funded by a fleet of about 100 or so commercial trader frieghters.

Best advice I can give is start building a trade empire first and then use the revenue to build your military fleet. What's also great is you can let AI fly the ships in your fleet or you can jump into any ship you own and fly it manually as long as both ships are docked together somewhere. It's the greatest space sim I've played to date bar none.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }