Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 was a lie, what to play now?

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

After years of hypo and waiting for GW2, I finally got it, tried and got disappointed.

To see more details, go to GW2 forum, please.

Now question to all guys in same situation: what else to play?

I avoid buy to win games, can't pay for WoW now (or I would play it again), never could play Aion and already played some LOTRO.

I'm ok to pay some money (like 5$ for something not too bad as for 15$ I can play cool WoW game), but seems now we need to pay much more.

Or it's the end of all gaming and nothing good comes for free/cheap?

I think I need some advises here, so anyone who knows anything good, please tell me.

Oh I hate games with bad graphic or ugly avatars.

Thanks!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    GW2 was a lie? Are you sure you didn't mix up GW2 with The Cake?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

GW2 is not a lie. It is just commiting suicide with the present management team.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I'm playing GW2 and really liking it.  I'm not sure what you mean by it was a lie, and I honestly don't care.  

I'm not sure why things should be suggested to you, as you are literally on a site that has game info about most all mmos, and you should be able to dig in and find something that would spark your interest. 

People who play The Secret World seem to like it.  Maybe you could try that. 

If not I think you might be able to get into Age of Wushu right now.  Not sure. 

These are both fairly new, and generally people seem to be enjoying their time with these. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    GW2 is only a lie for people who like to complain about games not being what they want. Every game is a lie for those people. Not sure why more of these posts keep poping up. We all have opinions, and lots of them stink.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

After years of hypo and waiting for GW2, I finally got it, tried and got disappointed.

I avoid buy to win games, can't pay for WoW now (or I would play it again), never could play Aion and already played some LOTRO.

I'm ok to pay some money (like 5$ for something not too bad as for 15$ I can play cool WoW game), but seems now we need to pay much more.

I think I need some advises here, so anyone who knows anything good, please tell me.

Thanks!

Can mods cancel this thread? The op mentioned gw2 in a negative way, prepare for a s**t storm.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

All I can say, avoid free to play games with an ingame shop. More and more people discover the flaws of this marketing strategy in games. You could try some normal multiplayer games or even single player ones.

What genres do you like ?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I'm not sure how GW2 was a lie.  But it definitely didn't hold my interest.  I've returned for their three events and just didn't have much fun.  I recently returned to WOW for a free 10 day promotion and had a lot more fun leveling and doing dungeons.  I have zero interest in returning to GW2 dungeons, WvW was boring and I never bothered with sPVP.  I find GW2 combat to be very boring.  In large part due to the fixed weapon based skills.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

If you're looking for something with little or no investment I'd go with EQ2 or Runes of Magic,EQ1,Vanguard,maybe SWTOR.But SWTOR you'll end up spending some eventually,the way it's set up.

Edit: Forgot Forsaken World,it's not to bad either and is ftp.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

A lie? Maybe not the game for you, but I'm not sure how it's a lie...

I'm currently enjoying TSW.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I love WoW, sorry to tell but it true.
    Only I can't pay 15$/months right now, so I'm looking for free/cheaper option to replace WoW.

I loved GW but it ended.

Runes of Magic was fun before it became heavy money trap / endless boring farm, although it outdated for me now as missing some modern features as "group finder", "fly mount" and some others (optional).

SW:TOR is born dead as I noticed from forum here, may be I'm wrong but seems so.

Final Fantasy is something attracts me but I can't understand these games system and lost at all these XXII:DD

Tera looks cool but so far I found non-playable.

Thanks for all reply, guys!
    I don't want to troll or give negative topic, all I want is find nice game to be hooked with.

• MoutonDocileMoutonDocile Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by aerinndis

can you try TSW for free (I don't want to buy 1 more game I dislike)?

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by aerinndis

can you try TSW for free (I don't want to buy 1 more game I dislike)?

Try Age of Wushu for free.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Most of what I'd list as good cheap games worth playing are already excluded from your list.

All that I have left are: DDO, Fallen Earth, and Vindictus.

BTW: what do you mean by "I loved GW but it ended." ?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

I loved GW but it ended.

now that you dont love it anymore you call it a lie? that is the same like talking crap about an ex gf/bf after the relationship ended. 

You are one horrible person

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

I can recommend Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

VG is under new management (new SOE Dev team) and going great these days, it's slightly older but I think you will be surprised.

It's Free to play

One of the best MMO communities around

Great GM's

Check it out and hopefully you will agree!

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Kilsin

I can recommend Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

VG is under new management (new SOE Dev team) and going great these days, it's slightly older but I think you will be surprised.

It's Free to play

One of the best MMO communities around

Great GM's

Check it out and hopefully you will agree!

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/

Supposedly they will be improving the f2p model soon.

Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly   I loved GW but it ended.  
    now that you dont love it anymore you call it a lie? that is the same like talking crap about an ex gf/bf after the relationship ended. 

You are one horrible person

OMG I loved GW and GW2 is lie to me is two different games. =(

• NightgroperNightgroper Member Posts: 76
    You know you could actually do some research, and check around the games list tab. You know instead of whining. Which is how this all kind of comes off as. The only thing your first post was missing was a giant *SIGH*.

