Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: 5.2 - "The Thunder King is Risen"

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Blizzard Entertainment has sent out the first official image and teaser for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria's second major update.  Patch 5.2, dealing with Thunder Isle, is due to hit the public test realms in early January.

The image attached below confirms the next major raid coming to Azeroth, known as Thunder Isle.  This is also, obviously, an outside shot from that new location.

There are not many details yet, but only this official statement: 

"Happy Holidays from the World of Warcraft team! Here’s a small present to tide you over until the new year."

Look out for more information later today, as Blizzard pulls back the curtain a little more.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    You've noticed that Blizz is putting out patches faster and faster now adays? I remember when it was more then 4 or 5 months per patch or longer back in BC days.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Doesnt look like the black temple much..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    The Blizzard trademark of not letting its guard down...
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Hey look kiddies, all that loot you work for will be obsolete and you will be having alts at your level soon. Glad you worked hard!
  • CordezCordez Member Posts: 6
    Surely it should be "The Thunder King HAS Risen"
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Cordez

Not if there is Trolls(the game version, not the forum version) involved

This have been a good conversation

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Is that The Lich King with gas?

Joined - July 2004

• JPaterson84JPaterson84 Member Posts: 11

The Thunder King Is Risen is also acceptable English, usage of which has just fallen out of favor in recent times.

Freelance writer, majority of work in the video game and entertainment industries.
    http://www.jpaterson.net/

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I'm pretty surprised with the speed of these updates but let’s face it Trion have been showing them how it's done for over a year now and they had to do something sooner or later. I think the focus is now firmly on holding subscribers rather than getting new ones at least in the west. It's going to be interesting to see how long they can keep this pace up.

• ravenwingzravenwingz Member Posts: 1

Grammar Natzi's! Yes both ways are fine.

Keep up the fight for the English language!

• Raivyn79Raivyn79 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Nazi* ;)
  • RaingirlRaingirl Member Posts: 34

There's nothing surprising about the timing of this patch. The one year commitment period that players agreed to in exchange for beta access to Mists of Pandaria, Diablo III and the free copy of Diablo III is about to expire.  Those of us who were in the beta test will now be free to cancel our accounts. It stands to reason they're trying to prevent any mass exodus in the next couple of months.

As an 8 year vet I thought I'd never quit this game but the Pandaria  beta was such a fanbois fest I left midway and have been Simming ever since. I bought Pandaria but never had any desire to install it. Some of us are just marking time before we can leave.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Raingirl

There's nothing surprising about the timing of this patch. The one year commitment period that players agreed to in exchange for beta access to Mists of Pandaria, Diablo III and the free copy of Diablo III is about to expire.  Those of us who were in the beta test will now be free to cancel our accounts. It stands to reason they're trying to prevent any mass exodus in the next couple of months.

As an 8 year vet I thought I'd never quit this game but the Pandaria  beta was such a fanbois fest I left midway and have been Simming ever since. I bought Pandaria but never had any desire to install it. Some of us are just marking time before we can leave.

Why would you buy a game that you have no desire to play? That seems like a waste...

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

In this case, the Thunder King is risen by trolls, and he has yet to do so, and it's likely your raid trying to prevent the threat, as I believe his revival is delayed in a quest series, but seemed inevitable.

• FiveballFiveball Member Posts: 15
    Lol have to agree with the 'worked so hard for gear and loot, now its all obsolete' comment. Partly why i quit so long ago. So easy to do, everythign is generic nowdays and no individualism from what i read.