Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally hit the wall.

13»

Comments

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by MMOdad72

Did they ever change it where your guild cant hop servers weekly ?

It lost any interest to me to see people and guilds hop from server to server each week. Zero faction pride mixed with zero server pride just made the WvWvW pointless to me. 

AFAIK, it is still 1 week CD on server swaps.

There has to be some overall trends to the server swapping that Anet views as beneficial.  Maybe the populations are still auto balancing.  If not, I would have to assume Anet would have stopped free transfers by now.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Are you seriously complaining about getting over one thousand hours of enjoyment out of a Buy to Play game?  You paid the same amount for Guild Wars 2 as you did Skyrim, so why did you expect more?  The original Guild Wars only provided less than 20 hours of content before you were forced to grind for pointless equipment or do pointless arena battles with little to no reward.  Man, gamers sure are spoiled these days.  I don't think I've ever played a game for more than one thousand hours anyway.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Wow with that much time investment, no game will keep your attention for long. I mean there is just so much you can get out of a game. 1k hours is crazy especially in 4 months. No sandbox or themepark MMO, actually no game for that matter can last you for long if you play so much.

You must get bored of single player games and regular multiplayer games in less than 1-2 days.

Simply not true. Until this year people played mmorpgs for years with years /played.

Lets see BC ....you have jumped from TSW...Rift ...Wow...Swtor ....and now Wushu( did I miss DF2) in the same amount of time some of us have played GW2 ... The trend of folks jumping from one band wagon to another has been a topic of conversation since early 2007 when it  first became really noticable that few games kept any population after the intial 30 days free period was over

Nope nice try check my history. TSW and 500+ skills?! forgive me. Never a fan of swtor, played WoW for years, quit 2 years ago(dumbing down thing), lots of respect for RIFT and trion, never post about them though. feel free to check my history. You have me confused. I joined earlier this year.

edit- I just looked at you post history. Look at the first thing I looked at. You said the exact same thing to someone else. Here's the quote and thread. 

"....jumped on the bandwagon for TSW...Rift ...WOW ...SWtor ..and now DF2 in the same period of time?"

You got me with that one, good one image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Ujirik
    Are you seriously complaining about getting over one thousand hours of enjoyment out of a Buy to Play game?  You paid the same amount for Guild Wars 2 as you did Skyrim, so why did you expect more?  The original Guild Wars only provided less than 20 hours of content before you were forced to grind for pointless equipment or do pointless arena battles with little to no reward.  Man, gamers sure are spoiled these days.  I don't think I've ever played a game for more than one thousand hours anyway.

I don't think you read the OP properly. The OP wasn't complaining. He's just saying he hit a wall. WTF are you on?

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350

He wasn't complaining about anything. He just said that he's experienced as much of the game as he wants to for now. Why be so aggressively touchy? Why call people "spoiled" for completing what they want in a game? I'm not sure I'll ever understand the need for people like you to immediately attack anyone you've perceived as providing feedback that differs from your own.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I...I dont even know where to begin. Did...you just read the thread title and post? or something?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73

1000 hours.. game came out in august. 10 hours a day gameplay.

Get a life man.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by shingoukieh
    Game came out Aug 23. U have 1000 hours in 4 months meaning around 300 hours per month. So 10 hours a day average about...SMH

I guess! Some days i play just a few hours, some days i never get off. eh.

Will miss those days once i run outta carrots i wanna eat.

i wish i would be able to play so much time,

i have also a big age, but lot of time is afk and wasted hours with my gf, actually not wasted cause we have plenty fun :P but not so productive :p

usually if you just start a dynamic event from its beggining its pretty funny and kills your time awesomely (this word exists? )

in the vacations also i cant play : /

happy new yeaarrr : )

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    Ok so you're a stay at home parent. I'm a stay at home parent too. Out of curiosity, how old is your child? I don't have time to game AT ALL during the day. I log on for a few hours at night after my son is in bed. If I do have a minute of free time, I try to get some chores done around the house. So what is your secret?

Glad you more than got your money's worth from the game though. I feel I have as well, and my highest character just hit 60.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by dimnikar
    I don't think you understand this game. You must be playing it wrong. GW2 isn't about treadmills and carrots on a stick. It's about fun. Remember?

Oh yes!!! please define "FUN" and give any tips how we can get it at GW2! Thanks in advance!!!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    LMAO guy played so damn much he has experienced everything in the game... um... did you not think this was going to happen?  Eventually theres going to be nothing new, no shit.
  • shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126
    To add to the op post I have less than half his time playing.. But I feel like getting gear is secondary.. All the stats are around the same...and I asked myself what is gonna happen when I get the items I was grinding for...this game needs raids or more options to use or op like gear on a smaller scale..

Bottom line wow is superior. Will I play wow? No. I'll keep grinding this out...

Its sad when I have AC armor but doing TA just for looks...what else is there to do lol
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    I here I am at 4 months in with the highest lvl character being 55... I guess I am to slow for you hardcore players :p
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Originally posted by dimnikar
    I don't think you understand this game. You must be playing it wrong. GW2 isn't about treadmills and carrots on a stick. It's about fun.

Remember?

Oh yes!!! please define "FUN" and give any tips how we can get it at GW2! Thanks in advance!!!

describe me the fun to those who play football manager : )

or for you what is fun in an MMO ?

in personall GW2, has awesome aesthetics, very rich and live lore in almost every dynamic event, its like taking part in a movie ! it has also pretty competitive PvP, about raids i didnt played WoW so i dont miss the lack of them : )

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    Make a pause, wait for new content and expansion, if you are not interesting in making alts. I'm glad you got your money's worth.

So true, come back for expansions..

And play another game while wayting for them, thats how some best enjoy GW2

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194
    The leader of content locust swarm.
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    do you mean 'finally hit the wall' or 'finally! hit the wall thank fuck for that, awful game!' , cause I read the latter. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Scarfe
    do you mean 'finally hit the wall' or 'finally! hit the wall thank fuck for that, awful game!' , cause I read the latter. 

8 hours a day for 3 months.

Either the OP is a big masochist or he actually enjoyed the game.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Make a pause, wait for new content and expansion, if you are not interesting in making alts. I'm glad you got your money's worth.

I have so much trouble with this statement. 

How long should your mmorpg  last? When people say "you got your money's worth" concerning GW2, are they saying that it was built to be a 3-4 month game?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by bcbully

I have so much trouble with this statement. 

How long should your mmorpg  last? When people say "you got your money's worth" concerning GW2, are they saying that it was built to be a 3-4 month game?

Put 1000 hours into any game, themepark or sandbox, and you will get bored of it. No game has an infinite amount of things to do. Most  just hide this behind broken progression which doesnt get fixed until they are ready to release new content.

PvP is the only thing that will give different outcomes every time you do it. So for players that arent into PvP and play more than development can push out content, any game will eventually run out of steam.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

Man GW2 sounds awfull shallow in this thread.... I played FFXI for years and never ran outa things to do. GW 2 i played for alittle over a month and already completed like 85% of the map before i stoped playing.

Guss they dont make um last for years like they used to eh?

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Dzone

Man GW2 sounds awfull shallow in this thread.... I played FFXI for years and never ran outa things to do. GW 2 i played for alittle over a month and already completed like 85% of the map before i stoped playing.

No and that's the problem.  WoW mainstreamed MMOs by removing what others thought to be tedious (the journey).  GW2 just accelerated this to a point that it makes WoW look hardcore.

This "casual" MMO style is really eliminating the one thing that made MMOs so unique: longevity.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    same thing whit me and almost have legendary ,i stop playing and playing new games till new content will be added ,just experiment ither games gw2 will still there .

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Now aint that rich , so the best way to enjoy GW2 is to "Play something Else"    lol i love it ........I might make a new sig .. Can i use that?

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by Dzone

It's very easy to not run out of things to do when everything has long lock outs, terrible drop rates, dozens of different gear set requirements for each class, and most importantly exclusivity.  When items take years to acquire, obviously the dedicated will play it for years.

I loved XI as well and put an unhealthy amount of days played into that game, but let's not forget how much time per day was wasted by terrible mechanics.  I'm a fan of the journey myself as well, but i think it was handled poorly in XI.