Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue #5 content

fafnir123fafnir123 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Hi..i just tried the trial of the game and i love it..i'm surprise that i have so much fun in it..

So after playing it i'm planning on getting the full game but budget is pretty tight and i don't think i can buy it before new year..

SO the question is how much the issue #5 cover and how many quest will there be?will i miss much f i don;t have it?

Comments

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Just from an overview of the "issues" they release, they seem pretty small. I  don't think you're missing out on that much. But also know to keep checking amazon and know steam's sale will end on the 5th I believe.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by fafnir123

Hi..i just tried the trial of the game and i love it..i'm surprise that i have so much fun in it..

So after playing it i'm planning on getting the full game but budget is pretty tight and i don't think i can buy it before new year..

SO the question is how much the issue #5 cover and how many quest will there be?will i miss much f i don;t have it?

if i understand you correctly your kind of worrying if you miss issue 5..if you purchase now or before a certain date(not sure which) it is included with the price  of the game..you will only have to pay for issue 6 onwards..and they were mentioning something like $5-$10 depending on how much is in the issue.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Issue #5 is already live. It includes a new auxiliary weapon (the Quantum Brace, which I haven't tried yet), some missions and the Mayan end of the world event. The event will be over soon and is more annoying than useful for newbies. It's a good update, but not essential by any means.
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    I believe the event is just an event lol... Plus aint like they can use this even again :P
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    I think an Amazon sale might be coming around on Jan 1 or 2, but you will miss out on the free Issue 5 (already live) if you purchase after 12/31, so it sort of evens out.  It's $22.50 right now on Amazon and Steam.  You can always get the Issue later  for $5 or $10 -- the storyline in Issue 5 is a bit more difficult content anyway, and you are getting a lot of content in the regular game just to start.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Keep an eye out for it popping up in a steam flash sale
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Issue #5 is already live. It includes a new auxiliary weapon (the Quantum Brace, which I haven't tried yet), some missions and the Mayan end of the world event. The event will be over soon and is more annoying than useful for newbies. It's a good update, but not essential by any means.

The paid DLC consists only of the Tyler Freeborn mission chain. All the other content added in issue #5 will continue to be available to anyone who buys the game (saving the event, which finishes on 7th January).

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

End of Days Event:

-ending soon

-focused more on QL10-10.5 (basically 'max level') players though, so ignore it now until next year!

-has cutscenes, world bosses, mayan zombie spawns, unique dungeon (Xiabalba, with Normal and Harder mode)

-no charge

New Aux Weapon (Quantum Brace):

-tailored more for endgame players

-need to be at least of faction rank 6 to even access the mission for it, I think (yes, they unlock after doing a story mission)

-no charge

-(it is heavily hinted that FUTURE aux weapons WILL be DLC. We now have one Melee, one Ranged, and one Magic weapon 'free' with the game, but the future 6 weapons will end up as DLC IMO)

Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn:

-buy now/before end of December(?) and you get this content 'free'

-it is 4 missions long, involving action and investigation and maybe sabotage mission types (I forget)

-heavy story/larger lore focus, on Solomon Island (initial 3 zone sized region of the game)

-tailored for QL10 players, so it's more of a 'return to older areas' content

-will be $5 once they stop offering it free for new client purchases, so $1.25 per mission, or '$1 per mission and $1 for its package and rewards', if you want to think that way

Other New Missions:

-One sabotage mission in Egypt's Scorched Desert (QL7-8 zone)

-One investigation mission in Transylvania's Shadowy Forest (early QL10 zone)

-These ones are no charge

New Other Features:

-Investigation missions are now repeatable. I think their experience points reward is nerfed one repeated plays though, so it is more there for you to see the cutscenes, story, and gameplay experience again (or help other players through them, sometimes).

-Hotkey binding for items

-These features are no charage

So you answer your questions..

Q: I don't think I can buy it before new year.

A: So you know, it's like $22ish on Steam right now and $17ish on Amazon

Q: How much will Issue #5 cover?

A: See above post.

Q: How many quests?

A: 2 free ones + 4 DLC ones = 6

But also several ones exclusive for the world event (I know at least one has a cutscene)

Q: Will I miss much if I don't have it?

A: You may miss the Initiate Pack being bundled in your game (beginner weapons and talismans + Blood Raven pet + Faction jacket, for all characters), and the 4 mission DLC questline, but that's it.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Scalpless

I started a few days before this went live. The mayan thing was great and helped me level so fast. Including all the QL5-10 items, consumables, and resources i got. It boosted my AP, SP, bank account. They never attacked unless you attacked first, not sure why this was such a problem for many. Without this i would probably be still back in the savage coast instead of halfway through egypt.

I took it for what it was and tried to get as much out of it as i could.  Just sad its almost over, still need a few more coin for that pet :/

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by SwobyJ

-it is 4 missions long, involving action and investigation and maybe sabotage mission types (I forget)

-heavy story/larger lore focus, on Solomon Island (initial 3 zone sized region of the game)

-will be $5 once they stop offering it free for new client purchases, so $1.25 per mission, or '$1 per mission and $1 for its package and rewards', if you want to think that way

God i hope not all their DLC's are like that, i surely will not pay just for missions. 5$ for 4 missions? Rather pay a sub elsewhere lol. Better value for the $$$$.  And people that sub to TSW should not have to pay for DLC's its bad business in my book. Like lifetimers still having to pay 50% of the DLC is just BS, and im not even a lifer lol.

Originally posted by Onomas

God i hope not all their DLC's are like that, i surely will not pay just for missions. 5$ for 4 missions? Rather pay a sub elsewhere lol. Better value for the $$$$.  And people that sub to TSW should not have to pay for DLC's its bad business in my book. Like lifetimers still having to pay 50% of the DLC is just BS, and im not even a lifer lol.

Keep in mind that these are not more typical missions. They compose a larger story together, have a number of scenes more fitting a main storyline (instead of just the 1 intro scene you'd get from most normal action/sab/investigation missions), and show major lore stuff.

Honestly, if you don't want it, don't get it. It's 4 missions and if you're going to complain, you may as well show Funcom you won't pay for it, for all the good that'll do.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I started a few days before this went live. The mayan thing was great and helped me level so fast. Including all the QL5-10 items, consumables, and resources i got. It boosted my AP, SP, bank account. They never attacked unless you attacked first, not sure why this was such a problem for many. Without this i would probably be still back in the savage coast instead of halfway through egypt.

Not quite correct: the first Mayan zombie (Xialban?) always showed up already aggro. You had to take him down, loot his remains and accept the side mission. After that, you got the ones that were not innately aggro.

• Gr3nd3LGr3nd3L Member Posts: 3

You have faulty information there.  Players that sub and lifetimers don't have to pay anything for the content packs.  They can use the 1200 shop points they get every month to purchase the packs.  And they have a price guarantee, that says that if any content pack is released with a price higher than the monthly 1200 point stipend, the price of that pack will be reduced to 1200 points for the subbers and lifetimers.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Yea like the others said somewhat small in size.  A new aux weapon, and a quest line.  The Tyler Freeborn quest is however insanely epic and spooky.