Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe: Guild Wars 2 is #1 game of 2012!

SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Okay, so Angry Joe has declared Guild Wars 2 as the best game of 2012. 

Video:  http://youtu.be/ENNEcL8WtSU

Now sure, it only won PC Game of the Year and RPG Game of the Year at Gamespot.com;  PC Game of the Year, Best PC MMO, and  Best PC Graphics over at IGN.com;  Best MMO at TenTonHammer.com. Best MMO over at Gametrailers.com;  Best Art Direction in video games by msnbc.com; MMO of the year at Massively.com.  But also it had won overall Game of the Year at Time Magazine.

It's a very well done reasoning for naming it above all the other games in his Top 10 list, and it points to many of the things that make it one of the best games out there (certainly the best MMO to releast in YEARS!).

P.S. Notice how Planetside 2 and Hawken are both on that list as well.  Just thought I'd throw it out there that two F2P games are now "top list" material, which means that AAA games of subscription and box style have much more to contend against in the coming year(s).

Comments

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Never heard of him
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Means nothing to me.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Why is he angry?

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Watched 3 seconds of his yelling, turned off. Not interested in some random noones opinion /shrug
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Watched 3 seconds of his yelling, turned off. Not interested in some random noones opinion /shrug

And yet, here you are, sharing your "random noone" opinion with the rest of us "random noones".

The internet's a wierd place.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114
     If he was Happy Joe i'd be more likely to believe him.
  • DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73

He must of played for about three hours before the dynamic events become less "dynamic" and the overall game becomes a shitfest in total.

Either way it definitely doesn't deserver Goty, Farcry 3 shits on it in every perspective.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Yup... fame is the determining factor in whether someone has a worthwhile opinion. That's why scientists and actors are basically the same thing. /sarcasm off. Joe does put forward some great reviews, and has one of the most prominent game review shows on Youtube. He has never given any game a 10/10, except gw2. I will say this. People may not like that score, but his argument is that you get a ton of bang for your buck with only paying the box price.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Love his reviews they are entertaining, completely disagree with the choice though. 
  • boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    This guy must be the most annoying person on youtube. His moustache alone makes me cringe.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Nice way of judging someone barely knowing anything about him.

Yeah he might be shouting, but his critisism in all his reviews is always spot on and realistic.

I think I've only ever seen one review of his i disagreed with and if you'd give his context/scripts a chance you'd value his opinion too.

That said, always keep your own opinion and mine is that guild wars 2 after you get full exotics is boring, and the dungeons are awful and i have no idea how this made his #1 game.

I'll probably play it on and off throughout the years.. But theres really nothing here that would make me play it over any other MMO.

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

As a GW2 player I would love the game to be a 10/10.

But the GW2 Management Team running the game now is not, in many key positions, the same that developed the game.

Presently, GW2 Management Team is only interested in bleeding our wallets through gems selling. And the best proof of it is the effort they put on childish new content like Guitar Hero achievements and Super Mario jumping puzzles, trying to atract the casual players.

The game real issues, that involve a lot more work to solve, are just left behind.

Reading the official forums is very sad, hundreds of posters asking for a reason to keep playing the game but ArenaNet silence and the moderators dictatorship merging/deleting posts just shies more and more people away.

GW2 with a good Management Team could be a very good game. It is not the case. Unless someone with enough power and vision fires a huge chunk of the team and gets better staff, the game will slide to oblivia very fast.

If you want to play GW2 like a solo RPG for 1 or 2 months, you can buy the game, play it and then shelf it.

If you want to play an enduring MMORPG then is better to wait for the upcoming releases because GW2 is not your game.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Glad he liked it, (he's the best game review in the world right now)  there was some great games in his top 10 this year. I'm suprised GW2 was top only due to how good the others where, but I am not too suprised, Joe's opinions on games are very representative of the general public and also very broad in taste, and GW2 was designed to win over those who couldn't get past the many flaws and querks of standard themepark mmos.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by DarkVergil

He must of played for about three hours before the dynamic events become less "dynamic" and the overall game becomes a shitfest in total.

Either way it definitely doesn't deserver Goty, Farcry 3 shits on it in every perspective.

Nice try, but no.

Far Cry is not an MMO, so in no way does it shit on GW 2 in that respect.

If you think GW2 is not an MMO, and just has co-op gameplay, sorry to burst your bubble again, but GW2 is better in that respect than Far Cry 3 as well.

Is GW2 game of the year? I dont know, and franklly, I dont care either, but Far Cry 3, as fun as it is, does not shit all on it in any case.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281

Would rather listen to this: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4J6i_vw0w

only Beatles tune I like.  Nothing to do with GW2, but a lot better. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Why is he angry?

Because he played WoW long time ago..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• I really like Angry Joe and have similar taste in games. I hated GW2 when I played it during the beta, but him putting it as no. 1 makes me want to give it a second chance.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Why is he angry?

It's his persona, and it often used against really bad games, (his funniest reviews are the negative ones, such has his top 32 reasons Fable 3 sucks) and more importantly his anger is directed at the bad practices of games publishers and corperations, as a consumer activist.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Why is he angry?

It's his persona, and it often used against really bad games, (his funniest reviews are the negative ones, such has his top 32 reasons Fable 3 sucks) and more importantly his anger is directed at the bad practices of games publishers and corperations, as a consumer activist.

u shud tell him to review The WarZ....

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    First saw Joe on his King arthur the Roleplaying wargame review. He is in my opinion the most honest and passionate reviewer in the Video Game industry. If I saw such passion in ign, GT, or mmorpg.coms reviews id certaintly take them serious. I almost ALWAYS agree with joe but since im burnt out mmos i dont agree here. Still its his own opinion and I might pick up GW2 again just to see whats changed.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    the ONLY reason he gave GW2 GOTY is cuz he was a HARDCORE WoW player and the main feture that bought him over to GW2 was the no fee....

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

So you clicked a link to youtube expecting some world famous person? 

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Why is he angry?

Gimmick to attract internet views.  See: Francis.

Seems to be workin for him, as expected.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    He's a funny guy but does not know much about MMORPGs. He is mostly into console games and such.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I really enjoy the Angry Joe Show and his reviews. The guy is entitled to his opinion and states it well with style. In particular the GW2, Borderlands 2, and Planet Side 2, reviews had me laughing out loud.

I admit, he talks too much trash and seems a little insecure to actually play games with though (re his X-Com match against Total Halibut / Biscuit for example.) Man... I’d have switched sides and soooo been after him for the PS2 plane crash. lol.

GW2 surprised me as his choice for game of the year but I can see why. PS2 and Hawken making the list was a nice surprise too. I do wish he and other reviewers would consider doing an indie game of the year show as a niche.