Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: PvP Update Posted

2»

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by xtrabullets
    Lol this game is such trash. Gotta say im loving Torchlight 2 though. Its everything this garbage of a sequel should have been.

Really? I found TL2 just as boring and lacklustre like D3. No real pvp too in TL2 lool so no big difference. I got much better value from D3 at least. TL2 was barely worth the 15 pounds I spent on it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    LOL im sorry to everyone that actually had faith in the D3 develop team. Its been trash since day 1 and nothing has changed since.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Well in a way it's bad news as we're not getting PvP yet - but on the other hand Blizzard do not want to throw somthing out there they're not happy with (most other devs would), they're sticking to to their guns and quality standards.  

Sure we could say why is it taking so long but we all know Blizzard, they're slow but what they produce is more often than not worth it.

For me D3 will remain uninstalled until the PvP is out.

And to the all trash talkers its impossible to please all of the people all of the time so why bother.  For me TL2 was very very generic nothing new in that game  just a stright up D1.5 clone, even the devs knew they couldn't sell it at full price, as for PoE I've yet to play but looks like a balance nightmare to me.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I'm completely puzzled that people actually bought this game in the first place. RMAH, logging issues, PVP removed etc.

Anyway, this is a fair warning for those hoping that Titan will be the next big thing. And if you're still enjoying and paying for WoW, please ignore this post, just repeat to yourself...millions of subs can't be wrong, right? image

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by xtrabullets
    Lol this game is such trash. Gotta say im loving Torchlight 2 though. Its everything this garbage of a sequel should have been.

Really? I found TL2 just as boring and lacklustre like D3. No real pvp too in TL2 lool so no big difference. I got much better value from D3 at least. TL2 was barely worth the 15 pounds I spent on it.

If you view games in such a shallow light that graphics are a greater factor then mechanics, then I can see how you might think D3 is better. Torchlight 2 does a lot in terms of providing an ARPG that not only provides challenge but also a lot of thought into it. It doesn't have all its focus in polish and yet it comes off being very clean and entertaining. 

It says a lot to me when I can roll easily 50+ hours on TL2 and feel far more engaged with my character then I can D3. For D3 it was "Alright rush through this crap, spam this certain area to get to this level to progress" while TL2 I enjoyed playing through the entire story. 

Open your eyes and look beyond graphics or the 'name' and you can see the flaws far easier and you can realize just how much more value a game like TL2 has when you consider the price tag compared to Diablo 3.

Perhaps Diablo 3 fits a casual game a lot better then TL2, but if your more 'hardcore' and really like a game involving more thought and planning and the ability to really make your character your own, Torchlight vastly succeeds Diablo 3 in virtually every way, and feels far more like a successor to diablo 2. 

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42
    Huh???? people are still playing this title??? who knew.......
  • endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

Jay Wilson on D3 PvP yesterday:

"For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth.  Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly.  We've brought a lot of people in to try out Team Deathmatch and, while some found it entertaining, most of our testers didn't feel like it was something they'd want to do beyond a few hours. Without more varied objectives, or very lucrative rewards, few saw our current iteration as something they'd want spend a lot of time in."

Now, I'm going repeat that paragraph, but just change a few words:

For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth.  Simply fighting monsters with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly.  We've brought a lot of people in to try out Diablo 3 and, while some found it entertaining, most of our players didn't feel like it was something they'd want to do beyond a few hours. Without more varied objectives, or very lucrative rewards, few saw our current iteration as something they'd want spend a lot of time in.

See what I did?

• mistersalty1mistersalty1 Member Posts: 26
    path of exile is everying diablo 3 should have been
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Sciva
    Oh come on, this is just silly with the amount of time the game had been in development.

Ditto.  Can't believe they're just now working out issues for something that should have been in at release.

Then again, it made them millions in sales.  Sometimes I wonder if these "too little too late" feature additions after huge box sales are just part of the design to make money.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by mistersalty1
    path of exile is everying diablo 3 should have been

hear comments like x game should have been more like y game a lot, but truth is, as bad as Diablo 3 is, and imo, its not worth my time at all, at least in its current form. PoE is one where comments that include the use of the term 'barge pole' spring to mind, im glad to see that Blizzard are working on adding PVP - they promised it a long time ago and imo, are a bit slow on implementation, but if they get it right, then i guess its better to be late than to release something thats barely playable etc, see far too much of that already, personally though, the only really good Diablo game was the first one.image

I wonder how many people on this thread talking about how bad they think D3 is have.....

1. Even the played the game to begin with or are simply on the Blizz hate bandwagon
    2. Know about the changes and additions that have been madeadded post launch
    3. Stuck in the year 2000 and think games should not evolve past that time frame
    4. Even know how the RMHA works or indeed how it will NOT effect them 1 little bit
    5. Think D3 was designed as a single player game with always on DRM added later
    Here are my answers

1. 50%
    2. 20%
    3. 10%
    4. 20%
    5. 60%

• upbanupban Member Posts: 8
    path of exile is UGLY!))))
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by expresso

I wonder how many people on this thread talking about how bad they think D3 is have.....

