Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick question about fundamental similarities between general rogue and warrior classes?

Would hackers and trappers count as rogue subclasses if we were to expand beyond fantasy genre?

What other non-hybrid rogues aren't physically adept?

Is physical adeptness singular to rogues and warriors? If we're talking about the 4 base classes clerics, mages, rogues, warriors.

If not, is there anything that is singular to rogues and warriors and common to both?

Comments

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

If you look at the "stats" in games ( in common ) for example Hunters and Archers are closer to Rouges.

-Their main stat is Dex , Critical Strike

- They can set traps

-They do bleed effects on hit

-Their gear is not that important as their weapon (they are not taking much damage anyway)

where Warriors tend to have Strenght , Attack Damage and a better armor class so they can soak up more damage.

Warriors used to lack crowed control abillities as well.

The rouge class (in common) is a stupid concept IMHO in MMOs nowadays.

Rouge's main stat is Dexterity that gives them Dodge,Critical Strike,Sometimes Critical Damage as well.

In "real" rpgs dexterity could give them dodge but for Critical Hits you need to have accuracy (to hit vital points on target )

A class that has a lot more chance to avoid hits and still has a higher chance to deal double (or even more) damage is just simply unbalanced.

• 12Science3412Science34 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by oreal52

If you look at the "stats" in games ( in common ) for example Hunters and Archers are closer to Rouges.

-Their main stat is Dex , Critical Strike

- They can set traps

-They do bleed effects on hit

-Their gear is not that important as their weapon (they are not taking much damage anyway)

where Warriors tend to have Strenght , Attack Damage and a better armor class so they can soak up more damage.

Warriors used to lack crowed control abillities as well.

The rouge class (in common) is a stupid concept IMHO in MMOs nowadays.

Rouge's main stat is Dexterity that gives them Dodge,Critical Strike,Sometimes Critical Damage as well.

In "real" rpgs dexterity could give them dodge but for Critical Hits you need to have accuracy (to hit vital points on target )

A class that has a lot more chance to avoid hits and still has a higher chance to deal double (or even more) damage is just simply unbalanced.

I'm talking about rogues and warriors. Is physical adeptness their only similarity? Is it singular to them? Are all rogue archetypes physically trained?

I just want to know if being physically trained is singular to non-hybrid rogues and warriors?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by Starpower

Don't encourage him

https://www.google.com/search?q=fundamental+similarities+between+general+rogue+and+warrior+classes%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:da:official&client=firefox-a

How many weeks or months does this have to go on before it's no longer a "quick" question?

Anyway, the answer is the same as it has always been:  there are no "general" classes, but only specific classes in specific games.

<p cfbody"="">

I just want to know if being physically trained is singular to non-hybrid rogues and warriors?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Don't encourage him

https://www.google.com/search?q=fundamental+similarities+between+general+rogue+and+warrior+classes%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:da:official&client=firefox-a

I knew I saw this asked somewhere else, turns out 2 other places (out of the several shown in your search). 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by madazz

Don't encourage him

I knew I saw this asked somewhere else, turns out 2 other places (out of the several shown in your search). 

It's other names include variations of Ishida, Ranger and a few I don't care to remember.  It shows up about once a month asking the same question. Don't poke it with a stick. Don't look it in the eyes. Just leave it alone.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    If mmorpg.com charged 50 cents to make an account, they could pay for the hosting off of this guy's payments alone.

This discussion has been closed.