The more I'm around the forums on this site, the more bitter I become.

Originally posted by XAPGames
    Most of what I'd list as good cheap games worth playing are already excluded from your list. All that I have left are: DDO, Fallen Earth, and Vindictus. BTW: what do you mean by "I loved GW but it ended." ?

thanks! will look all these!

and GW servers are more or less empty (I don't mind GW2 here), I played GW with real pleasure but people started to quite and it became very boring to do same stuff + alone.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by RedJorge

GW2 is not a lie. It is just commiting suicide with the present management team.

This. This is exactly what's happening. I just posted my final post in their forum about the problems with loot. You see I'm a farmer/explorer type player and with their current system there is absolutely nothing to do. We were told we could do anything we wanted. Well I'm disabled and I want to spend my time calmly farming for goods and making things with the crafting that I level. With their current loot hiccups I cannot do that, so someone lied. I am a pve explorer. I hate all things pvp. I cannot finish the map 100% because there are griefers in WvW who prevent people from completing the map by making siege weapons that knock people off of jump puzzles and Vista Points in an untrackable way preventing reporting individuals because Anet cannot see (for whatever reason) that the seige weapon was made by "blah" character on "blah" account. So I cannot get 100% completion. Lack of choices there. I left Aion because of the forced PVP that was imposed on the players right after buying the game some years ago. And this doesn't even cover the lack of management regarding having 2 people work on class bugs per class. The last three major updates (supposedly containing the holy grails of fixes) for engineers have all been nerfs and fixing underwater combat (10% of the combat of the game). And don't get me started on their invented gap that ascended is taking up or the sudden focus on the FotM making the entire world empty.

between the lack of choices, the problems making my class impossible to play because everything is either too weak or misses all the time or a combo of both, and poor design decisions post launch I cannot stress the disappointment this is been. Until a month before Nov 16th everything was fine.

This game is going on the shelf until they get their crap together I have no idea who took over the reigns or if they have too many departments working on the same thing but not communication or scheduling properly but whatever is happening this is the most poorly run AAA title since when they gave the reigns to a marine biologist at Blizzard for world of warcraft.

OP: I cannot answer your question because I dunno what to go back to. I have heard that DDO has changed many a thing. I really am not all that impressed with LOTRO atm. I am currently playing other things until Neverwinter comes out supposedly in Q1.

Age of Conan is a nice F2P game with a subscription option. As far as i know is not pay to win, and they raised some limitations to free players. The game as very nice graphics, and characters look sexier than The Secret Worlds and their movements are more realistic too. And you dont have to buy the box in AOC if i remember correctly

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Being pretty much in the same situation as the OP, I suggest The Secret World. It's fresh, innovative, diferent, fluid, deep and very addictive. And you can get it now for around 20-25€ with no subscription needed.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Thanks!

This is the 2nd thread you started regarding this... and again you're using gw2 as troll bait :D sad..

Nobody can tell you what you can play with certanty that you'll like it. Make your pick and try the games :P

Tho, I can't agree with you that GW2 was a lie... Mostly everything I expected to be in game was in game and it's pretty good... Misses more of endgame story, but well, there's time to improve that atleast.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by RedJorge

This. This is exactly what's happening. I just posted my final post in their forum about the problems with loot. You see I'm a farmer/explorer type player and with their current system there is absolutely nothing to do. We were told we could do anything we wanted. Well I'm disabled and I want to spend my time calmly farming for goods and making things with the crafting that I level. With their current loot hiccups I cannot do that, so someone lied. I am a pve explorer. I hate all things pvp. I cannot finish the map 100% because there are griefers in WvW who prevent people from completing the map by making siege weapons that knock people off of jump puzzles and Vista Points in an untrackable way preventing reporting individuals because Anet cannot see (for whatever reason) that the seige weapon was made by "blah" character on "blah" account. So I cannot get 100% completion. Lack of choices there. I left Aion because of the forced PVP that was imposed on the players right after buying the game some years ago. And this doesn't even cover the lack of management regarding having 2 people work on class bugs per class. The last three major updates (supposedly containing the holy grails of fixes) for engineers have all been nerfs and fixing underwater combat (10% of the combat of the game). And don't get me started on their invented gap that ascended is taking up or the sudden focus on the FotM making the entire world empty.

between the lack of choices, the problems making my class impossible to play because everything is either too weak or misses all the time or a combo of both, and poor design decisions post launch I cannot stress the disappointment this is been. Until a month before Nov 16th everything was fine.

This game is going on the shelf until they get their crap together I have no idea who took over the reigns or if they have too many departments working on the same thing but not communication or scheduling properly but whatever is happening this is the most poorly run AAA title since when they gave the reigns to a marine biologist at Blizzard for world of warcraft.

OP: I cannot answer your question because I dunno what to go back to. I have heard that DDO has changed many a thing. I really am not all that impressed with LOTRO atm. I am currently playing other things until Neverwinter comes out supposedly in Q1.

My main is an engineer, and I completely agree with your engineering points. We all the jack of all trades, master of none. Sadly, bugs constantly render us unusable. Oh well, I have patience. Until then I use my guardian/ necro for pvp.