Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe: Guild Wars 2 is #1 game of 2012!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Shrug...he plays console games, single player PC titles etc,  makes him a MMORPG tourist in my eyes, not a purist, therefore what he thinks makes a great MMORPG is probably quite a bit different from my view.

That said, GW2 is the best new MMO (not MMORPG) in 2012 compared to titles such as SWTOR, TERA and TSW, but c'mon, 10/10, can't take that serious as it implies there is no room for improvement, which I haven't really even heard the most rabid GW2 defenders state.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

If it was not for his constant use of the "F" word his reviews would be very short.  But I guess he is fitting his language to the age group that watches him.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Man... nothing is sacred or allowed to be just fun in the sea of net negativity anymore.  And sometimes, I am just as guilty. :)
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Wow that guy is annoying

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

News Flash people who disagree with the choice find reasons to invalidate said choice!People who agree with the choice champion it!

Film at 11 !!!

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Drakynn

News Flash people who disagree with the choice find reasons to invalidate said choice!People who agree with the choice champion it!

Film at 11 !!!

what film?  Should I set the recorder?

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

Originally posted by Scarfe

Film at 11 !!!

Yes you should but only an early video cassette recorder will work because I was using an Anachronism for humor's sake!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_at_11

for those to young to get it.

Film at 11 !!!

Yes you should but only an early video cassette recorder will work because I was using an Anachronism for humor's sake!!!

I got a betamax... has this gone on too long?

Film at 11 !!!

Heh it had probably gone on too long the moment I first posted it.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Kyleran

but c'mon, 10/10, can't take that serious as it implies there is no room for improvement, which I haven't really even heard the most rabid GW2 defenders state.

Shortly after the 10/10 score Joe say's "Now let me get this straight before you start bitchin, there has never been a perfect game, ever, the rating simply means that these games are worth every penny of their purchase price often 3 times over >"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y&t=28m31s

Film at 11 !!!

Heh it had probably gone on too long the moment I first posted it.

Well, I am quite content with my general banality.  Is that even a word or did I just make it up?  Could I get more dull?  This and other questions answered in my next post.  Sorry had an eggnog or two. 

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Wait Pirate 101 wasn't his choice, I smell a conspiracy here. 
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    Wait Pirate 101 wasn't his choice, I smell a conspiracy here. 

You know what, since it won I jumped back into it, and dam is it a good game, I mean gameplay wise and innovations wise (braces) it kicks GW2 into touch (rugby style- not that crap rugby with all the pads).  That's it.  Thanks, Yous sincerely Phil Collins.  Direct your hate mail to him. 

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Why is he angry?

Because he heard of Pirate101 maybe :)

Jokes aside a buddy of mine is a huge fan, he used to send me the AJ review links of games we both play. Most of the time I disagree with Joe's scores... but that's just imo, different views to everyone I guess.

On the other hand, his style and lines are funny, the ME3 review for example was hilarious :)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Angry Joe is one hell of a guy, if your not a hating scrub with no life you should check him out, he always make me laugh with his revieuws.
    But then again there is so mucn envy and hate on the forums and ingame in todays world that it doesnt suprise me to read reactions from people who seem to bash any post they are not interested in.

Internet warriors and trolls comming out as they dont care yet are inside any post to show how much they dont care.
    2013 seems to increase these scrubs even more.
    New generation and all.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I guess you'll find find one thing less important than what Angry Joe says... and that is what Pokket says.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    sincerely Phil Collins.  Direct your hate mail to him. 

I was there and I saw what you did.  I saw it with my own two eyes.

Cue Iron Mike on the drums...but watch his teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKX9bCQp7q0

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Cromica
    Never heard of him

one of the best, less biased, more accurate reviewers on the net. CHeck out his youtube channel, Angry joe show. Always makes really good points (or at least most of the time) in a comic-ish yet serious / straight to the point way.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Thebigbopper
     If he was Happy Joe i'd be more likely to believe him.

so you are one of those who believe happy hyper developers even when they deliver crap and want you to pay for them? ...Being happy doesnt mean you're telling the truth, thats the easiest way to trick someone to believe the lie (like developers do lately) lol

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

You did Joe no favors bringing his video here.  He may gather a handful of new viewers from here, his vids are pretty good.  On the other hand, because he voted GW2 GOTY, you just gave him a good deal of life time haters and maladjusted folk.

I guess views are views, though.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Sciva
    [mod edit]

Anet is a company. Of course the money is the aim. Companies are amoral, not moral. The people however are moral. Perhaps some of their morals are that money should be the goal, to take care of the team. Perhaps some are just in it to make people smile, but those people need the ones who want to make money. If a company is making a lot of money it is because a lot of people are paying them, so there is a market that is being filled. It may just not be yours.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Yamota
    He's a funny guy but does not know much about MMORPGs. He is mostly into console games and such.
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Shrug...he plays console games, single player PC titles etc,  makes him a MMORPG tourist in my eyes, not a purist, therefore what he thinks makes a great MMORPG is probably quite a bit different from my view.

That said, GW2 is the best new MMO (not MMORPG) in 2012 compared to titles such as SWTOR, TERA and TSW, but c'mon, 10/10, can't take that serious as it implies there is no room for improvement, which I haven't really even heard the most rabid GW2 defenders state.

Are you both sure about that?  I mean that if he was really a console-only obsessed fan, then wouldn't something like Halo 4 or Dishonored had been #1.  To the contrary, not only is there a PC based MMORPG as #1, but there's 2 others that are also up on that Top 10 list:  Hawken and Planetside 2. 

Now, I'm sorry that you both do not agree with his opinion or that of other people that actually like this game.  However, he (Angry Joe) and all those other fans can then disagree with your opinion.  That's the great thing about opinions: everyone has one and it's never wrong to them.

Also, even if he was only a console-loving, non-MMORPG player....it's kind of a great thing that Guild Wars 2 attracted him into the genre.  The developers originally said, "If you love MMOs, you'll want to check out Guild Wars 2, and if you hate MMOs, you'll really want to check out Guild Wars 2."  That's how they aimed the game towards: Not nessessarily to the elite hardcore that other games have a developed catch to, but instead towards the casuals, normals, and non-MMOers.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    I loved his review of Assassin's Creed 3... someone finally dinged them on those blinding and annoying white screens, and the immersion-shattering futuristic seqments.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Angry Joe's peg kinda loses its meaning when he reviews positive games. For those unfamiliar with i suggest you watch his rants on the following games:

- Fable 2

- Fable 3

- Mass Effect 3

- Marvel vs Capcom 3

- Ultimate MvC 3

- Battleship

- Star Wars Kinect

- Sonic Freeriders (his most despised title)

I find him funny and agreeable overall. Even when he reviews good games he makes funny parodies about them. I watch his videos for entertainment, if nothing else. I's not like I really need to hear his opinions to judge whether I should get a game or not, but he touches on really good points.