Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Under Fire on Steam

1235»

Comments

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

False advertising is even on there main page. 

http://thewarz.com/index.html

Picture of a guy driving a car is the first thing you see, which of course you can't even do lol. 

The War Z: Zombie Game Huge World

Choose one of the hundreds of servers to play on. 
    Each Zombie Game world has an area of up to 400 square kilometers. LIE lol...

Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game. - LIE lol.. 

No mention of these being things planned for the future, main page is saying these things are whats in WarZ. No mention of it being alpha or beta access, no mention of this being a limited founders version or any other crap like that. 

If you screen shot this it makes it possible to get a refund for copies bought from the official site through various means. They have the exact same false advertising on the main page as they did on steam. It's a little sad. 

uninformed much ??? It would take 2 minutes of research to see what "is" in game and what "isnt" in game and also what is planned for the future. If someone is DUMB enough to buy a game without doing 2 min of research on it,no matter what the steam page said, they dont deserve thier money back. Stupid is as stupid does.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Dkompoze

Picture of a guy driving a car is the first thing you see, which of course you can't even do lol. 

Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game. - LIE lol.. 

No mention of these being things planned for the future, main page is saying these things are whats in WarZ. No mention of it being alpha or beta access, no mention of this being a limited founders version or any other crap like that. 

If you screen shot this it makes it possible to get a refund for copies bought from the official site through various means. They have the exact same false advertising on the main page as they did on steam. It's a little sad. 

uninformed much ??? It would take 2 minutes of research to see what "is" in game and what "isnt" in game and also what is planned for the future. If someone is DUMB enough to buy a game without doing 2 min of research on it,no matter what the steam page said, they dont deserve thier money back. Stupid is as stupid does.

Whats ironically comical about your reply is, if you had done even 1 second research and read the first line in his post, he clearly said 'main page' not steam.

If someone is DUMB enough to not read what that are replying to and then call them out on it, they deserve to have a reply ridiculing them.

So I agree, Stupid is as stupid does. Thanks for the excellent example.

• Spooky1013Spooky1013 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    the worst was, they absolutely stone wall for a refund if it's been over 60 days, I should never have waited out a release to hope this would ever get any better, lesson learned. although, on the other hand, I heard people were banned fromt he game accounts & blacklisted on xsolla for asking for refunds back around the motnh I bought the game anyways. catch 22 there, but the banning is just hearsay though. as far as I know

"Farewell remorse, all good to me is gone.. Evil, be Thou my Good."

I know it's a shitty thing to do, but there is no way to play this game without hacking , due to the fact that j ust about everyone I came across when I first tried it was doing the same thing, I figure being denied a refund I can't accept that I gave 30$ to some commie and let him keep it with nothing in return for it. So I'm gonna find a good hack and go get my money's worth for a week or 2 soon. 

the guy listed the URL to their main age, not the steam one. their main change hasn't changed for at least the last few months. and also, idiots or not, steam has a reputation, and generally you know what you're getting into there, you assume on a platform like steam that you're not being bamboozled by a bunch of greedy commies. I almost suspect you're not just a fanboy but one of them running around in different forums & identities trying to clean up their bad rep with posts like yours. 

• MegeraMegera Member UncommonPosts: 45

i didn't consider it a bad deal - it was 15 bucks, not 60 and it looks nice once you're in game.  so they haven't put in the skill tree and the maps aren't all in.  whoopde doo.  

The thing that irks me the most is the lack of ability to play the game.  its a murder sim, not a zombie apocalypse game.  I don't begrudge them my 15 bucks.  I begrudge them my hopes for a mmo that turned out to be a COD rip off.  

They fix the things i don't like, i'll most definatly play it.  they don't, eh, it was 15 bucks and i enjoyed about 3 hours of the 25 i played. I spend more than that going to the movies with a friend.  

From thier history - maybe they're scammers.  From the game - I'm still waiting.  it could be  - what, not vaporwear - there actually is software and you can log in and play - weakware maybe.  I got promised a pony and am still digging through teh massive pile of horsecrap looking for it.

• ZJohnnyZZJohnnyZ Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by zanfire
    SHOCK...GASP! after tons of people here and on other sites sat there and told people these guys were scammers...they pull some crap like this....not a surprise in the slightist.

+1 Agreed

Originally posted by Spooky1013

the guy listed the URL to their main age, not the steam one. their main change hasn't changed for at least the last few months. and also, idiots or not, steam has a reputation, and generally you know what you're getting into there, you assume on a platform like steam that you're not being bamboozled by a bunch of greedy commies. I almost suspect you're not just a fanboy but one of them running around in different forums & identities trying to clean up their bad rep with posts like yours. 

