Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wait Until After the 1st

If you're thinking of playing AC2, I recommend that you wait until after Jan. 1.  The server is crashing every 30-40 minutes today (it's been crashing every couple of hours for two weeks) and it can get pretty frustrating.  After a crash, the server takes about a half hour to restart.  A fix is expected when Turbine is fully staffed again after the holidays.  Better to wait a bit than have a bad impression!

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
          Kinda why it sounded odd to charge players to play a game in a beta state.
  • IIIcurrierIIIcurrier Member Posts: 88

I still wonder why turbine is wasting money on AC2 instead of making a next gen AC1....

This is why MMORPGs today fail.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Meh, if they make AC3, it'll probably have active twitchy combat and solo quest grinds and all that crap.
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Theocritus
          Kinda why it sounded odd to charge players to play a game in a beta state.

It sounds odd because it's not true. They're charging players for AC1; access to the AC2 beta server is just a bonus for subscribers.

Besides, if they had made the beta server open to anyone (even those without AC1 subscriptions) there would have likely been even more stability issues. Doing it the way they did it was the best way to go about it, really.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    I agree. The crashes and minor rollbacks were getting frustrating. I cancelled and will re-up in a few months to check it out again. Hopefully by then Turbine will make it more clear what they plan to do with AC2. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• IIIcurrierIIIcurrier Member Posts: 88
    AC2 epiphany of what is wrong with MMORPG's today. Same with EQ2.

Why is turbine wasting money here, instead of developing a real MMORPG.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I do like the grouping in AC2, especially because it's with some of the same people over and over.  Group XP is far superior to solo XP.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Sevenwind
    I agree. The crashes and minor rollbacks were getting frustrating. I cancelled and will re-up in a few months to check it out again. Hopefully by then Turbine will make it more clear what they plan to do with AC2. 

Same here.I stopped logging in about 5-6 days ago because of stability and rollbacks.On one hand I fully understand it's a beta right now,but the fact they're not saying what intention's are is bugging me.

I really like the game and played it up until it closed in 05.Just tell me as a player what the heck the plans are.

Are they going to keep it open and pay a sub?

Are they going to keep it open and go btp/ftp?

Are they using it to guage interest in fans and maybe a AC 2.5 or AC 3 is a possibility?

Hopefully we'll know more in the next week or so.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• AngryBeaverAngryBeaver Member UncommonPosts: 46

I think the server Stability issues have been resolved and the first patch is now out.

I would hate for them to make AC3 like the current day MMOs that would be a huge mistake. Most modern day MMOs keep me for about a week and i feel like im just repeating myself over and over. 

If they would just revamp AC1 with new Graphix i would probably loose my job due to playing =)