Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Man Is This Board Stale

ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

Top page topics are stale and past due dates.

News items are always just rehash.

The same old cycle of flame bait and trolls.

Even the faithful seem to have thinned out and become less active.

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by ennymith

Between xmas a new year's.  "Hmm, wonder where everybody went."

/baffle

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• MoutonDocileMoutonDocile Member Posts: 17
    Are you whining that there's not enough whining? :P

Seriously, it's the holidays and there are far more active gw2 boards out there.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Yup it's the holiday season so news is scarce and thus so are fresh topics.So instead we have people starting up the same stale topics to state the same old opinions about over and over to pass time.Remember here in MMORPG.com expired equine abuse is an all time favorite.
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281

Are you Frank Skinner?

I got my paper on boxing day- apparently people are booking their summer holidays, front page news. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

The WOW board is stale as well and has been for a long time.  What does that mean?  GW2 had its hyping phase, we argued endlessly about whether it would fail or not, the game released and sold a lot of copies, and a lot of people are still playing it.

Like WOW, SWTOR, Rift, Tera, LOTRO, The Realm Online, Ultima Online, and every other MMO that has ever existed -- there's just not much to say any more.  especially if you're one of us that is still enjoying it.

back to WvW i go!

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

The WOW board is stale as well and has been for a long time.  What does that mean?  GW2 had its hyping phase, we argued endlessly about whether it would fail or not, the game released and sold a lot of copies, and a lot of people are still playing it.

Like WOW, SWTOR, Rift, Tera, LOTRO, The Realm Online, Ultima Online, and every other MMO that has ever existed -- there's just not much to say any more.  especially if you're one of us that is still enjoying it.

back to WvW i go!

haha, how did you manage to turn this thread to GW2?  Masterful work. 

I realised my mistake and was about to edit this- well I have now- but sod it would have been better left alone. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

They're busy enjoying GW2 and the holidays.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Icewhite

/baffle

Not just that, but the official forums seem to be where most people are. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Yesterday and today - day long sessions of GW2 with my GF.

She is doing tea now.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Official GW2 board is over moderated, better to go to fan site and talk about the game, seems you are not allowed to discuss anything in length.  "this thread has run its course and will now be closed, thank you for your understanding"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Really, what else is there to say? Until some major new event or content is released, it is what it is, you can go play it....or not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

The WOW board is stale as well and has been for a long time.  What does that mean?  GW2 had its hyping phase (etc.)

The op didn't mention any game at all.

But I guess he did put his op on this board, hoping to hook a few (like yourself) for the Daily Argument Clinic to liven up his day a little bit (?)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Icewhite

/baffle

Every one went to where there are no computers or internet? Where do we find this place?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    It's like value bread from the grocery. Just leave it out of the bag in open air for ten minutes and you've faux toast...
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    It's like value bread from the grocery. Just leave it out of the bag in open air for ten minutes and you've faux toast...

Chuckle.

Rubber chicken. 

No one knows why it's laying on the counter, but no one can resist picking it up either.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Man, i swear you're stale aswell.