Very true! Me and some of my friends saw the game description which at the time had MMORPG in it, and features like; skill trees (plural), crafting, and building block stronghold building, progression and persistent world so naturally we jumped at it and bought it when it was on sale for $14.99 back in ALPHA (not on steam).  So we naturally were very disappointed to find out it was a generic shooter, but hopeful that all these promised features would come soon. Well the Beta came still just a FPS with zombies for ascetics in this kill on site and get as many PVP kill streaks (With the only thing missing is ordnance drops for a streak of 3 or more).  Since we bought the game all over the forums everywhere and Face Book tons of people kept asking for PVE servers or at least flags, skill trees, and everything that was described above, so we kept hope.  Then when all the Bans for using Steam or TeamSpeak overlays came, and ZERO RPG or PVE features still absent nor in progress we all left (35 of us in our clan), besides others that I know of!  I know that there are people that like the game the way it is, and that’s OK, but the game to very many was misleading and not what they wanted it to be (as advertised/promised)! I love Battlefield 3 and Halo 4 (well all Halos), and Call OF Duty series, in other words I like FPS games, but this is not what a lot of people thought this game was or was going to be (since in production).  A very good graphic Dead State (Still in production) was what I personally envisioned. 

Very true! Me and some of my friends saw the game description which at the time had MMORPG in it, and features like; skill trees (plural), crafting, and building block stronghold building, progression and persistent world so naturally we jumped at it and bought it when it was on sale for $14.99 back in ALPHA (not on steam).  So we naturally were very disappointed to find out it was a generic shooter, but hopeful that all these promised features would come soon. Well the Beta came still just a FPS with zombies for ascetics in this kill on site and get as many PVP kill streaks (With the only thing missing is ordnance drops for a streak of 3 or more).  Since we bought the game all over the forums everywhere and Face Book tons of people kept asking for PVE servers or at least flags, skill trees, and everything that was described above, so we kept hope.  Then when all the Bans for using Steam or TeamSpeak overlays came, and ZERO RPG or PVE features still absent nor in progress we all left (35 of us in our clan), besides others that I know of!  I know that there are people that like the game the way it is, and that’s OK, but the game to very many was misleading and not what they wanted it to be (as advertised/promised)! I love Battlefield 3 and Halo 4 (well all Halos), and Call OF Duty series, in other words I like FPS games, but this is not what a lot of people thought this game was or was going to be (since in production).  A very good graphic Dead State (Still in production) was what I personally envisioned. 

• CancrizansCancrizans Member Posts: 4
    SHOCK...GASP! after tons of people here and on other sites sat there and told people these guys were scammers...they pull some crap like this....not a surprise in the slightist.

They are not scammers at all. There is a very clear description on their website of what you are buying. The game is rough around the edges but has a lot of potential and tbh I personally find it fun to play the way it is. In addition, the email I recently received from Sergey Titov concerning the recent issues, as well as his and other developers general attitude the whole way through makes me confident that they have every intention of developing the game into something solid and unique.

All of the people screaming "scam" are misinformed and just spreading gossip like bored old ladies with nothing else to do with themselves.

• MMOdad72MMOdad72 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Cancrizans

They are not scammers at all. There is a very clear description on their website of what you are buying. The game is rough around the edges but has a lot of potential and tbh I personally find it fun to play the way it is. In addition, the email I recently received from Sergey Titov concerning the recent issues, as well as his and other developers general attitude the whole way through makes me confident that they have every intention of developing the game into something solid and unique.

All of the people screaming "scam" are misinformed and just spreading gossip like bored old ladies with nothing else to do with themselves.

Explain his blatant lie about Steam pulled it because they ran out of keys.

When at the exact same time Steam was stating they pulled it because of its issues.

So its ok for the main dev to repeatedly lie in interviews about such things ?

• ckahlerckahler Member UncommonPosts: 2
    All I can say is Steam is a (Rip Off  Company) and I hope it fails in the future I'm sick of having to log into my games 2 times every time I want to play something that I paid 60$ for... and then  get advertisment's every time I  quit the game. Why did steam ever get popular in the first place and why do they think they have to have there hand in every damn  game that comes out? I know my 60$ is miniscule to the gaming world but that's is not the issue. I used to be a hard core COD fan untill steam  had a say in it. i wish  somoone would make a classaction lawsuit on them for forcing people to use there product in order to play a game that is bought at Gamestop or Ebgames or where ever it may be. This whole article serves there arse  right. Much punishment to Steam. Sory I know this is a bit off topic but I seen that steam messed up and I had to vent.... Power to the gamers<<<<< :()
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Originally posted by ckahler
    All I can say is Steam is a (Rip Off  Company) and I hope it fails in the future I'm sick of having to log into my games 2 times every time I want to play something that I paid 60$ for... and then  get advertisment's every time I  quit the game. Why did steam ever get popular in the first place and why do they think they have to have there hand in every damn  game that comes out? I know my 60$ is miniscule to the gaming world but that's is not the issue. I used to be a hard core COD fan untill steam  had a say in it. i wish  somoone would make a classaction lawsuit on them for forcing people to use there product in order to play a game that is bought at Gamestop or Ebgames or where ever it may be. This whole article serves there arse  right. Much punishment to Steam. Sory I know this is a bit off topic but I seen that steam messed up and I had to vent.... Power to the gamers<<<<< :()

YOu are misinformed. Steam in not at fault. Steam is not responsible for the features listed on the steam page. THe features listed are listed at the request of the developer. Steam took responsibility due to the fact they allow that game to slip thru with out vetting it. Steam has a policy that if a developer had a game approved for release prior, other titles get approved without being vetted.

