Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why so much hype?

"Pay Type:Subscription" I didn't think a paid game would have so much hype. And not only paid then you can play forever, but subscription, that means like 20$/month ( just an example ). So why so much hype? I was thinking people don't have money, or atleast that's what they say. I like how it looks too, but unfortunately I can't pay so I will be playing C9.

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I dont see much hype anywhere.  I won't be playing another ncsoft game though.. too many shutdown mmorpgs.
  • veins.of.gamingveins.of.gaming Member Posts: 4

Well many people are saying they are waiting for it, that it's epic etc.

And it got much rating/hype score on mmorpg.com's list.

• anonentityanonentity Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Don;t know about hype. I see very little on the mmo sites about it.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    One word :  Bewbs  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    I might check this game out if it has a subscription.  I find the community of  subscription-based games to be much more mature than "F2P" games.  I suppose the reason could be that kids who never pay for games are excluded.
  • HugMeOnceHugMeOnce Member Posts: 5
    Sorry for this "stupid" question but.... is this game F2P or paid to play?
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by veins.of.gaming
    "Pay Type:Subscription" I didn't think a paid game would have so much hype. And not only paid then you can play forever, but subscription, that means like 20$/month ( just an example ). So why so much hype? I was thinking people don't have money, or atleast that's what they say. I like how it looks too, but unfortunately I can't pay so I will be playing C9.

I've been dying...d-y-i-n-g to play a game designed by Hyung-tae Kim, ever since I laid my eyes on wallpapers of Magna Carta (link). Back then I didn't know the wallpapers belonged to a Korean RPG. 

Lately I've been thinking of buying the old Magna Carta RPGs.

And now I'm getting an MMORPG designed by mister Kim himself? 

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Hopefully it wont get shutdown.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Etherignis
    Hopefully it wont get shutdown.

...they all get shut down eventually. 

*edit* lol actually too early to say that...but IM sure they all will eventually.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

From my understanding the game works basically like Vindictus and C9 with towns basically being lobbies and highly instanced.

That took away all interest I had in the title.  But I could be wrong.

Steam: Neph

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Hype? where is this hype? I want some!!
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by HugMeOnce

From the FAQ on the game's English-language website:

"How much will Blade & Soul cost? Will there be a subscription fee, or will Blade & Soulutilise the microtransaction business model?

"As the launch date draws nearer, we will have more information to share on price and business models. However NCSOFT is actively evaluating what gaming fans in Europe and the United States want, and we are committed to creating a business model that will meet our fans' expectations."

Translated: Whatever we think will make us most money.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by dancingstar
    Originally posted by HugMeOnce

From the FAQ on the game's English-language website:

"How much will Blade & Soul cost? Will there be a subscription fee, or will Blade & Soulutilise the microtransaction business model?

"As the launch date draws nearer, we will have more information to share on price and business models. However NCSOFT is actively evaluating what gaming fans in Europe and the United States want, and we are committed to creating a business model that will meet our fans' expectations."

Translated: Whatever we think will make us most money.

They are a FOR PROFIT business not a charity. They have a right to make money, just as yoou have a right not to pay to play the game.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

From my understanding the game works basically like Vindictus and C9 with towns basically being lobbies and highly instanced.

You can't have done much research about the game if that's what you think, since it's the opposite in every way.

I don't see much hype about this game, sounds more like a thread trying to create one. There's some interest on more asian-catered sites like MMOSite.com, but that's to be expected since those are the people most excited for it. 

Game is nothing to be hyped about. It's pretty, but it plays like every other MMO out there and the combat isn't anything significant either. It's highly stylized and fun to watch, but how it plays is the same as any other tab-target MMO, it is NOT action-based despite how it might seem, and while some skills (weaker ones) can be done on the move, you still get rooted to the ground for a fair portion of them. The game is more comparable to Aion than it is TERA or Vindictus.

The game is playable though I'm not actually 'allowed' to say how due to MMORPG.com rules, however that alone should give you a clue as to how to find it and where to look. There are only so many topics that are legitimately taboo around here.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by syntax42
    I might check this game out if it has a subscription.  I find the community of  subscription-based games to be much more mature than "F2P" games.  I suppose the reason could be that kids who never pay for games are excluded.

naah, that wond do with anything F2P or P2P, there is two side of the coin.

There is kids who play f2p only any annoying everyone and there is kids who cry at home to play a p2p game and annoy everyone...

Anyway, i can't wait for this game, hope they make a decent paying modell (monthy fee is unacceptable in my option when i buy the game...)

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Game is nothing to be hyped about. It's pretty, but it plays like every other MMO out there and the combat isn't anything significant either. It's highly stylized and fun to watch, but how it plays is the same as any other tab-target MMO, it is NOT action-based despite how it might seem, and while some skills (weaker ones) can be done on the move, you still get rooted to the ground for a fair portion of them. The game is more comparable to Aion than it is TERA or Vindictus.

I can tell, this game is sooo long to created, i dont ever remember(i think some times after where they finish the lineage 2 C3, started to make B&S), but one thing is sure, this is the first mmo what announced combo style combat where never seen before in any mmo, yep this is the first one, but the game isnt finished in time and there are other projects like Aion...

• veins.of.gamingveins.of.gaming Member Posts: 4
    C9 got combos too...
  • DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Hype?  I forgot all about this game until this post lol.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Aion, GW2, B&S. You pretty much now what our going to get from NCsoft.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

I've played the Korean version of the game. It's trash. It sells blood, boobs, and grind. Combat system is okay, seems like the only thing I can compare it to is an updated version of cabal with jumping and kung-fu style combat but otherwise it doesn't have any real substance no real depth, and it looks like its a third person combat game but its secretly tab targeting. The game guides your skills to enemies so once you lock on you cant miss. 

• Psylon_1982Psylon_1982 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Sky427

I've played the Korean version of the game. It's trash. It sells blood, boobs, and grind. Combat system is okay, seems like the only thing I can compare it to is an updated version of cabal with jumping and kung-fu style combat but otherwise it doesn't have any real substance no real depth, and it looks like its a third person combat game but its secretly tab targeting. The game guides your skills to enemies so once you lock on you cant miss. 

Addressing the combat:

It only tab targets in the sense that the closest player within a 45 to 60 degree cone will be hit.... So unless your fighting training dummies in the starter city gl relying on that. Next time your angry and decide to bash a game you supposedly played get your mechanics right. And of course the failure to mention counter attacking incoming attacks, try doing that without facing them.

now granted if you hit shift+f2 you can click on your enemy and lock on, but if you turn or he runs around you beyond that field of vision previously mentioned you loose him.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

I think the name of this game is corny.

It reminds me of tough guy names from the 80s. Blade and Soul, Laser Wolf, Fire and Ice, and all the other American Gladiator tv show goofy names.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • DragolioDragolio Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

It's true that this game does have some instances  but its not like Vindictus where towns are lobbies. You do actually explore areas with other players and do the quests available there.  I've tried both games and I can say they are nothing like each other when it comes to how you progress through the game.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    hype? lol, this game will pass like a fart in the wind...
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

It must have been pretty hyped cuz I haven't even heard about the game till now.

Great advertising caompaign there.