Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is my character?

Ok, wow is blocked because  of some internet problems and i want to give a try to lotro again. I had some 30 lev ranger somewhere on ''who knows which server'' but i can't find anything. You still can't  find anything on list of servers! After so many years they did not managed to create character list on server menu!!?? Comon guys!  Even worst mmo's have this option  and turbine was not able to create that. Is ther any option to find my character (except to search each of the servers, what is pain in the ass because you must log out all the time) ?  Or maybe is that character erased after 2 years?

Comments

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    You know complaining about something like this is just like using a megaphone to tell everyone how lazy you are.
  • zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by Sanguinelust
    You know complaining about something like this is just like using a megaphone to tell everyone how lazy you are.

I am lazy? Not  incompetent lotro developers?  It was to hard to put  number of characters you have on each server like in any other mmo?

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

But... there's what, 5 servers? You're seriously too lazy to log on 5 times to look for your character? SERIOUSLY?

This has got to be a joke post.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Way more than 5 servers, and it is bad.  They should (like most games) provide a count of how many characters you have on a server in the list at the very least.

I've found it annoying to search for old characters in LOTRO when I can't remember which server I was on or they moved/merged servers since I last played.

OP is a bit over the top on complaining about this but it IS an issue.

Originally posted by Rednecksith

But... there's what, 5 servers? You're seriously too lazy to log on 5 times to look for your character? SERIOUSLY?

This has got to be a joke post.

Why you write something stupid like that??? Cmon try even to log in and to count servers. You are the prove that some of guys here don't even try to play any of this games. Number of servers-- 29

Originally posted by Painlezz

Way more than 5 servers, and it is bad.  They should (like most games) provide a count of how many characters you have on a server in the list at the very least.

I've found it annoying to search for old characters in LOTRO when I can't remember which server I was on or they moved/merged servers since I last played.

OP is a bit over the top on complaining about this but it IS an issue.

Thank you aand sorry, i was to angry

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I feel your pain op as the same happened to me when I left for a few month's.My main server was easy to remember,but I created a couple on another server (15 in NA I think and 14 in EU) and it was a pain finding that server.

A number representing your characters beside server names would really help.After 5 1/2 yrs they still don't have this :(

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Slappy1

I feel your pain op as the same happened to me when I left for a few month's.My main server was easy to remember,but I created a couple on another server (15 in NA I think and 14 in EU) and it was a pain finding that server.

A number representing your characters beside server names would really help.After 5 1/2 yrs they still don't have this :(

I read now that some of eu characters are deleted :( Some servers was merged, hope not that one with my character

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

You can narrow it down to 13 (based on you mentioned 2+ years you played before the f2p conversion, so the f2p servers are out, just as the former Eu servers because if you played there, you most likely skipped the transfer period as well)

You probably can rule out Landroval too, since you'd remember wether you played on the RP server or not. That leaves 12. Which is still a big number...

Somewhat I agree with you, after a new pc (or just a client reinstall) it's a bit hard to find every alt, especially if you're an altoholic like me :) Turbine could enhance the server selection window with this feature.

(if you played on US servers, and remember any character's name, you can try the my.lotro page too)

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by zomard100

I read now that some of eu characters are deleted :( Some servers was merged, hope not that one with my character

chances are if you played when codemasters had it your character does not exist..we were all given a time period to link to new servers which has passed a few yrs ago me thinks..well at least 2 possibly 3 yrs

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Ok, wow is blocked because  of some internet problems and i want to give a try to lotro again. I had some 30 lev ranger somewhere on ''who knows which server'' but i can't find anything. You still can't  find anything on list of servers! After so many years they did not managed to create character list on server menu!!?? Comon guys!  Even worst mmo's have this option  and turbine was not able to create that. Is ther any option to find my character (except to search each of the servers, what is pain in the ass because you must log out all the time) ?  Or maybe is that character erased after 2 years?

Yeah you are from europe, you had a chance to register your characters when turbine took over the european version.

Were you on Laurelin server?

http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/3242/Closure-of-Codemasters-Migration-Services-for-LOTRO-and-DDO

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by kevjards

chances are if you played when codemasters had it your character does not exist..we were all given a time period to link to new servers which has passed a few yrs ago me thinks..well at least 2 possibly 3 yrs

As stated above, if you were on Eu servers, and didn't log in during the transfer period (Turbine moved our servers to the States) then your characters are gone... We had to make a new Turbine account, and then with the transfer page we had to "copy" our Codies account onto the Turbine one, so we could continue to play. Codies accounts are gone now. If you missed that transfer window (I think it was open for months after the server move), then your account probably lost...

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Aside from the EU moving time period you can easily find your characters if you go to the community site / forums.  One of the tabs at the top says "Characters" and then has a list of all the servers you have characters on.  So it's pretty easy to find your characters unless they were deleted of course.

This is really good to know.I've only logged into the community site a couple times over the year's and never knew that was there :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Rimmersman

Yeah you are from europe, you had a chance to register your characters when turbine took over the european version.

Were you on Laurelin server?

http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/3242/Closure-of-Codemasters-Migration-Services-for-LOTRO-and-DDO

Well i don't know if i was there. But i created yesterday new character on Laurelin. And i must say i'm impressed. I was playing until  4h in the morning  with lore master. Game is so good looking with directx 11. Awesome story, i subscribed :)

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Aside from the EU moving time period you can easily find your characters if you go to the community site / forums.  One of the tabs at the top says "Characters" and then has a list of all the servers you have characters on.  So it's pretty easy to find your characters unless they were deleted of course.

O nice ty