The reason companies use steam is to cut down on piracy and to save money on publishing. Also, Steam is far from a ripoff. I can purchase a game 1 time, and install it multiple times across multiple machines. A great feature for a person like me, who goes thru many PC's.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• jocan2003jocan2003 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by ckahler

there's a checkbox under your steam login that you click on and you don't have to log in again next time you want to play your game.

So he dont like steam, but dont mind playinbg a game without feature he paid for, that and he dont know he can auto-login... feel like either a stupid man, or a troll, either way he dont even deserve attention.

As for the dev/game, the current sight is horrible, in all, i mean ALL my time playing games, looking at game launches and i saw many and most likely more than the average player. Did you see UO launch? if you dont know UO you dont even think about speaking about me. Anyway this is by far the most HORRIBLE foundation/release/buy pack/call it what you want. When you go over a publisher you better be sure you give them the RIGHT information, keep a cool and abordable attidute and if there is a problem, whatever it is, must be ready to apply ressource for either damage control and fixing or deactivating/fixing the issue oh and also must WORK to keep your reputation and avoid situation that might jeopardize your professional integrity.

His reputation so far? Spoiled kid who cannot accept blame and spread lies around for a money grab, thats what its looking like right now. Sure he is a good devloper i wont remove that from him, but he better find a professional PR guy and listen to him ASAP.

The game idea is great on paper, but now that the money is rolling in, i feel like he is slacking, i might be wrong, and i REALLY hope that i am because i would love to see such a game come out. But so far... Eh.... I dont know.

TLDR; I wish him luck and i really hope it works, but he better kick his ass hard to work his way up in the reputation ladder.

• PsychoKiIIerPsychoKiIIer Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Given how simple Funcom's statements were about TSW, it really makes the doublespeak that other companies use really stand out.

“We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread information about game features.”

Nobody misread anything. They delivered misleading information. It's not even an apology. They're saying the problem is with all the people who read the information posted on the game and actually believed it*. Jerks.

** edit **
    I think this is a general problem with companies not being able to admit they did something wrong. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

You are so right when you point this out. And the funny thing is that when people first complaining about it they were criticizing and putting down those customers. Now that almost everyone has gotten a refund, they wrote a nice long letter apologizing to everybody and saying how they should've listen better. What ever! They're just saying that now because they were so rude to people, Their are afraid that no one ever buy from them again..

• jocan2003jocan2003 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by PsychoKiIIer
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Given how simple Funcom's statements were about TSW, it really makes the doublespeak that other companies use really stand out.

“We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread information about game features.”

Nobody misread anything. They delivered misleading information. It's not even an apology. They're saying the problem is with all the people who read the information posted on the game and actually believed it*. Jerks.

** edit **
    I think this is a general problem with companies not being able to admit they did something wrong. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

You are so right when you point this out. And the funny thing is that when people first complaining about it they were criticizing and putting down those customers. Now that almost everyone has gotten a refund, they wrote a nice long letter apologizing to everybody and saying how they should've listen better. What ever! They're just saying that now because they were so rude to people, Their are afraid that no one ever buy from them again..

Amen

• Crazyciler50Crazyciler50 Member Posts: 1
    well the map isn't as big but its bigger than 50 square and the servers are on 100 players you don't say anything cuz you obviuosly don't have the game!
  • CallMeSinnerCallMeSinner Member UncommonPosts: 7
    NO ONE MISREAD ANYTHING FUCK FACE.
  • ggregdggregd Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Notice everyone defending the game is using the same sort of bad English Titov used in the Gamespy interview.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by ggregd
    Notice everyone defending the game is using the same sort of bad English Titov used in the Gamespy interview.

kind of laughable about how their suddenly using the but its more than 50km and there are 100 players on it now.. excuse.. which is not only lame, its also too late, and far far from the only issue with the game.. the jig so to speak is definitely up, and they have been bubbled.. big time, i would be extremely surprised if anyone bought the game now tbh.. the damage is at such a level, that even if they had the pope on side with a personal affidavit of authenticity backing them up, they wouldnt be believed image

not that he would mind you, i hear he is a WoW fan through and through, has a horde toon that totally owns in pvp image

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247

If you expected Steam to protect you somehow, you were sadly mistaken.

That being said, if this game was released in any kind of public way as an "alpha", it is only to be expected that there will be many subscribers that don't have any clue what an "alpha" version of a game is. Steam and the publisher are both at fault here - and if this kind of thinking demonstartes the thinking behind the game, I wouldn't be interested now if I was before.

I only use Steam because I'm forced to.

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall