Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally Free Wushu

GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
For those of you that are playing the limited closed NA beta, the Russian version has went OB as of today. All you have to do is register and download the client, and you can play it in english. There is a guide on the Age of Wulin site that shows how to register and convert the client, it is a very simple process. Just use google translate for the site, and copy 3 files from the NA version into the Russian version's res folder. It's more detailed on the Age of Wulin site for those that are interested in playing without the timer restriction that the NA beta has.

Comments

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    other restrictions are in, like vip ... offline cultivation... ?
  • GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    The VIP is built into all versions of the game, other than that no other restrictions. Offline leveling is part of the perks of the VIP, but free players can lvl just as fast using team training. I am playing on the Russian servers until the either the NA or EU release. I plan on getting a VIP, but I will not shell out one cent for a beta. Oh one other thing the Russians have patched in the second internal skill set as well.
  • channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585
    Thanks for the update, will try out the russian server as snail age of wushu is really pissing me off with their customer service and money grabbing marketing. It's a good game but just not with snail.
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Link please? Can't find the Russian version and would also like to move over from NA closed beta nonsense.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Russian Age of Wushu = Age of Rushu?

lol

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

lol

Well, in Russia, it's pronounced Ushu.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by birdycephon

lol

In Soviet Russia, the R pronounces u :P

This is the how-to that's posted up on the Age of Wulin site. Sorry for the late update been busy doing some kidnapping in game, lol. Credit goes to Dimondsword for this

Install the game.
    In the install game location ( example : C:Program Files (x86)KFgame , mine windows is 64 biti, if yours is 32 then u have C:Program FilesKFgame ) u have 3 files that must be moved to other location ( make a folder backup, and move them there) :
    gui.package
    icon.package
    text.package

After u do that, download the english file version, and put them in res folder:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwYL...VkdEh2UFU/edit

The game site is :
    http://kfgame.ru/

The registretion link is:
    http://kfgame.ru/registration

Download game link:
    http://kfgame.ru/download

The torrent one is really good!

Not a big deal.
    The game is open beta, so is not need it a key!
    Will be a good practice for EU servers.

You can copy those 3 files from the NA client and put them in the Russian client for the english conversion.

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

got an error message installing it. probably with file 1a

edit: solved, downloaded the torrent instead of the single files

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I tried this, but it says my account is not valid. Something like a 51001 error.

Not sure why since I registered one at the KFGame site...

EDIT: Solved - need to log in on the Russian splash screen instead.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by birdycephon

lol

In Soviet Russia, the R pronounces u :P

Ok, that is hilarious.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Gormok
    The VIP is built into all versions of the game, other than that no other restrictions. Offline leveling is part of the perks of the VIP, but free players can lvl just as fast using team training. I am playing on the Russian servers until the either the NA or EU release. I plan on getting a VIP, but I will not shell out one cent for a beta. Oh one other thing the Russians have patched in the second internal skill set as well.

Exactly my thoughts. I am on the Russian server as well and having a blast. My IGN is Shiory and I am in Scholars clan.

Havent met any english speaker yet but havent played that much either.

My plan is to start over in NA server once the OB or release comes and hoping Snail doesnt screw up the NA version.

Curiously European site and versions of the game seem more polished so far...

Originally posted by Juaks

Exactly my thoughts. I am on the Russian server as well and having a blast. My IGN is Shiory and I am in Scholars clan.

My plan is to start over in NA server once the OB or release comes and hoping Snail doesnt screw up the NA version.

We have an English speaking guild for anyone that wants to join. The guild name is YingziFusion and the leader is Ying contact him and he can get you in guild or contact Jiusheen.  If you see any of our members just pst us and we'll see to it that someone gets you invited.

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210

We have an English speaking guild for anyone that wants to join. The guild name is YingziFusion and the leader is Ying contact him and he can get you in guild or contact Jiusheen.  If you see any of our members just pst us and we'll see to it that someone gets you invited.

Excellent. I will have to try this game out and if it is my style I will try and contact you for fun and invite.

Originally posted by Chuckanar

Excellent. I will have to try this game out and if it is my style I will try and contact you for fun and invite.

Great we'll be glad to have you, lots of N/A players are coming over. So we should be able to form a nice little english speaking community.

• ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80
    As a european with NA elite edition I can't tell you how happy I am I joined the russian server, so many more people cause of the no time restriction, guild chat (In the guild recommended above) is active so the language barrier of the rest of the server doesn't bother me. I went from having a great time on NA to having the BEST time on the russian servers.
    I feel the same way, I was having fun on the N/A server but could only play for an hour. Since I joined the Russian server I have been having a blast. I think Snail screwed up with the limited closed beta, and on top of that DE and Elite will have a 3 month headstart. So it's oneshot city for all of the free players, I'll probably stick to the Russian server until the EU version launches. I live in the Southern U.S. and my ping is not that bad, so i'll be fine in the EU version. The N/A version, people have to much of a headstart over people that did not buy in.
  • MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Curious as to what the latency/ping times seem like for those of you in the US playing on Russian server ? Thinking this would be a good way to get to try the game for a few more weeks to see if want to buy the deluxe version , plus learning mechanics etc.
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

How is the lag compared to the NA servers?

edit: I play from EU

Lag isn't bad and my ping hangs at around 150-200 and i can run two clients no sweat. My only only gripe is the double currency. The ingame coin is totally worthless, and the unbound silver can be difficult to come by. Since there are not that many ways to acquire it. I spend a lot of my time kidnapping since I am not strong enough to collect bounties.
    I get a fatal error when I try and launch the game. Odd says there is no exe file. Tried to use the kfupdater and it says no exe file also. Installed it from the torrent files. arg.
    I get a fatal error when I try and launch the game. Odd says there is no exe file. Tried to use the kfupdater and it says no exe file also. Installed it from the torrent files. arg.

Try running it as admin that's what i had to do.

Try running it as admin that's what i had to do.

What the heck. I could have sworn that I tried that last night.. oh well it is updating now. And downloading the english file you suggested.

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Getting around 350-520 ms ping from west coast U.S.
    Yea my ping is not to bad at all. Thought it would be worse. USA east coast.