Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you summarize Aventurine up...

124»

Comments

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Azdul
    Originally posted by Niburu
    whats wrong with xsyon ? it is working and has some fun features if you like to create things. however it lacks PvP and any form of conflict. i would rather give them my money than any of those other projects out there that only exist on paper

Nothing wrong with the game itself.

But the kickstarter campaign was a shameless money grab.

What why ? It is not less shameless and all the other project that dont even have a working game. Atleast they have a working game with some of the features already ingame.

Ofc they need money they are 5 Dev's or so and they need new programmers/artists to finish the features faster.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    All they had to do was patch the original game with a few game system fixes, and they would have had the greatest sandbox MMO that the world has ever seen. Instead, they throw out the whole thing and start over, ending up with what (so far) is a dumbed down, lackluster attempt at widening the appeal of the game. In the end, they have alienated their original customers, and done nothing to attract new ones. I see this ending up exactly like the first one: limping along with a few die-hards who have numbed themselves to the faults of the game enough to live with it. Aventurine seems like they have no idea what they are doing. I am starting to believe that the few good things about the original game were simply an accident.
  • AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by ironhelix
    All they had to do was patch the original game with a few game system fixes, and they would have had the greatest sandbox MMO that the world has ever seen. Instead, they throw out the whole thing and start over, ending up with what (so far) is a dumbed down, lackluster attempt at widening the appeal of the game. In the end, they have alienated their original customers, and done nothing to attract new ones.

TBH original customers are part of the problem, not a solution. 

DF 1 was amazing at launch, and was later destroyed by it's players. Veteran players behaviour was very hard to accept for new guys coming into the game. DF had to be wiped, because it lost any potential to grow.

If they were going to take away all vet players advantages, change skill system to eliminate 95% of macroing, change UI to eliminate the need for AHK, force diversity - they had to do it in one clean cut. 

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529
    Originally posted by Azdul
    All they had to do was patch the original game with a few game system fixes, and they would have had the greatest sandbox MMO that the world has ever seen. Instead, they throw out the whole thing and start over, ending up with what (so far) is a dumbed down, lackluster attempt at widening the appeal of the game. In the end, they have alienated their original customers, and done nothing to attract new ones.

TBH original customers are part of the problem, not a solution. 

DF 1 was amazing at launch, and was later destroyed by it's players. Veteran players behaviour was very hard to accept for new guys coming into the game. DF had to be wiped, because it lost any potential to grow.

If they were going to take away all vet players advantages, change skill system to eliminate 95% of macroing, change UI to eliminate the need for AHK, force diversity - they had to do it in one clean cut. 

I ahve subbed two accts from the beginning.  I loe the game but.....your nostalgia goggles are much stronger than my memories. 

DF1 had huge issues which Av  is trying to address in DFO:UW:

• UI is overly complex
    • UI back-end had huge perfromacnce issues
    • Players mistakenly think that every skill is needed to be effective (when it certainly was not)
    • Alignment system was hugely exploitable
    • The grind was too long and the gap between vetts and new players was insurmountable
    • The siege system in the begging was horrendous.  resulting gin day long sieges and call chains outside the game to defend holdings.
    • skill-gain system crated the whole "blood wall" phenomena which drive many causal players from t eh game.  It simply was not fun.

The gme was great but only for a small niche of players.  Expanding the playuers base is a very good thing.  The new changes keep the best aspects of the old game while adding new group dynamics.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
     In the end, they have alienated their original customers, and done nothing to attract new ones. 

8/

nothing == all those drastic changes you were just complaining about? heh

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by corpusc
     In the end, they have alienated their original customers, and done nothing to attract new ones. 

8/

nothing == all those drastic changes you were just complaining about? heh

Like how the NGE was supposed to attract the WoW players with its drastic changes?  same thing but somehow worse I guess

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
     they throw out the whole thing and start over

point was..... the above quote was said, and then a sentence or 2 away from there he calls that "nothing"

Corpus Callosum    

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Like how the NGE was supposed to attract the WoW players with its drastic changes?  same thing but somehow worse I guess

NGE took away diversity. UW is exactly opposite.

Just look at last year DF1 videos - do they really make an impression of "perfect PvP game" ? 

Early DF 1 was amazing.

Last year they've removed the grind - but it did not brought the early magic back. Everyone was using the same gear, the same skills, the same tactics, had the same HP and MP, needed the same resources, etc.

Something had to be done - because it was no longer MMO.

• tw1386tw1386 Member UncommonPosts: 9

I'm sorry but this is one of the worst developers out there right now. They FLAT OUT LIE to try to sucker you into pre-ordering for a complete game thats ready to be released, and then hide it behind an NDA.

Are people really that desperate for a Sandboxy type game that you'll put up with Tasos and this garbage company he has created? I'm almost beginning to think he's a scam artist. 

Their developement processes are just horendous, and have no idea how to fix it. There is an item persistence bug that everytime you log out out you lose all your stuff and this game was supposed be ready for launch?

• EnzoBautistaEnzoBautista Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by tw1386

I'm sorry but this is one of the worst developers out there right now. They FLAT OUT LIE to try to sucker you into pre-ordering for a complete game thats ready to be released, and then hide it behind an NDA.

Are people really that desperate for a Sandboxy type game that you'll put up with Tasos and this garbage company he has created? I'm almost beginning to think he's a scam artist. 

Their developement processes are just horendous, and have no idea how to fix it. There is an item persistence bug that everytime you log out out you lose all your stuff and this game was supposed be ready for launch?

Out there right now? Surely the developers of War Z arn't doing much better.

What personal experiences do you have with adventurine that would back up your claims?

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by EnzoBautista

What personal experiences do you have with adventurine that would back up your claims?

easy one, take every of their claims and you find it inaccurate at least (if you confront it with reality). This list is so long that no one can really believe in any coincidence.

I can tell you 2 big lies from my experience.

They announcened there wouldnt be any wipe by any means  and then after they know they would wipe they didnt told that to the public for more then a year  just to keep people subbed. 

A second example would be they announced january a expansion (i think it was 2011)  with early access Q2 same year and guess what july passed and noone could say what happened to the expansion and no official news  (expansion never laucnhed)

Of course both times this tactic was used to keep people subbed and  paying.

If you plan to sub you will find out they will use this again to keep you paying for whatever content they miss to put in the final build now.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• TigerDriverTigerDriver Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by EnzoBautista

Aventurine is easily, hands down, the most dishonest MMO dev company out there.

Charged my credit-card after I canceled it -CHECK

Lied about game features in DF 1 (right up to just a few months ago, the web page for DF1 still had the "exaggerations" -CHECK

Lied about players who pre-ordered DF1 would be able to transfere to the NA server from EU -CHECK. (they caved 6 mnths later after people had bought monthly subs for the NA server)

Straight out lie about DF:UW be ready for release in Nov, then Dec, then a 'closed-beta' for a game that they dont even have a full game client for- CHECK