1. Even the played the game to begin with or are simply on the Blizz hate bandwagon
    2. Know about the changes and additions that have been madeadded post launch
    3. Stuck in the year 2000 and think games should not evolve past that time frame
    4. Even know how the RMHA works or indeed how it will NOT effect them 1 little bit
    5. Think D3 was designed as a single player game with always on DRM added later
    Here are my answers

1. 50%
    2. 20%
    3. 10%
    4. 20%
    5. 60%

1. played it, beat it, bored within 15 hours.

2. yes, too little too late and really didn't change much as the real issues are with the core design of the game and not just "i need more MF!"

3. i think some companies should take a hard look at that time frame to be honest, they seem to have forgotten quite a bit in the last 10-15 years.

4. AH/RMAH only helped ruin D3. it added nothing to the game, only detracted from users interacting with one another. trading and barter was one of the biggest if not the biggest meta game within the diablo franchise; dead in D3 due to AH/RMAH.

5. diablo 3 should have remained a single player game at its core, with multiplayer options. there was absolutely no reason to make the game 100% online past blizzard wanting people to have to click past the RMAH every time they went into a new game.

*the prevailing thought these days in game design seems to be "how can we milk every user for all they are worth" rather than "how can we create a game that is so much fun that everyone will want to play it?" Yes, the first option is the safest in investor's minds, but how many games made with that mindset have made it past the 3 month mark with a majority of their customer base still in-tact? exactly none.

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    News Flash. PC game "everyone" hates sells between 11 and 12 million copies in nine months. Yeah it must be a really bad game to be so popular. PoE and TL2 will be lucky to sell half that many combined. Honestly I think even Blizzard is overestimating the importance of PvP to what is essentially a single player game.

And why did Bliz sell so many copies? Name recognition. The game is bad and 11-12 million people know it.

Originally posted by evilized
    News Flash. PC game "everyone" hates sells between 11 and 12 million copies in nine months. Yeah it must be a really bad game to be so popular. PoE and TL2 will be lucky to sell half that many combined. Honestly I think even Blizzard is overestimating the importance of PvP to what is essentially a single player game.

And why did Bliz sell so many copies? Name recognition. The game is bad and 11-12 million people know it.

Care to explain how you can speak for every person who bought the game?

I don't have to, go read the (non IGN) reviews. Also log in and look at the amount of people playing, then imagine how many of those are actually just bots used for selling stuff on the RMAH. I'll give you a hint: a lot.

Care to explain how you can speak for every person who bought the game?

I don't have to, go read the (non IGN) reviews. Also log in and look at the amount of people playing, then imagine how many of those are actually just bots used for selling stuff on the RMAH. I'll give you a hint: a lot.

Yeah thought you wouldn't be able to. The gold rush at the RMAH is basically dead. The game has been selling well for a long time now. It's not just name recognition any more. This PvP announcement won't help sales but it probably won't hurt them either. People buying now just want to play the game.

I was pointing out that I don't have to because they are speaking for themselves. Anyway it seems that you are one of the tens of people still playing the game and enjoying it. Good for you I guess.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Diablo 1 and 2 were ahead of their time. Diablo 3 is so far behind. There really is nothing innovative about it.... other than a few days of D1/D2 nostalgia.
  • tocsixtocsix Member Posts: 10

I am playing Diablo 3 again but only because i have a friend who im currently enjoying messing around in the game with.

I think with thew addition of paragon levels, ubers and loot being adjusted with items that are supposed to be powerful actually being just that,  they have fixed some broken elements that made me not care to play.with monster levels some of the bosses can be made into real badasses and are quite fun to beat. Without a really good pvp system though i do feel like chasing that epic gear really is a waste of time and there is no real carrot on the stick to try deck out a character to the max unless you can smash live players.Dueling will be fun but it just doesnt cut it.

I still have hope for this game and i enjoy it in my spare time for what it is anyways.

• SzkieletorSzkieletor Member UncommonPosts: 34

Blizzard just lost it.

They are not capable of making good games anymore, it is just going to be more of the same. So, if you liked WoW, Diablo3, SC2 singleplayer, then just wait for a similar game with a new name from them ;]

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

Blizzard has lost (or fired) their skilled staff.

D3 is he result of average game designers and devs that think way too much for themselves; working in this area I see it way to often and it saddens me every time.

I think Blizzard would be better if they associate with EA .... the hunger for money is great for both of them :)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I don't understand how Jay Wilson still has his job.  Sure the game sold a lot of copies, but that was thanks to the Diablo franchise and there being literally no competition in the genre.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    People want to add pvp to single player games and take it out of mmorpg's........... i just dont understand this community at all these days.
    If they do go the root of MOBA style PvP I think it will work really well in the D3 engine, the combat in D3 is very responsive and viseral I can see my barb leaping at a group of creeps, cleaving then backing out.